Review: The Saboteur

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Review: The Saboteur

Vive la Resistance! Even if it does have iffy controls and bad voice acting!

Read Full Article

I really wish they could have hired an actual Irish actor to do the voice of Sean. Fuck, I'd have done it for free.
It just annoys me when they go for the 'Jaysus Begorrah!' type of Irishmen, because they don't actually exist.

What a shame. I was SO looking forward to this.

Ah well, I might just get it on budget later.

Furburt:
I really wish they could have hired an actual Irish actor to do the voice of Sean. Fuck, I'd have done it for free.
It just annoys me when they go for the 'Jaysus Begorrah!' type of Irishmen, because they don't actually exist.

But if you would have done it they wouldn't be able to call it "The saboteur". They would have to call it "Furburts adventures through time"

Stonking Great Tits!

I'm actually waiting for something or someone to come along an thoroughly convince me to get this game. No luck so far.

Oh good, I was a little worried that after all the advertising on this site, the game would get a glowing review. It's nice to be reminded that The Escapist is not that kind of establishment.

That said, you've actually made me more likely to buy the game, probably because I had already assumed it was going to be awful, I'm glad it's not.

Am i the only one to whom this sounds a lot like Assassin's Creed?
Only one?

Those visuals look astoundingly good, but alas if the game is flaunting that you sneak in and lay traps, then make an epic escape/sneak out, and they counter it by having the Guards overly suspicous so sneaking in is impossible, then my friend.

You're doing it wrong.

HUBILUB:

Furburt:

But if you would have done it they wouldn't be able to call it "The saboteur". They would have to call it "Furburts adventures through time"

*Patents quickly*

Furburt:

I swear, I think I heard him say "boyo" at one point. Very disappointing.

Damnit! Seemed so promising...

Eagle Est1986:
Oh good, I was a little worried that after all the advertising on this site, the game would get a glowing review. It's nice to be reminded that The Escapist is not that kind of establishment.

I for one am shocked that the Escapist's continued demonstration of integrity and cleverness hasn't caused the Internet to implode from sheer improbability.

Eagle Est1986:
That said, you've actually made me more likely to buy the game, probably because I had already assumed it was going to be awful, I'm glad it's not.

It doesn't sound awful per se, and I like tits as much as the next guy. But I don't know if it's worth 60 US dollars.

Tonimata:
Only one?

Yep. Only one.

OT: Anyway, I had no clue whether I was going to get this or not. Now, I have no clue whether I am going to get this or not.

Yay...!

Mmm I'm loving the noir type style of the Nazi occupied zones, but not many other things..

console controls seem to suck

good thing i have the pc version where the only problem is that sean likes to go into cover while i'm trying to sprint away from nazi's! oh well...

and yes i did notice the whole pedestrian suicide thing... it's why my civilian kill count is only 6 kills behind the nazi's...

otherwise i love the game

Tears of Blood:

Tonimata:
Only one?

Yep. Only one.

OT: Anyway, I had no clue whether I was going to get this or not. Now, I have no clue whether I am going to get this or not.

Yay...!

So after all, I am the only one that can recognize obvious patterns and drive vehicles properly in Halo (don't ask how I always get run over when I (politely) ask to man the turret.)

I don't think I'll go close to this game anyways, my budget is way too tight on game lately.
So very sad.

A race car driver named Devlin?

If this is coming out for the 360, I might rent it for a spin. I don't care about those stonking titties so much as to buy the PC version at full price, especially considering the sad shape of my desktop system. Would a GeForce 7800GTX even run this beast? It's mighty pretty lookin'.

300lb. Samoan:
A race car driver named Devlin?

If this is coming out for the 360, I might rent it for a spin. I don't care about those stonking titties so much as to buy the PC version at full price, especially considering the sad shape of my desktop system. Would a GeForce 7800GTX even run this beast? It's mighty pretty lookin'.

If you enjoy sandbox style games, it's certainly worth at least a rental. Paper-thin characters and horrendous voice acting aside, the missions themselves are actually pretty fun, and the visuals are worth seeing. Really just beautiful.

boo on the censors! XD

Im hoping to get this a s a Christmas present. we'll see if it comes about. looks like fun and while i did get tired of GTA and the clones I think this new take will be quite fun.

anyone know if this made it to Oz? are we gonna get a ZP on broken stealth and titties or will we have to wait for Yahtzee to get an import?

I'll have to have a look into this, as I'm an enthusiast for new IPs.

BlueInkAlchemist:

I for one am shocked that the Escapist's continued demonstration of integrity and cleverness hasn't caused the Internet to implode from sheer improbability.

Which is exactly why I frequent this place so damned often.

BlueInkAlchemist:

It doesn't sound awful per se, and I like tits as much as the next guy. But I don't know if it's worth 60 US dollars.

Oh wait, I meant play not buy, my mistake. Yes, judging by Susan's verdict, it's definitely worth a play, though I don't think I'll be paying more than 20 of my British Pounds to do so. A solid rent by the sounds of things.

I don't get why people are saying the voice acting is so bad. Other than some cliche-sounding accents, it's fine. Certainly no worse than most other games.

It's a little sad that EA seems to have no faith in this one. It's already only $49.99 at most Best Buys. I personally think its quite a bit better than GTAIV, but maybe thats just me.

It's so saddening when a game is almost wonderful. Such a waste. I felt that way about Bionic Commando.

I call those Bad Good Games.

I bought it and I think it's great fun just blowing stuff up and running like hell. Plus the noir style graphics are awesome; but the bright areas look washed out and meh.

That vid really hasnt sold it for me, looks like its Lego Indy for me then....sigh

2:59 censure nipple slip! the irony of that is fantastic!

MercurySteam:
Stonking Great Tits!

With the capitalisation I assume you mean;-

OT - Was still pondering whether to shell out for this. I think it will be one to put on hold until it drops in price somewhat.

Good review Susan.

That's not how Germans say "Saboteur"!
It's always funny to hear others' impression of our language.
Anyway, nice review.

Gah, I don't know what I was expecting for this game but that review dissapponted me. maybe I'll still get it some day, but I will be fully aware that other than the coloring affects and the actual good cause that you're fighting for, it's all been done before.

All this stuff on the accents - am I the only one who thinks they were made intentionally bad?

I've played through: it's a lot of fun, a half decent story and Sean did actually become likable after a while.

A recommendation from me, it be.

Hm... might pick this one up

Apart form MW2, this is the only game that has really caught my interest this winter. I'm easily impressed so I might pick it up.

Stonking Great Tits! And with som imagination it's like Sin City teh game

Tonimata:
So after all, I am the only one that can recognize obvious patterns and drive vehicles properly in Halo (don't ask how I always get run over when I (politely) ask to man the turret.)

I don't think I'll go close to this game anyways, my budget is way too tight on game lately.
So very sad.

Oh yeah. I remember the part where you drive a vehicle around and shoot people in the face.

It's an open world game. It's no closer to Assassin's Creed than GTA4 and Prototype are.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here