There Will Be Brawl: There Will Be Brawl: On Set

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

lurkers, lovers and escapists,
this just in, there will be brawl episode 10 was being sent to the escapist magazine a little after 8,
so ya'll know what that means, expect it sometime soon

Two questions.
Where are you getting that info?
What do you mean by 8? Time zones and such are important when dealing with a worldwide community :)

WarpZone:
Ugh. Using the 1337 haxxor technique of reading the friggin' post, I was able to determine that the evil Escapist editor who tricked us all by telling us it was gonna be the 18th, was none other than... Matthew Mercer.

So apparently this wasn't some coup by the publisher to push the date up, it was just Matt biting off more than he could chew. Poor bastard. I think we've all been there. I feel like a royal douche now.

Apologies to The Escapist and all its staff. And Matt. Dear god, Matt. Get well soon, man. Feel better.

I am pretty sure all of the videos are 'posted' by the creators. I doubt very much they make the actual post however. Plus if he is told a date he had to conform to, he would put it up on the upload regaurdless of if its realistic or not.

This was an amazing series, I'm glad though to see it end with a definite ending unlike so many other shows, who end up becoming ridiculous.

Matt get well, Christian and Jordan, get some well deserved rest.

nyx15:
this just in, there will be brawl episode 10 was being sent to the escapist magazine a little after 8,

Ummm, no. http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/ep-10-disc-thread-final-episode-is-on-it-s-way-editing-team-we-love-you-guys-but-don-t-hurt-yourselves-t372-1050.htm#38954

Or, to quote:

The guy who plays Marth in TWBB:

Just spoke with Matt. There was a problem with the credits screen after exporting. He went in and changed some stuff and is now re-exporting. The episode is done, but Matt has gone home to gain some much deserved rest. When Jordan comes home from work he will double check the episode, but if the credits portion is still screwed, Jordan will be uploading it tonight anyway.

This unfortunately means no episode tonight. You can all get some sleep yourselves. Technically the Escapist's offices are closed tomorrow, but we have emailed them and told them the episode will be on their FTP tonight and that they are more than welcome to remotely upload it to their fine pages of web for a tomorrow release. It truely is out of our hands from this point foward.

Formica Archonis:

nyx15:

Ummm, no. http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/ep-10-disc-thread-final-episode-is-on-it-s-way-editing-team-we-love-you-guys-but-don-t-hurt-yourselves-t372-1050.htm#38954

Or, to quote:

The guy who plays Marth in TWBB:

Just spoke with Matt. There was a problem with the credits screen after exporting. He went in and changed some stuff and is now re-exporting. The episode is done, but Matt has gone home to gain some much deserved rest. When Jordan comes home from work he will double check the episode, but if the credits portion is still screwed, Jordan will be uploading it tonight anyway.

This unfortunately means no episode tonight. You can all get some sleep yourselves. Technically the Escapist's offices are closed tomorrow, but we have emailed them and told them the episode will be on their FTP tonight and that they are more than welcome to remotely upload it to their fine pages of web for a tomorrow release. It truely is out of our hands from this point foward.

I don't think it was ever in our hands. Just now it's up to The Escapist to be awesome (hopefully)

mudshovel:

I am pretty sure all of the videos are 'posted' by the creators. I doubt very much they make the actual post however. Plus if he is told a date he had to conform to, he would put it up on the upload regaurdless of if its realistic or not.

My bad. An anonymous muckraker just called my attention to this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/6907-There-Will-Be-Brawl-The-Story-So-Far

Looks like one Greg Tito originally declared the Dec. 18th date to the public.

So it was definitely someone at The Escapist who made the call and set the unrealistic deadline.

(Insert humorous photoshop of Greg Tito's head pasted onto a screenshot of Link delivering the killing blow to Gannondorf.)

You pulled the series together so well from beginning to end... A true work of art! Do please keep this updated!!! Can not wait for the last episode. I can not even put into words how I feel about this series. Truly spectacular though, I can say that much.

I seriously be needing my fix of TWBB.

According to the crew the fixed/finished/blah'd episode has been sent in and should have been put up today...

...would really suck if we had to wait a blasted month for this thing.

argh it must come out

Kinda sad, waited til 2 AM central for 10 to come and... no midnight release. This was worse than canceling the midnight show of Sherlock Holmes

Guys, it's like waiting for the postal system. They can't update the site if there's nobody in the office. Just chill.

WarpZone:
Guys, it's like waiting for the postal system. They can't update the site if there's nobody in the office. Just chill.

Except that they already posted Moviebob's latest review.

There is no excuse, no excuse for this delay. First they set up an unrealistic deadline for the final episode, resorting in the editing team of Brawl almost killing themselves. And when it finally is ready, The Escapist refuses to post it. It's like they are deliberately screwing with us.

The Escapist editors, listen. We want TWBB and we want it now. This delay is pointless and stupid.

well i must say Becky your one of the main reasons why I kept watching the series :D. you are so damn sexy and fit Samus perfectly.

Okay, so it's the day after christmas... where is the final episode? It was supposed to be here on the 18th. I've been getting the DT's waiting for it. I'm shaking and everything... I NEED MY FIX

People need to calm the feck down. It's a free web series, they don't owe us anything. They could have just cut it off midway through and they would have every right to. People have very clearly made their point--they want to see the episode. Maybe we should save this thread for theorizing about the finale or any new updates regarding the posting of the show instead of whining.

So Bowser was talking about pitch black demons older than the Mario universe itself (naturally I assumed it was Game&Watch), and then a bunch of Game&Watches show up. Does this mean that GW is behind the murders or just another pawn?

Well like I said on the Brawl fourms, I think the killer is either Samus or Peach.

zimpirate:
Well like I said on the Brawl fourms, I think the killer is either Samus or Peach.

Care to elaborate? I can see Samus because of the whole Dedede situation, but there hasn't been any evidence toward Peach (which might be the biggest clue of all)

I have to admit, I haven't been this far on the edge of my seat since I waited to see how the poor crew of the SDF-1 were going to make out against those damn Zentradi.

Great work, everyone! Have a Happy Holiday! I'm looking forward to the epic conclusion and have loads of questions for the cast and crew, once it's all done and the dust settles!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go pen my own video game adaptation...

I think the killer Zelda/Sheik. I'm convinced it's all a plot to put herself on the throne and remove Peach entirely. Once Link started to question her, what did she do? (attempted) assassination. Besides, Sheik is a ninja. She can work quickly and quietly without any detection. Besides, being on the police force is the best way to work and kill without any suspicion.

I think the Butcher will be Miyamoto himself. He butchers the franchises through over-use of them until nothing is left but their proverbial entrails.

zeldakong64:

zimpirate:

Care to elaborate? I can see Samus because of the whole Dedede situation, but there hasn't been any evidence toward Peach (which might be the biggest clue of all)

Well you wouldn't think of Peach being the killer, because she acts all nice and stuff.

zimpirate:

Well you wouldn't think of Peach being the killer, because she acts all nice and stuff.

But if she was the killer why did she went to Kirby to get help solving the mystery?

Redem:

zimpirate:

But if she was the killer why did she went to Kirby to get help solving the mystery?

That's why I think It's Zelda.

Redem:

zimpirate:

To throw you off.

zimpirate:

Redem:

zimpirate:

To throw you off.

It seems to me that it would only be to throw off the viewer. I don't see how it would make ANY sense in the story.

Che Marlee:
I think the Butcher will be Miyamoto himself. He butchers the franchises through over-use of them until nothing is left but their proverbial entrails.

Hate to say it, but that sounds about right. xD

Monday passes, and no Brawl.

Fail.

JaredXE:

Fail.

Monday isn't over yet... it's, what, 2PM on the east coast right now?

UltimatheChosen:

JaredXE:

Fail.

Monday isn't over yet... it's, what, 2PM on the east coast right now?

It's 1PM. Time zones are crazy. Besides, the average time that an episodes are put on (at least for Brawl) is 5PM. I want to quote Jafar, but your name isn't Iago (is it?), so that wouldn't really work, so I'll just say that patience is key in this situation.

So...Escapist. Don't you have...something to post, y'know?

It's kind of a big deal. I guess you couldn't post it last Friday because you didn't have anyone at the office. (Somehow didn't stop you from posting the newest Escape to the Movies, though)
And...I guess there are people in your evil headquarters today. You could post it today.

Also, you could be a dick and not post it. Your choice.

Mr. Shoggoth:
So...Escapist. Don't you have...something to post, y'know?

It's kind of a big deal. I guess you couldn't post it last Friday because you didn't have anyone at the office. (Somehow didn't stop you from posting the newest Escape to the Movies, though)
And...I guess there are people in your evil headquarters today. You could post it today.

Also, you could be a dick and not post it. Your choice.

The Escapist has no idea what you're talking about, clearly.

Che Marlee:

Haha, I would actually enjoy that ending. If that were to happen, it would be because he's sick of making the same series over and over again and wants to do something else. It would kind of be a total Dues Ex Machina though, which would annoy me.

*sigh*

Dear Escapist:

POST THE F***ING EPISODE!

We know you have it. It was posted that it was sent to you. You've obviously had time to post it. You've posted a new Unskippable.

It's been OVER a week since you guys were supposed to post it. It had some reasonable delays. We understand that. There's no excuse for this. Now it's just annoying ....

Thank you ...

PS. POST THE F***ING EPISODE!!!!!!!

I'll give you 5 bucks if you post it today via paypal.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here