The Escapist Film Festival 2009: Pocket Monsters

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Great job on this, you've got my vote and I hope you guys win. :)

pretty good plot ep :D..
though i must say the acting needs improving :D..

Brilliant, you deserve the gold medal of awesome!

Pretty good, although I found it a little slow. I was tempted at times to fast forward through it to see if any Pokemans would make an appearance but I stopped myself. Clever idea, would like to see more.

Nice creation of the war-scape too.

I can see this becoming something better than There Will Be Brawl. It has my vote.

Pretty good effects and camera work. Love the idea, too: The once happy and go lucky tales of Ash turned Dark and Gritty. I always wanted to see more of There Will Be Brawel, but in a different setting.
The only problem I have is with the acting of the main characters. Ash is decent so far (though I haven't heard much from him besides angst) but Brock ist just meh, just didn't seem like he was all there. But I loved Team Rocket!

But hopefully you guys will have a chance to get a chance to make another episode! Good luck to you guys!

At first I did not care for the video, but once I saw Team Rocket I fell in love.

This is brilliant, got my vote.

This one's got my vote. I personally think it kind of follows the style of There Will Be Brawl; a new take on a good game/series, and the new look doesn't suck. =D

Also, there wasn't that much else that was nearly as good as this, to be brutally honest.

the pikachu battle was pretty intense, tho the bulbasaur one left something to be desired
but wth this has potential, tho I just don't see it running more than a season (and that would be preferable actually)

Ramthundar:
but Brock ist just meh, just didn't seem like he was all there.

See I thought this was great cause Brock would often become not there when the girls were involved. This one just seems more like a real soldier combined w/ Brock. The egotistical horniness combined w/ the years of toughening = this Brock.

I loved the dark take on Pokémon, you got my vote. Random thing, when the guy playing Brock walked into the bar for a split second i thought it was The Rock :p

OmegaXIII:
I loved the dark take on Pokémon, you got my vote. Random thing, when the guy playing Brock walked into the bar for a split second i thought it was The Rock :p

Haha I was thinking the same...he seems to have a rock look to him.

Winner by awesome!
I love the effort the opening scene blew me away.I really hope you guys win.

Creepy but good

OmegaXIII:

he looks Samoan and if i remember correctly the rock is samoan...maybe they are related? kidding, but seriously...

Know little to nothing about Pokemon, but of the videos I viewed, this one was highest quality in all aspects. Plot well thought out but only enough revealed to entice the viewer to want to see more. Obviously lots of effort and time to plan, shoot scenes, edit, add effects, sound, produce. Stage set very well for future episodes. You all have challenged yourselves with producing an excellent introduction and succeeded. An introduction that demands excellence in episodes that will follow. Exellence I am sure will be achieved!

Great job! Definitely got my vote!

I thoroughly enjoyed this, though I don't see the point in videos such as this and Dorian's Quest, getting the funding. They clearly can create films to a good standard, with good camera work and special effects. Now, that isn't to say I don't believe they deserve a show, not by any means, I just believe those with LOWER quality, yet equally good detail such as Employee of the Month (still my current favourite I'm afraid) should get the funding, whilst Dorian's and Pocket Monsters (if they were to win) should just get a slot on the Escapist.

EDIT: Oh yes, and this has been done, yet again in a similar manner, by There Will Be Brawl; a dark twist on a highly known concept. Not too original, but still entertaining.

dinosaur_bert:
though I don't see the point in videos such as this and Dorian's Quest, getting the funding. They clearly can create films to a good standard, with good camera work and special effects.

This was definitely not free, or even cheap, to make. The budget came out of the pockets of the cast and Crew. Costumes, props and effects aren't cheap.

And I'll make sure to tell Blake he looks like the Rock. :)

umm... yep. Double checked today and voted again. I feel like these guys worked the hardest and therefor made a video that wasn't terrible. Most of the other videos have people ACTING like gamers, and the ACTING probably is a little tougher when you have to ACT as a real character instead of yourself on the couch with that glazed over, mindless zombie stare. You know the one. yea.. thats not hard to do my 12 year old brother can do it pretty well. I Think the acting will improve over time as these guys progress. Still have my vote. New comers uping the ladder like PALS Pilot Episode, Gonna check them out.

Best I've seen in the contest so far. Recieves my vote (at least today)

Yeah i figured the money if they win would help to making the pokemon bad ass looking, and i can't wait to see the creators dark vision of pikachu!

this was an excellent video. great portrayal of how Pokemon would be in a real world situation. you guys rule. you got my vote.

Great video, i hope you guys win the contest.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Why is this video only #2? Dorian's Quest has a somewhat attractive girl and nothing else going for it. THERE IS NO JUSTICE.

Kick Ass. I hope you guys win.

Got my vote, loved this video and the concept.

It well done, but it didn't catch my interest.

Interesting. You have my vote.

I really enjoyed this video, it's my favorite in the contest. It definitely seems to be inspired by There Will Be Brawl, but that's definitely not a bad thing. I enjoy people's interpretations of the dark, realistic sides of our beloved games.

Also, Pokemon are hax:

well filmed, but it's lacking humor.

Umm is it supposed to be humorous? I don't think that was in the guidelines of the film contest. So this seems kinda unimportant.

I've looked all through these comments and have not seen one thing about the melted face soldier. I mean his acting practically stole the show and no one seems to notice.

lol Yes Melted face guy is the most badass character in this 5 minute video.

good stuff, reminds me of "there will be brawl",
I like it, voted

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook