Preview: Global Agenda

Pages PREV 1 2

Kollega:
Subscription is not neccesary? And there's jetpacks? I think i'm gonna buy it - or at least download the trial version.

Yeah but if you don't pay the subscription you miss all the agency vs. agency gameplay. I think they just stick you in the PvE and some deathmatches or did I read that wrong on their site?

I'm in closed beta, and I can tell you this, this game is a helluva lot of fun. The idea is like tf2 but it is nowhere near as plain and simple as tf2. let me tell you there are a lot of features in this game that are going to blow hardcore gaming out of the water..cant wait till its release this video doesnt even show you some of the cooler things in the game which i cant talk about because its still in closed beta..anyways, yea, love this game..and yea if you dont subscribe you still get access to pub matches but if you want to compete with your agency(clan) youll need to subscribe.

escapefish:
looks really fun to play,
BUT subscribtion based comeon!
i can get tf2 for 20 bucks
why should i MONTHLY for basicly the same

The subscription is only necessary for the massive Agency vs Agency PvP MMO part of the game- everything else is a one-time purchase.

Guys, I can tell you first-hand, this game is badass. I've been to HiRez's studio, I've met Chaz and some of the other guys there, and they are absolutely awesome.

The game is amazing. The classes all compliment/detriment each other really really well and no one class is hands-down better than any other. It all relies on skill, 110%. There's a lot of pretty neat customization, too, from color schemes on your armor and whatnot. I'm definitely buying this when it comes out and I think anyone that's a shooter fan should too.

I was on his team loads of time "Benmue" along with my clan and alliance CP and IF lol

Sneaklemming:
If ye all like tribes so much, go back and play it online again and see how good it is. It really really doesnt hold up online anymore. This looks more playable. (Although I usually dont like games where you are a bullet sponge.)

Are they handing out Beta Keys or is it only for those who pre-order?

I beg to differ on that. Tribes 1 has aged, and perhaps it struggles, however Tribes 2 more than holds up to current team based MPFPS. Perhaps not with the graphical sheen of more recent titles, but then again, graphics are not the be all and end all.

I still play Tribes 2 with a group of lads I played with back when I was a lad, and believe me, no game since has given me the rush I get from smashing through the opposing side's base, grabbing the flag, and the the subsequent cat and mouse sprint to capture it. Or the satisfaction of nailing a 300m+ MA kill with a disc launcher. Nothing to this day has given me the same satisfaction, and I enjoy the game all the more in full detail, full screen, 16xFSAA, 1920x1200 than I did playing it @ 1024x768 at moderate levels when it was released.

Tribes 2 set the benchmark for team based multiplayer FPS all those years ago, and I've yet to see a game completely meet that benchmark. CTF has never been matched in over a decade.

As good as GA looks, even with the inclusive jetpacks, it won't be good enough without large maps, and skiing (admittedly this was originally a bug exploited by so many, that rather being patched, was intergrated into the game as well as becoming canon to the game universe - which to me is a very progressive form of game development). What's the point of soaring up to reign death from above, when you're simply going to be stuck running at a snails pace?

Putting it plainly, I'm still anxiously awaiting an MPFPS that has the crack-like rush and addictiveness that Tribes seduced me with when I was younger. even though games have progressed leaps and bounds in narrative, atmosphere and graphical polish, at the core many are about as innovative as the latest and greatest door handle. Evolution is the preference of all developers currently, because a revolution isn't financially viable in terms of profits.

elucid:

Sneaklemming:
If ye all like tribes so much, go back and play it online again and see how good it is. It really really doesnt hold up online anymore. This looks more playable. (Although I usually dont like games where you are a bullet sponge.)

Are they handing out Beta Keys or is it only for those who pre-order?

I beg to differ on that. Tribes 1 has aged, and perhaps it struggles, however Tribes 2 more than holds up to current team based MPFPS. Perhaps not with the graphical sheen of more recent titles, but then again, graphics are not the be all and end all.

I still play Tribes 2 with a group of lads I played with back when I was a lad, and believe me, no game since has given me the rush I get from smashing through the opposing side's base, grabbing the flag, and the the subsequent cat and mouse sprint to capture it. Or the satisfaction of nailing a 300m+ MA kill with a disc launcher. Nothing to this day has given me the same satisfaction, and I enjoy the game all the more in full detail, full screen, 16xFSAA, 1920x1200 than I did playing it @ 1024x768 at moderate levels when it was released.

Tribes 2 set the benchmark for team based multiplayer FPS all those years ago, and I've yet to see a game completely meet that benchmark. CTF has never been matched in over a decade.

As good as GA looks, even with the inclusive jetpacks, it won't be good enough without large maps, and skiing (admittedly this was originally a bug exploited by so many, that rather being patched, was intergrated into the game as well as becoming canon to the game universe - which to me is a very progressive form of game development). What's the point of soaring up to reign death from above, when you're simply going to be stuck running at a snails pace?

Putting it plainly, I'm still anxiously awaiting an MPFPS that has the crack-like rush and addictiveness that Tribes seduced me with when I was younger. even though games have progressed leaps and bounds in narrative, atmosphere and graphical polish, at the core many are about as innovative as the latest and greatest door handle. Evolution is the preference of all developers currently, because a revolution isn't financially viable in terms of profits.

I havn't played Global Agenda so I guess I'll take your points on board. I played tribes next recently, and honestly the only times I get any fun is on the server which is modded to have a bajillion new weapons n some new vehicles.

I like the openness of tribes, but it really takes too much to down someone in that game. I enjoy UT2k4 a little more; esp. on the (again) modded servers with all the custom Onslaught maps. Oh man the tank battle maps are truly epic.

WOW, TF2 and Planetside all get a mention, but no love for Tribes? That game is the origin of jetpacks in shooters. and i pray to god they bring this out with a first person option, because an FPS MMO is the only kind id ever actually play.

escapefish:
looks really fun to play,
BUT subscribtion based comeon!
i can get tf2 for 20 bucks
why should i MONTHLY for basicly the same

did you just read the tagline in your RSS feed then respond, perchance? because if youd actually read the article and watched the video supllement, youd already know that this really wont play like TF at all....
EDIT: I'll admit that it is a class based shooter, (which means I'll probably hate it) and the classes arent very original. but... jetpacks?

Where's the pryo? Or the demoman? Or the soldier?
If they want to make it into a TF2 ripoff, they might as well go all the way.

Just another online game that i'll probably forget that it even exists when it comes out.

so shinier battlefield heroes with a engineer class, and pve? huh

John Funk:

Byers:
God how that looks mediocre.

It actually grew a lot on me as I played and got used to the character and how the game felt - the high end PvE content wasn't SUPER, but it was a lot more interesting than the dull stuff at the beginning.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for jetpacks.

Who ISN'T, John? :D

Truely TERRIBLE lobby game!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook