The Escapist Film Festival 2009: Pocket Monsters

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

The team rocket thing was the best...this is a great adaptation! Definitely my choice for the whole festival.

This is easily one of the good films I ever seen. Dark humor, much like There Will Be Brawl.

I would like to know how long it took to make this video? If someone could let me know, for, uh, future references.

DaBozz:
Wow. this was good, but I get the feeling they "got the idea" from there will be brawl.
and the lack of seeing the pokemon put me off a little....I sware if there cuddly toys....

Cause "There will be Brawl" were the first to do dark satire on something?

And there was pokemon in it, you just don't get full shots of them, and I like it this way right now..its like the scary movies that show you bits and pieces of the monster before you get to see it in all its glory. Plus, it was just the pilot, i'm sure if they win, the funding will help make the pokemon bad ass..would you rather they go ahead and put something out there w/ their budget as is?

Shockware:

DaBozz:
Wow. this was good, but I get the feeling they "got the idea" from there will be brawl.
and the lack of seeing the pokemon put me off a little....I sware if there cuddly toys....

And there was pokemon in it, you just don't get full shots of them, and I like it this way right now..its like the scary movies that show you bits and pieces of the monster before you get to see it in all its glory. Plus, it was just the pilot, i'm sure if they win, the funding will help make the pokemon bad ass..would you rather they go ahead and put something out there w/ their budget as is?

Something nintendo yes...

there budget can't be that sparce if they can go full CGI with the lightning and vinewhip effects.

Im just saying careful with your vote, theres already a great "Dark satire" nintendo show on here, and that has more range with characters ect, why would we need two?

DaBozz:

Shockware:

DaBozz:

there budget can't be that sparce if they can go full CGI with the lightning and vinewhip effects.

Im just saying careful with your vote, theres already a great "Dark satire" nintendo show on here, and that has more range with characters ect, why would we need two?

1. TWBB ends in December.
2. I got after effects at a discount through my school and the vine cost $4 to make. You have no idea what you are talking about. We have 4 roommates in an Apartment and all of the money for this came out of our own pockets which we work full time jobs to get.
3. As I have previously stated, Jared and I had this idea more than 6 months ago, long before we had heard of TWBB. If you want to make the rip off argument, the Dorian's Quest is just a rip off of Doomsday Arcade (I'm not saying it actually is, just pointing out that your argument is extremely weak.)
4. As stated, there will be Pokemon. And I assure you, they will not be cuddly toys.

Reeper0278:
I would like to know how long it took to make this video? If someone could let me know, for, uh, future references.

We worked on this for about a month all together. It probably wouldn't have taken that long but we were waiting for costumes to come in, and I taught myself After Effects from scratch for this project. All in all about 8 hours of filming, probably another 30 combined editing and effects work.

Militant_Hippie:

DaBozz:

Shockware:

DaBozz:

1. TWBB ends in December.
2. I got after effects at a discount through my school and the vine cost $4 to make. You have no idea what you are talking about. We have 4 roommates in an Apartment and all of the money for this came out of our own pockets which we work full time jobs to get.
3. As I have previously stated, Jared and I had this idea more than 6 months ago, long before we had heard of TWBB. If you want to make the rip off argument, the Dorian's Quest is just a rip off of Doomsday Arcade (I'm not saying it actually is, just pointing out that your argument is extremely weak.)
4. As stated, there will be Pokemon. And I assure you, they will not be cuddly toys.

*sigh* talking to people like that wont win you votes though. "no idea what your talking about" erm excuse me GCI softwere is not cheap...I had no idea you got it via you school...does't = stupid thank you =_=

I already voted for this show anyway I never said it was bad...in fact I hope you win.
because the series has huge potential (more than TWBB becuase theres like 400+ pokemon)

Militant_Hippie:

Reeper0278:

We worked on this for about a month all together. It probably wouldn't have taken that long but we were waiting for costumes to come in, and I taught myself After Effects from scratch for this project. All in all about 8 hours of filming, probably another 30 combined editing and effects work.

So how long could it take for each episode to be done? I mean I can't say I want to see more of it here right away, but I haven't had the experience of long waits between episodes either. This is gonna be a good series, nonetheless.

DaBozz:

*sigh* talking to people like that wont win you votes though. "no idea what your talking about" erm excuse me GCI softwere is not cheap...I had no idea you got it via you school...does't = stupid thank you =_=

I already voted for this show anyway I never said it was bad...in fact I hope you win.
because the series has huge potential (more than TWBB becuase theres like 400+ pokemon)

That came of a LOT harsher than I meant it to, so I apologize. I had meant more something along the lines You have no idea how much of our own money we put into this.

Reeper0278:
So how long could it take for each episode to be done? I mean I can't say I want to see more of it here right away, but I haven't had the experience of long waits between episodes either. This is gonna be a good series, nonetheless.

We are shooting for every 2 weeks, IF we win.

You said that TWBB was the first to do dark nintendo satire? In my opinion..and granted..this is just my uneducated opinion here...but The Super Mario Bro's movie was actually a dark spin on the Mario video games...granted..it was a piece of crap so much that even the guys playing Mario and Luigi knew it was and spent the majority of their time on camera partially intoxicated. Either way...the movie was a dark near satire of the video game itself.

So i have to disagree it was the first.

Either way, like I said before, i'm looking forward to the "Pocket Monsters" and seriously doubt it will be cheesy cutsey monsters haha.

Militant_Hippie:

DaBozz:

That came of a LOT harsher than I meant it to, so I apologize. I had meant more something along the lines You have no idea how much of our own money we put into this.

aha, respect, I apologize too ^^
if you need help with anything im more than willing to donate as Im sure are some of the other members.....you have to win...I want to see misty.....my first male crush...omg I have to see misty ;_;

Shockware:
You said that TWBB was the first to do dark nintendo satire? In my opinion..and granted..this is just my uneducated opinion here...but The Super Mario Bro's movie was actually a dark spin on the Mario video games...granted..it was a piece of crap so much that even the guys playing Mario and Luigi knew it was and spent the majority of their time on camera partially intoxicated. Either way...the movie was a dark near satire of the video game itself.

So i have to disagree it was the first.

Either way, like I said before, i'm looking forward to the "Pocket Monsters" and seriously doubt it will be cheesy cutsey monsters haha.

*Shudders* NEVER SPEAK OF THAT!

DaBozz:
*Shudders* NEVER SPEAK OF THAT!

Speak of what?! hehe

Meh don't mind the criticisms guys. You put forth more work than most and it shows. Props on doing everything yourself. Learning aftereffects from scratch?! wow Looks like you've been doing effects work for awhile. And seeing Tejeti's take on Team Rocket I highly doubt that the "Pokemon" will be cute cuddly stuffed animals. I mean Pikachu blew a guy apart in teh first minute! Ima continue voting because I hope to see this continue.

Dear Lords of Kobol your Team Rocket scares me....

Voted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk6pW1CJnBY

Looked up Tejeti on Youtube and found this link about Pocket Monsters. F'ing hilarious!

Eric the Orange:

Colossus08:
Then why don't you actually voice YOUR opinion instead of being all cryptic and such. Say what you're really thinking, because we'd all LOVE to know.

Wait are you talking to me? If so you should really have quoted me or put my name in it or something. If not then my apologies.

I don't really see how I was being cryptic. All I was trying to say is what is good and what isn't is an opinion. As opposed to a fact which it was being stated as.

And I don't really see how my opinion has anything to do with that point but OK, if you really want to know. I thought it was quite good, and would be well used to fill the gap left by TWBB.

Of course you could be being sarcastic, it's hard to tell in text. If this is indeed the case I must ask why the attitude? What did I do to deserve that kind of thing?

okay, i guess that came out a bit harsh. i was just trying to gain an understanding as to what you were talking about. i was confused and i apologize.

Woem:
This is indeed impressive. Won't there be any legal issues with a Pokemon copyright infringement though?

Not if it's used in parody, I believe.

I could be wrong though.

Also, you got my vote.

Angrypudding:

Looked up Tejeti on Youtube and found this link about Pocket Monsters. F'ing hilarious!

That's hilarious. I found this link through your post right after finishing my second whore-out video. I wish it was a bit funnier though. It was still pretty good.

Angrypudding:

Wow, that's cool I guess. Just kinda made that as a fun video for our friends to see...

I'm very humbled by all the feedback (positive and critical), simply because we worked very hard on the project, and it's cool to see some comments.

Thanks to all for the votes!

Hope to continue the series...and if not...crawling into a hole and dying sounds fun.

Worst ADR I've ever seen and you guys could work on acting a bit more natural but the premise is enough for me to forgive those otherwise deal breaking flaws. I hope to see more of this soon.

Oh sweet Jesus McChrist. As soon as I saw the first lightning flash I knew what the premise was going to be...and I fell in love with it.

I want to see more of this.

Amazing video, I loved the take on Team Rocket.
I am interested in seeing how you handle showing the Pokemon though.

That was pretty good. I liked it. You've got my vote.

Video number 3.
Best so far.
I'm off to see more before I cast my vote.

Tejeti, I just want to say that as of right now, you have two posts and I have 299, and you have five awesome badges I don't have, and one of which I have precious little hope of obtaining. You, sir, have the touch, and the power.

Hmm. This one is probally the only decent one I've seen so far. And the guy that plays Brock is a pretty solid actor.

You got my vote.

This doesnt hold a candle to TWBB, anyone saying so obviously hasnt watched an episode of that series.

I didnt like it simply because it didnt have any "Pokemon" touches put in. I mean yea Ash is wearing the same hat as in the games but come on? I mean really if this series gets picked up it needs to stop being so much of a "War" show and more of an actual "Pokemon" show.

1337girlFTW:
Great video! But Jesse and James is kinda... scary... Voted

Personally I'm kind of glad they aren't so stupid you can't quite take them seriously even when they have Pikachu kidnaped and things should be looking bad (like in the anime series). My only problem is that it looked like one of them said something without the mask's mouth moving (unless it was Giovanni that said "we like making friends")

WaderiAAA:

1337girlFTW:

Personally I'm kind of glad they aren't so stupid you can't quite take them seriously even when they have Pikachu kidnaped and things should be looking bad (like in the anime series). My only problem is that it looked like one of them said something without the mask's mouth moving (unless it was Giovanni that said "we like making friends")

Is the masks mouth supposed to move?

Jiveturkey124:
This doesnt hold a candle to TWBB, anyone saying so obviously hasnt watched an episode of that series.

I didnt like it simply because it didnt have any "Pokemon" touches put in. I mean yea Ash is wearing the same hat as in the games but come on? I mean really if this series gets picked up it needs to stop being so much of a "War" show and more of an actual "Pokemon" show.

Well if that wasn't a pompous opening statement... Anyways I believe people are entitled to their opinions, but personally I enjoy the fact that they have added their own original spin on it without falling into a pit of cliches.

Angrypudding:

WaderiAAA:

1337girlFTW:

That depends on whether Jesse and James are actually supposed to be wearing masks, or whether the masks are suppsoed to be what their faces really looks like. If I am correct that the later is the case, it should (or they should be wearing face paint rather than masks)

Percutio:

Jiveturkey124:

Well if that wasn't a pompous opening statement... Anyways I believe people are entitled to their opinions, but personally I enjoy the fact that they have added their own original spin on it without falling into a pit of cliches.

Ditto. This is dark humour in the same way TWBB is, and they change the loveable pokemon into dangerous creatures the same way TWBB turns a brutal king into a spiritual one.

WaderiAAA:

Angrypudding:

WaderiAAA:

1337girlFTW:

That depends on whether Jesse and James are actually supposed to be wearing masks, or whether the masks are suppsoed to be what their faces really looks like. If I am correct that the later is the case, it should (or they should be wearing face paint rather than masks)

I think they are just suppose to be wearing masks IMO. Like masked psycho killers. Like instead of how it is in the cartoon where they are bad, but always stupid laughable bad guys, their faces are just stupid laughable masks that show that they are actually twisted inside.

It's like, "There Will Be Brawl", but pokemon style. Very, very good. I hope it wins it!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here