lookingforloper:

tellmeimaninja:

lookingforloper:

tellmeimaninja:

Shockware:

tellmeimaninja:

Angrypudding:

tellmeimaninja:
Why is this winning? This is horrible...
No offense.

How?

It's not funny, it's unoriginal, and it's virtually unenjoyable. The camerawork, acting, dialogue, and miserable attepmts at humor simply offend me as a living thing...

Must I go on?

Don't ask people why they don't enjoy something; they have nothing to lose in complaining about it.

Its not exactly suppose to be a comedy from what I gather..so whether its funny to you or not doesn't seem to matter.

Nothing on here is fully original. Everything on here is inspired by something. Tell me which video is original and i'll vote for it.

Whether its unenjoyable is obviously your own opinion here cause i find it enjoyable and obviously tons others find it enjoyable.

The camera work is great, the camera quality is mediocre. Care to be more specific?

The acting, as stated by the guys behind it, have never acted before and are learning. Its something called "gaining experience". Not the little video game experience, but real life experience, by actually doing something. Which these guys are obviously trying to do...and It seems a lil off on the acting i think more due to the need to voice over cause of their lack of a boom mic.

And if you are that easily offended by little jabs at humor in a thing that isn't suppose to be humorous....well thats your own damn fault for being such a bitch and so easily offended.

Don't complain about something and not expect people to wonder why? that is unless you are complaining to just complain, in that case you are just an attention whore troll. And grats on getting reactions =D

Oh, I'm sorry. Was my opinion different from yours? I'll be sure to avoid it next time.

If you couldn't tell that this is supposed to be dark comedy, I don't know what to say. It's either that, or Pokemon War Drama, which is the most retarded concept I could possibly imagine. I said that the attempts at humor offend me- not becuase they are dirty or anything, but because they are so damn bad it actually hurts to watch this.

Not acting before is not an excuse to be as terrible as this. Not having written before is not an excuse to write as bad as this.

I'm complaining because these are the shows that may get series on the Escapist. I'm reviewing the ones I watch, and "make something else" is the closest I could give to constructive criticism.

But, oh wait; My opinion differs from yours, so I must be a terrible person.

Hey tellmeimaninja,

Can you please post a link on here to the video you entered into the contest? I mean, with how bad all the entries are 'in your opinion' I would love to see the work that you've done that is worthy of getting a series on Escapist.

I'll wait with eager anticipation for your reply.

Sadly, I lack reccording equipment, and I'm not wasting money so I can buy something that will waste my time.

You don't have to have experience in something to have opinions about it. Ever heard of Critics?
I don't make movies, but they entertain me. Why should this follow a different set of rules.

Also, I'm sorry. I forgot that free speech is frowned upon on the internet. How dare I have my own opinion.

Oh come on now, no time for crying. No one has said that you can't have your own opinion, =

Actually you just did, when you questioned his ability to judge, based on the fact he himself did not have a short film up on the Escapist. Or wait, did you really think he had a video up on the Escapist?

So theres two paths here, either you were being ignorant, which is what Im guessing, or a complete idiot. Which would you rather be?

The fact of the matter is, you have shown nothing but by a blind fanboy rage for a show that might or might not win a video competition on an internet site. Im sorry but im all for defending what you love and what you believe in, but you have taken this to heart too quickly in my opinion for your sanity to be judged appropriately.

In conclusion, Vote on the video, dont vote on the video, fap to it, go eat a cream cheese bagle to it, do whatever you want. But dont come on a forum and be a dick about other peoples opinion.

Seriously its a simple rule, just dont be a dick.

Don't let these people get you down guys. I will say again, 99% of the people on here love you and know this will make a great series. Can't wait to see it!

It's fleshed out, it's well developed, and it's got a good premise. The new take on Jesse and James is pretty kick-ass. It's one of the few unique ideas being offered right now. There were times when I couldn't hear the dialogue and the audio was funky, but that's a technical issue that can be resolved easily. The effects were really cool too.

VOTED

Jiveturkey124:

Ok first off "Opening Statement"? Im sorry, are we on the debate team in high school? No were in a online forum, guess what buddy, its a free for all here. Its like an oldschool Hardcore wrestling match, except we wont be wearing tights and wrestling with oily men (most likely).

And all I have been hearing related to this video is "There will be Brawl", everyone seems to be simply judging the video off the success of TWBB and relating anything "Dark and Grittier than usual" to it being "Good". Please, lets judge things on what they really are, not what they "Could or Should" be.

Now before anyone goes on assuming im trolling, I didnt completely hate the video, I loved the ending with Brock telling Ash to use the pokeball, and Jesse and James, I thought both were creative and well done.

Only thing is that was just "the ending", all the filler in between, especially the convo between Ash and Brock, left me cold. I dont think either guys are bad actors, but the delivery of the lines wasnt what I would expect from an Escapist! Show.

This is the line that really did it for me:

"Theres always a f-ing problem brock, when are you going to figure that one out."

Now Im not saying im a great writer or anything or even a great actor, but I have written multiple scripts and stories, and acted them out. To me this reminded me of something I would do very early on, which was write something down and then go "O wait, how is the audience going to understand that!?" and then change it. Immediately I would realize I changed it, and now anytime I tried to say it without stuterring or just sounding generally awkward, it would be impossible.

I got that feeling with this line, Like they kinda thought

"O we better add in Brocks name, or else no one will get who it is!",

Again im not being rude, its just something Ive done before and I saw a similar thing here. And to me, in all honesty I dont see it winning the competition, to be honest I dont think any of the entries this year were as good as the winners from last year, but I will still vote.

And on that note I did vote for Pocket Monsters, because although I may not see it winning, I do think they put alot of effort into it, and with alot of work, they could actually make a damn good show out of it. I just think the projects needs a giant overall in the sound department haha.

Seriously Fixing the sound would make the whole thing a thousand times better in my opinion, and also maybe making Ash a bit more dimensional, I think the cold depressed hero has been kind of overdone, maybe give him a shot of personality, like when catching pokemon, maybe he smiles a bit, kind of like a kid getting a new toy. Just because its dark and gritty doesnt mean people cant have smiles, or personality.

I felt that you saying all others who thought this was similar to TWBB were wrong was just pompous. A one line comment on that personally, but hey we are all different, no need for an essay response.

Now, I can understand what you are saying about the voice and acting and I agree. They obviously could use work, but I felt that they weren't deal breaking. I feel as if they can be fixed or get better.

The sound and acting have been mentioned before and have gotten replies to explain them. The sound was voiced over in sections and could probably be fixed with a boom mic as explained earlier.

The only thing that confuses me is that you wanted some more Pokemon cliches and more of a Pokemon feel, but the extremely cheesy Brock name drop killed you.

looks like something to fill the void of there will be brawl

i like it, if the sound thing gets abit better and we can see sum pokemon being shot then id be quite happy :P

This video was impressive--Some great looking actors with great acting and special effects. I really, really liked this film!!!!

Jiveturkey124:

Ok first off "Opening Statement"? Im sorry, are we on the debate team in high school? No were in a online forum, guess what buddy, its a free for all here. Its like an oldschool Hardcore wrestling match, except we wont be wearing tights and wrestling with oily men (most likely).

And all I have been hearing related to this video is "There will be Brawl", everyone seems to be simply judging the video off the success of TWBB and relating anything "Dark and Grittier than usual" to it being "Good". Please, lets judge things on what they really are, not what they "Could or Should" be.

Now before anyone goes on assuming im trolling, I didnt completely hate the video, I loved the ending with Brock telling Ash to use the pokeball, and Jesse and James, I thought both were creative and well done.

Only thing is that was just "the ending", all the filler in between, especially the convo between Ash and Brock, left me cold. I dont think either guys are bad actors, but the delivery of the lines wasnt what I would expect from an Escapist! Show.

This is the line that really did it for me:

"Theres always a f-ing problem brock, when are you going to figure that one out."

Now Im not saying im a great writer or anything or even a great actor, but I have written multiple scripts and stories, and acted them out. To me this reminded me of something I would do very early on, which was write something down and then go "O wait, how is the audience going to understand that!?" and then change it. Immediately I would realize I changed it, and now anytime I tried to say it without stuterring or just sounding generally awkward, it would be impossible.

I got that feeling with this line, Like they kinda thought

"O we better add in Brocks name, or else no one will get who it is!",

Again im not being rude, its just something Ive done before and I saw a similar thing here. And to me, in all honesty I dont see it winning the competition, to be honest I dont think any of the entries this year were as good as the winners from last year, but I will still vote.

And on that note I did vote for Pocket Monsters, because although I may not see it winning, I do think they put alot of effort into it, and with alot of work, they could actually make a damn good show out of it. I just think the projects needs a giant overall in the sound department haha.

Seriously Fixing the sound would make the whole thing a thousand times better in my opinion, and also maybe making Ash a bit more dimensional, I think the cold depressed hero has been kind of overdone, maybe give him a shot of personality, like when catching pokemon, maybe he smiles a bit, kind of like a kid getting a new toy. Just because its dark and gritty doesnt mean people cant have smiles, or personality.

See i think this kind of opinion and criticism is fantastic for the guys, compared to the just play "its horrible" type of comments.

I feel they would appreciate this alot more and I understand and can see your dislikes.

tellmeimaninja:

lookingforloper:

tellmeimaninja:

lookingforloper:

tellmeimaninja:

Shockware:

tellmeimaninja:

Angrypudding:

tellmeimaninja:
Why is this winning? This is horrible...
No offense.

How?

It's not funny, it's unoriginal, and it's virtually unenjoyable. The camerawork, acting, dialogue, and miserable attepmts at humor simply offend me as a living thing...

Must I go on?

Don't ask people why they don't enjoy something; they have nothing to lose in complaining about it.

Its not exactly suppose to be a comedy from what I gather..so whether its funny to you or not doesn't seem to matter.

Nothing on here is fully original. Everything on here is inspired by something. Tell me which video is original and i'll vote for it.

Whether its unenjoyable is obviously your own opinion here cause i find it enjoyable and obviously tons others find it enjoyable.

The camera work is great, the camera quality is mediocre. Care to be more specific?

The acting, as stated by the guys behind it, have never acted before and are learning. Its something called "gaining experience". Not the little video game experience, but real life experience, by actually doing something. Which these guys are obviously trying to do...and It seems a lil off on the acting i think more due to the need to voice over cause of their lack of a boom mic.

And if you are that easily offended by little jabs at humor in a thing that isn't suppose to be humorous....well thats your own damn fault for being such a bitch and so easily offended.

Don't complain about something and not expect people to wonder why? that is unless you are complaining to just complain, in that case you are just an attention whore troll. And grats on getting reactions =D

Oh, I'm sorry. Was my opinion different from yours? I'll be sure to avoid it next time.

If you couldn't tell that this is supposed to be dark comedy, I don't know what to say. It's either that, or Pokemon War Drama, which is the most retarded concept I could possibly imagine. I said that the attempts at humor offend me- not becuase they are dirty or anything, but because they are so damn bad it actually hurts to watch this.

Not acting before is not an excuse to be as terrible as this. Not having written before is not an excuse to write as bad as this.

I'm complaining because these are the shows that may get series on the Escapist. I'm reviewing the ones I watch, and "make something else" is the closest I could give to constructive criticism.

But, oh wait; My opinion differs from yours, so I must be a terrible person.

Hey tellmeimaninja,

Can you please post a link on here to the video you entered into the contest? I mean, with how bad all the entries are 'in your opinion' I would love to see the work that you've done that is worthy of getting a series on Escapist.

I'll wait with eager anticipation for your reply.

Sadly, I lack reccording equipment, and I'm not wasting money so I can buy something that will waste my time.

You don't have to have experience in something to have opinions about it. Ever heard of Critics?
I don't make movies, but they entertain me. Why should this follow a different set of rules.

Also, I'm sorry. I forgot that free speech is frowned upon on the internet. How dare I have my own opinion.

Oh come on now, no time for crying. No one has said that you can't have your own opinion, just like none of us have stopped voicing ours. It just appears to me that you are more mad or frustrated at someone or something than trying to just 'voice your opinion.'

And indeed, everyone can play critic. But I will say the same thing to you that I do my friends or I do to the people that just decided to tare down other peoples work: If you think that it is so terrible and you would do things so much different, then get your stuff together and do it.

I almost feel like you have some sort of agenda. It's one thing to not be interested in it, but you are the only person that has said that this video is just simply awful. You don't have to like it, you don't have to vote for it, and you can most definitely tell the whole internet world these things, but when you start low blowing and attacking people that actually took the time to produce something then I think you've gone too far.

And THAT is my opinion.

The irony is you give them more publicity by adding more posts on here. So please, keep being the odd man out against this video, and you will continue to promote their entry (that is now one of the most viewed on this site) and in the end, gather them more votes.

Well, I guess I'm the only one who is willing to say that this is terrible. So, I'm allowed to have an opinion, but voicing it is against the rules? Okay then. Well, enjoy whatever disorder makes this shit watchable.

And if I have any sort of agenda, it's to find out why the hell this is the front-runner when it is easily the most horrible thing I've ever watched. So far, all I've found is that it's fanbase seems to consist of people who simply can not tolerate it when someone does not agree with them.

They don't get put ahead based on comments, they get put ahead based on votes. The kind that I'm not giving to this video.

Either they can come here themselves and respond to my complaints, or you can stop defending them, because face it: They don't give a shit about you. Just like almost all the video creators here on the Escapist (Except maybe Jon Etheridge), They simply come here, post the video, and occasionally read their comments.

