Preview: Global Agenda

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Preview: Global Agenda

If TF2, WoW and Planetside had a baby and gave it a jetpack, it'd be Global Agenda. Sort of.

Read Full Article

God how that looks mediocre.

heh jetpacks makes me think bout the tribes series..
anyway it looks okay...

BORDERLANDS FLASHBACK NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I NEED TO PLAY!
Really, this is what Borderlands should have been from the start, more of an MMO. It was calling out loud for that, and the sequel should have this feature, else they're not making the most out of an incredibly well structured game

Byers:

It actually grew a lot on me as I played and got used to the character and how the game felt - the high end PvE content wasn't SUPER, but it was a lot more interesting than the dull stuff at the beginning.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for jetpacks.

Hmm, looks not very graphic intensive, making it accessible to more of the PC market, and it looks like it is pretty fun. It is good to see more 3rd person shooters being developed, they are often left in the dust in search of massive profits from Halo and CoD ripoffs.

CantFaketheFunk:

Byers:

It actually grew a lot on me as I played and got used to the character and how the game felt - the high end PvE content wasn't SUPER, but it was a lot more interesting than the dull stuff at the beginning.

A shame they didn't have the 'MMO' part of the game up for examination; I'd be interested to see if they actually manage to make it feel like an massive world or whether its just an FPS with a meta game on top (see "End War" for the RTS with meta game on top).

Jetpacks + Guns = Pure Awesomeness

Jetpacks are indeed awesome...when they are part of the Tribes series. So far, I haven't been impressed with jetpack implementation in games (Global Agenda, Section 8)

Once again, John shows us that every game must be exactly like Bejeweled Twist in order to be any good. Oh my.

chessmasterhex:
Once again, John shows us that every game must be exactly like Bejeweled Twist in order to be any good. Oh my.

Yes. Exactly like Bejeweled Twist. I'm not going to even consider playing Global Agenda until they add a color matching minigame in the middle of combat that involves me rotating little gems around in order to defeat my opponents.

chessmasterhex:

What the what?

Looks okaish i guess. It looks like its just smashing TF2 with futuristic elements. Not a buy for me.
Also, i lol'd near the end because the game's anouncer sounds like the voice from a HEV Suit.

CantFaketheFunk:

chessmasterhex:

Yes. Exactly like Bejeweled Twist. I'm not going to even consider playing Global Agenda until they add a color matching minigame in the middle of combat that involves me rotating little gems around in order to defeat my opponents.

Now THAT'S an idea for a game.

If something is given a jetpack, then its a Tribes reference.
I mean, Tribes (IIRC) started the whole deal with jetpacks, and deployables turrets and stuff like that. Even included vehicles.

But with what i saw of GA, tribes still does it better.

That looks pretty badass, especially if the normal game is just free to play. If the PvE ends up not sucking I wouldn't mind buying it.

Yeah... my first thought has been ninja'd several times, but this game reminds me of Tribes. Which, if memory serves me right (though I can't quote where the memory originates), had a rumor about an additional Tribes game being developed by individuals. Tribes was pretty much my childhood. Something so comforting in the sound of a disc launcher.

CantFaketheFunk:

Byers:

I actually got invited into this to play the Alpha testing of the game, so it wasn't any of this pvp death match thing you had goin.
I got story and the works, it's an interesting game tbh. Much better than what it looks like.

I'm honestly not into the Shooter scene, besides Mass Effect and L4D I've never really even bothered to play a shooter...

But this has got me interested...

This game doesn't remind me of WoW + TF2, it's more of Tribes + WoW - flying to kill. I grew up playing Tribes and T2. Flying around killing people was the most fun you could have in the game it's what made that game so popular in my opinion. Why can't GA let you fly and shoot disc guns... err, I mean any guns =P

I am still on the fence about buying it when it's released. I'll probably let a month go buy and then check it out. I bought into Warhammer Online when it launched and we all know how that went. I hope it's awesome though!

So it's Team Fortress 2 with a jetpack, space marines, and no humor (I'm guessing).

...no thanks.

To infinity...and beyond!

Artemus_Cain:
So it's Team Fortress 2 with a jetpack, space marines, and no humor (I'm guessing).

...no thanks.

No humour? I beg to differ:

These devs are cool I say.

Anyway, I've been following this game for a while now, it looks incredibly fun and really quite original. Yes it incorporates elements from quite a number of games, but be honest; almost anything we're seeing nowadays have we seen before in one way or another in a previous game. I have high hopes for this game.

And well, of course, jetpacks. Can't argue with that.

chessmasterhex:

CantFaketheFunk:

chessmasterhex:

Now THAT'S an idea for a game.

puzzle pirates =]

AquaAscension:
Yeah... my first thought has been ninja'd several times, but this game reminds me of Tribes. Which, if memory serves me right (though I can't quote where the memory originates), had a rumor about an additional Tribes game being developed by individuals. Tribes was pretty much my childhood. Something so comforting in the sound of a disc launcher.

Indeed, Tribes 2 is still one of the best mp games ever for me. It's shame that the latest game in the series didn't really became that good. Tribes would really do well in todays graphic.

The whole time I read that article I was sitting there thinking how the hell can you not mention Tribes. Seriously though, awesome game is awesome, or so my sources say.

It screams Section 8. Jet packs and not too distant future.

OT: I was dissapointed by Section 8, a game like this, so I might. But this promises much more

Why is this game third person only? That kind of sucks. Anyhoo, Its too bad. A good Tribes mod on it might be pretty good. Actually can we just get a modern successor to Tribes. That was THE ultimate jetpack oriented team based class game. If you think using jetpacks in games like this or others is exciting, you've never known the thrill of a fast paced skirmish chase jetting and skiing in Tribes. None of the new games compare. Even with all the goodies and gimmicks.

Very fun game if you played tribes you will like this been in beta for a bit now and i am in one of the top beta clans also the devs are very cool

Check out http://www.cyberneticpunks.com/ for a good GA community

In Tribes (Tribes 2 especially) there was tons of stuff going on and having first person never hurt the experience at all. Same with Planetside. It has promise but it should have had the ability to switch between first and third. Part of what makes games like these great are that you are immersed in the battle, the environment around you. Thats better felt in first person. Third person immediately gives it a more console type of feel.

If ye all like tribes so much, go back and play it online again and see how good it is. It really really doesnt hold up online anymore. This looks more playable. (Although I usually dont like games where you are a bullet sponge.)

Are they handing out Beta Keys or is it only for those who pre-order?

Yes yes, but will there be hats?

This game is meh I have been playing this game since alpha and I'll tell you this when the idea of the game was there it was a great idea but this game is no different than playing MW2 with a monthly fee save your money this game is a big disappointment and if the damn loader would ever load the video I would watch the preview lol

looks really fun to play,
BUT subscribtion based comeon!
i can get tf2 for 20 bucks
why should i MONTHLY for basicly the same

Subscription is not neccesary? And there's jetpacks? I think i'm gonna buy it - or at least download the trial version.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here