The Escapist's Holiday Buyer's Guide

The Escapist's Holiday Buyer's Guide

Whether you're checking off names on your gift list or just treating yourself, these goodies are sure to make your season bright.

Read Full Article

So, who saw the Titanium Spork and instantly decided that that is what they wanted this holiday season?

Mstrswrd:
So, who saw the Titanium Spork and instantly decided that that is what they wanted this holiday season?

I'm more of a cuddly squid guy myself.

lostclause:

Mstrswrd:

Agreed. I saw that squid and said, "oh hell yes."

OT: Nice list. It gave some things to think about. Like giant plush squids. (Not that I really need to add more stuff to my Amazon wishlist.)

www.thinkgeek.com - Stuff for Smart Masses

Pretty much self-explanatory. I recommend the Gamer category myself: covers everything from Mario to Portal. They have interactive portal shirts!

Thanks for the list, and more thanks for putting your grinning mugs up there, as well. It's always nice to put a face to the words.

Happy Holidays, you zany lot!

Hasn't Greg ever heard of Mint Car?

imp_spittle:

lostclause:

Mstrswrd:

Agreed. I saw that squid and said, "oh hell yes."

OT: Nice list. It gave some things to think about. Like giant plush squids. (Not that I really need to add more stuff to my Amazon wishlist.)

Double agreed. I saw the squid and said, "What can I do with that!"
I also love the titanium spork. You can't win more than opening a spork and a squid out of a giant christmas present that you were perhaps expecting something less awesome from.

HOLY CRAP, the titanium spork is made of awesome O.o

Simalacrum:

No, it's made of titanium. :p

Jordan gets extra recommendation points for being uber-sexy, also, John, you're so predictable.

Yes! Titanium spork! Now i can finally eat my concrete cereal.

ottenni:
Yes! Titanium spork! Now i can finally eat my concrete cereal.

lol, Its grrrrreat!!!

But seriously, some nice little toys up there I would mind having myself...

Really, if anyone bought me any of these gifts I would be extremely pleased. Hint hint...

Mstrswrd:

Yes. All hail the titanium spork! I've never seen one that hasn't been made out of plastic before.

Sweet.
Defiantly want the plampre.
And what are you talking about?
(Puts on sweet shades)
Sun Glasses in house=COOLENESS!

I have those headphones except i have the ex-29's and they work like a dream, so nice not to be able to hear anything but what you are trying to listen too although if my house got broken into whilst i was there i wouldn't hear it...

that Cure T-shirt is a must. Ive had 3 Tshirst in my cart at threadless for months and now they are $9 its time to treat myself!

SwiMP3 is awesome too but a little expensive for as often as I would use it sadly

I want that T-shirt. And now I want to listen to that song...

"Thursday, I don't care about you, it's friday, I'm in love..."

Oh, and there is a role that Nathan Fillion plays other than himself; James Frederick Ryan, Minnesota!

Mstrswrd:

Me...

lostclause:

I was actually thinking of cutting it in half and modifying it to a Cthulhu doll :P

The high-end headphones really are great for drowning out unwanted noise. I use them for conventions, air travel, and 2-stroke engines. There is nothing better than actually hearing your music while mowing the lawn or blowing leaves.

I once had a rather large branch fall about 50 feet, landing right next to me. I felt it shake the ground, but never heard it hit. They're terrifyingly awesome headphones.

Vierran:
I have those headphones except i have the ex-29's and they work like a dream, so nice not to be able to hear anything but what you are trying to listen too although if my house got broken into whilst i was there i wouldn't hear it...

Hey there, headphone buddy!

A Short History of Nearly Everything looks interesting...

And the squid.

My jaw hit the floor as soon as I read the words titanium spork. It could only be described as : DEAR SANTA, DO WANT!

I'm in love with the Cure shirt. And those headphones wouldn't be too bad either.

Mstrswrd:

Titanium sporks for the wind, my friend, titanium sporks for the wind.

Damn, why must the sunglasses maker not make a form of clip-on shades?! Seriously, I'd buy a pair if I could use them along with my normal glasses.

Only issue I have with this list is:

Did it really have to be 7 pages long? Are we turning into CNN and Salon where a top ten list takes 5 clicks to vew completely?

Kuliani:
Damn, why must the sunglasses maker not make a form of clip-on shades?! Seriously, I'd buy a pair if I could use them along with my normal glasses.

I actually think they come in prescription lenses, too.

Nightfalke:

Did it really have to be 7 pages long? Are we turning into CNN and Salon where a top ten list takes 5 clicks to vew completely?

Seven contributors, seven pages. Seems reasonable to me.

Susan Arendt:

Nightfalke:

I would have been happy with three pages, but seven pages of gift tips is amazing! So you have to click a few more links, like that'll kill you.

Christmas gifts are always tricky to ask for, because anything I really want to have is too expensive to ask for, and if there was something I really want to have that's not too expensive to ask for, I would already have bought it myself. So these tips are very helpful. I'd like to see more buyer's guides like this in the future, even when it's not Christmas. It could serve as gift tips for birthdays or other special occasions, or just for things that would be cool to have. I think a Buyer's Guide section would be a good addition to the Escapist.

LTK_70:

Susan Arendt:

Nightfalke:

I would have been happy with three pages, but seven pages of gift tips is amazing! So you have to click a few more links, like that'll kill you.

Seriously. Maybe Page One should have been a full-page ad for a little robot that would move the little-wittle mousie and click the itty-bitty bootons for you, you pansy. ;)

Who recommended A short history of nearly everything? I love that book, and it's intresting how parts are out of date (pluto being the largest) even though it was published just six years ago.

Oooh that coffee maker is very nice and you can get it on Amazon UK too.
Thanks for an interesting list, I never know what novelty gifts to get for Christmas.

lostclause:

Mstrswrd:

lostclause:

Mstrswrd:

The squid went straight onto my Christmas list before I'd evenr ead the rest of the article.

nilcypher:

Simalacrum:

No, it's made of titanium. :p

...shhh!

It hasn't stopped me from being inspired into making a church worshipping the thing :P

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here