And finally, the reason I'm mad is because there are so many other shows that are actually decent, and you are promoting... this. This isn't even funny for YouTube, a site where Fred was the biggest person for a while. Also, it seems that anything I say sparks belligerent people to try to effectively rip me apart for disagreeing with them. The Majoirty is always right, aren't they?

So simply stop being such a belligerent ass, and deal with the fact that I don't enjoy it.

GRR. I AM ENJOYING THIS VIDEO SO MUCH. STOP FUCKING QUOTING ME.

You are hilarious and applaud your honest opinion.

tejeti:
Pocket Monsters

A dark, live-action encounter involving the character Ash who struggles to find his lost love Misty, with the aid of his old friend Brock, they must battle the creatures known as "Pocket Monsters" and the amoral assassins Jesse and James of Team Rocket.

Watch Video

This was AWESOME. The guys who made it should be proud.

The one problem I have with this is that the actors are difficult to hear. Buy some better microphones and have the actors annunciate it will be great.

i loved it! oh my god i hope you guys win! and even if you don't you should still make the series on youtube or something i have to know what happens next!!!!

Def a well put video cuz. You have many of my votes and arkansas.

TWBB sounds like the equivalent to the ex-girlfriend that dumped them but they're still madly in love with. No matter what show replaces them, no matter how good (or not) that show is. It'll never be good as TWBB.
I'm teasing, though.
I really enjoyed this. You've had my votes from the beginning of the Film Festival. I do agree there were technical difficulties with the sound and whatnot. As much as I'd say, "Oh the acting was a little sub-par." I'm not expecting anyone to get an Oscar anytime soon. I'd like to remember that it's a pilot episode and that there are many directions this show can go it. Of all the possible films, I felt like this one really offered the most promise and the most distance. You always have SOME kind of plot with Pokemon. I commemorate you fellas for even stuffing a hook, a plot, and characterization all within five minutes. That alone is impressive. There were parts that were slow, sure, but I don't know, I'm okay with that. It needed to happen in order to really grasp what was going on.

It's predictable but not at the same time. You're obviously adding new twists to a story most/some of the viewers are familiar with. I think it was well thought out. I don't quite know if you put that much thought into it, but either way, I think you did a great job despite everything else and despite a lot of the other comments.

Awesome job!

Shit, I already voted. Can I split my vote? This one isn't the slickest, but it's the most...uh...well not original, but it's more of a TWBB than a DA, and while I like both, I've been known to put off watching DA because I don't wait so expectantly and with bated breath.

The turn out this year, just in the few I've watched, are phenomenal. Indie-Budget National Syndication level, I'm talking, which is a six ton bus compared to a peanut. Maybe two peanuts.

Awesome Job fellas. You've got my vote :P

Aw, sorry you guys didn't win overall, I was really hoping you would, but congrats on the viewer and special effects win.

pretty interesting. was it really neccesary to keep ash's old costume though? it kind of goes against the dark mood that you guys seem to be going for

Holy shit, that was amazing.
Using a generally happy theme and making it dark and twisted? An underused idea, and you used it very well.

You have my vote. I wanna see Charizard burn the fuck out of someone.

did this win?

this would have made for a much more impressive tv show...

Excellent Video! So much effort put into it and a really cool throw back to a classic!

now this is original!
the only really good thing ive seen this festival
"theyve developed a weapon"
i knew what it would be
:)

Okay, I'm confused...

Wasn't the winner of the viewers choice supposed to get their series on the escapist? Or was the viewer voting just pointless bullshit? I don't get the point of a voting system if there's no overall impact on who wins the contest.

Woem:
This is indeed impressive. Won't there be any legal issues with a Pokemon copyright infringement though?

I'm no lawyer but from my understanding...

Yeah, I have a feeling that this would make the series lose. And it wouldn't be just copyright, but trademark too. Considering that the Escapist would be making money of the videos (via advertising), Nintendo might not like this and the Escapist might be able to provide the show. If they were able, Nintendo would probably demand royalties and request to have a large say in how the show goes. Plus, the Escapist might have to work out something with the other two trademark holders of Pokemon (Game Freak and Monsters) about the show.

In the end, the questionable legality of the elements used in the show would make it unprofitable (however, if there was some sort of resolution, then I don't see how it could not be).

And if you ask about TWBB and how it could work with the direct use of characters and what not, I can tell you that I'm not entirely sure how TWBB works legally. But as for Doomsday Arcade, I think it pretty much falls under parody clauses, so it's okay.

Just in case anyone was interested....
Here's the second episode that was never aired due to contract issues with the site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-SZUanVtfs

Certainly wish we could have continued the series...and definitely would if we had the funding.

Enjoy.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or