The Escapist Presents: Holiday Memories

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Holiday Memories

The Escapist Staff talks of holiday traditions, music and their best gaming gifts ever.

Watch Video

I think the only gaming related item i've ever obsessively wanted for christmas is a Multi-tap for my Playstation2. My friends used to come over all the time to play Nightfire, and Need For Speed but we'd always have to take it in turns, so the multi-tap made life alot easier.
''All My Friends Are Metal Heads'' gets my hyped up for just about anything, but on christmas it's hilarious to watch my brothers and I headbanging in Santa hats!

i remember when i got my gameboy for Christmas, i played it 16 hours a day for the next month until i got an epileptic seizure and then my mom took it away, and didn't let me play games for quite some time after that (like 2 years), still the best Christmas present ever.

oh and thats quite some decorations you guys have, the only "decoration" we have at my job is a candle at the reception.

This site needs more Ron Jarzombek.

We always go around to look at some of the more extravagant house lights. Shit, half of them are in my neighborhood! Trying to sleep is a bitch.

What the hell did she mean by "santa"? the Santa in quotes? Whats up with THAT???

George Palmer:
What the hell did she mean by "santa"? the Santa in quotes? Whats up with THAT???

I think she used quotes with Santa because she was confused when she saw Santa at the mall and he looked different than when she saw Santa kissing mom underneath the mistletoe. She just must not know that Santa is a master of disguise and cannot reveal his true looks as too many people would try and find him.

the one thing i don't like about christmas is my mom always puts out this angel that has a motor in it so it moves and stuff, which may sound lovely and festive to some. don't be fooled, it is the devil! it is creepy as fuck with its dead black eyes and one year when i was younger the motor in it malfunctioned and me and my two sisters had the horrific experience of watching its head turn 360. to this day i can't look at it without getting shivers.

The Rock looks like some kind of Christmas themed stripper there.

Funk, you have an impressive array of figurines on your desk.

We have 2 traditions in my house hold. We listen to Mannheim Steamroller and my mom makes peanut butter balls.

A game of Monopoly after a Christmas dinner has been a longstanding tradition at my place. We've actually finished games in less tan four hours.

Christmas Eve at my Dads house, Then Christmas Morning at moms. Then who evers Christmas it is (Moms or Dads) we travel to wherever we're going. Which is never "Our house" for whatever reason.

I nominate this episode as Best Escapist Present Video ever!

- Best music in an Escapist video! Especially the intro and the outro.
- Archon's pandabear bamboo metaphore.
- Mkuliani has a tao dart board?

As for me, I don't really have any Christmas traditions, mostly because I don't have any family at all (seriously, not a single one). But this year will be special because one of me and my wife's best friends had a daughter born recently and we're the adopted aunt and uncle. So this will be our first Christmas with (adopted) family in many, many years. I'm really looking forward to it. Tofuturkey!

Being cynical is sort of my religion... so I hate (well not really) christmas. I just can't get in the spirit of the holidays. so to me christmas is no different from my birthday, except the house is covered in crap and we have a tree indoors.
(there are some cute girls working the Escapist.. : )

GAH! I really want to know what shane ate. its on the wall behind him but all you can see it 'shane ate...'

Also, like all the nerf guns dotted about.

paralost:
one year when i was younger the motor in it malfunctioned and me and my two sisters had the horrific experience of watching its head turn 360. to this day i can't look at it without getting shivers.

I laughed so hard at the mental image there.

Eric the Orange:
The Rock looks like some kind of Christmas themed stripper there.

Funk, you have an impressive array of figurines on your desk.

We have 2 traditions in my house hold. We listen to Mannheim Steamroller and my mom makes peanut butter balls.

14 Gundam models, an Eva-01 Revoltech, a StarCraft space marine, a 1/4 Haro, and a statue of Loran Cehack from Turn A Gundam.

Yeah, I have a lot of figurines.

Shane Hamstra:

George Palmer:

I think she used quotes with Santa because she was confused when she saw Santa at the mall and he looked different than when she saw Santa kissing mom underneath the mistletoe. She just must not know that Santa is a master of disguise and cannot reveal his true looks as too many people would try and find him.

I'm pretty sure "Santa" is up to something.... if that's who he REALLY is.

Since you guys CUT the footage of my BEAUTIFULLY FESTIVE DESK THEMIS TREE... I decided to post a picture. :P

That's one great tree, Lima.

Fun episode!

epic tree lima!

you know I just finished watching the Scorpion King on DvD (with the rock's commentary) so I came on here and then he's there again!
Why no santa hat though?
Can you imagine him coming down the chimney!?!

I've never realy lusted after anything for chirstmas although I do remember opening christmas presents a few years ago and I opened up an xbox controller thinking it was a pack of DvDs and suddenly a shiney penny dropped and the gears in my head started turning...

Several torrents of ripped rapping later and I was a happy little boy *<:)

Pirate Santa only brings you presents if you pillage 3 merchant vessels and fight the cylons.

Great video guys. My family still does the same old 'everyone meet up in the same location and eat till you feel sick' thing they've been doing since before I was born. I cant think of anything specific we do every year, it does always involve watching bad christmas tv though.

Funk gimme one of those Gunpla on your desk for christmas... Pretty please?

Is this the Hippo song?

Lauren admire thinks in the same way I do!

Wait.

*watches video again*
*tilts head up and to the right*
*scratches chin*
Yup!

Lefse should also contain cinnamon with the butter and sugar, too sweet with only butter and sugar, cinnamon evens it out.

And Shane what does those poster say about you? I could read "Shane Ate..." what's the rest?

any chance i can get the a guitar tab of the music please :D

Hey, i thought that RED star on top of a pine tree was a (post-) Soviet thing! But whatever.

AN OFFICE?! I assumed you were all just obese and very lazy... Just sat at home posting on this site, never seeing each other eye to eye, just eating cheesy Doritos and staring at a screen, maybe having a monthly shower to wash the orange Dorito stuff off your neckbeards.

(Don't ban me!)

Just curious; is Jordan Deam the only person in the office that uses an exercise ball as an office chair?

I know I would one.

I'm so interested in getting my hands on the outro music, and the musicians labeled are so obscure I can't even find them on Youtube...
Not fair...

[edit] AND their websites don't have any of their music on them.

Awww. Loved this video. Isn't Christmas the best season ever? :D

Lots of food, wine for everyone, the house full of lights, the family laughing together, my little cousins that can barely wait the time to open the presents... It's magic. :p

John Funk has an epic collection of Gundams on his desk, whilst I believe that Slycne is a fan of BattleStar Galactica :D
well, Most Christmases my 'immediate' family joins with one of my father's friends for a Sandinavian celebration
Otherwise, I play games with my cousins or my friends (cause my B-Day is on December 16th) or on my own :D

Oh, this video is kinda... I don't have a correct word for this. Now I know your faces, and it makes us like a big internet family, but...
Midnight phonecall:
- This is Jane?
- Yes.
- Jane, please, switch the light on, and look out the window.
- What? Who is it?
- Oh dear... Just switch the light on and look out the window.
- Well... Okay... I did it, but who I'm talking to?
- The sniper.

Beware of snipers! ^_^ (and happy holydays for all of you)

Archemetis:
I'm so interested in getting my hands on the outro music, and the musicians labeled are so obscure I can't even find them on Youtube...
Not fair...

Keep an eye on the music page - we'll get them added at some point. :)

CaptainCrunch:

Archemetis:
Not fair...

Keep an eye on the music page - we'll get them added at some point. :)

Ah, good times, thank you. :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or