Rebecca Mayes Muses: Modern Warfare 2

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Modern Warfare 2

Rebecca Mayes looks at Modern Warfare 2 through night vision goggles.

Watch Video

A wonderfully soothing song about a hardcore game that's full of violence and warfare. It's a pleasure to see you take on some heavier titles this way.

Once again: I didn't expect it to have such a calm melody, just a guitar and a lovely voice. Both of my thumbs are up. Loved it!

I liked it, but there's still no rocky chorus to shake up the listeners.
p.s you needed drums in this song too

pretty good song
(kinda agree though.. you need some drums)

I really liked it, dont think you needed any drums, I think drums would have been pointless.
This was more of a real song and I loved it :D

I think this is your best song yet Rebecca (although I appear to think that with each new episode, but that is a good thing in itself). Very touching. I usually think that the song is too short to have a repeated chorus but in this version the video made up for it on your second go. I would like to ask you to try a song without a chorus just once though, to see what the effect is.

Ahhh, Rebecca Mayes, my day just brightened up a bit.

I remember fighting for my life to get it, bloody qeuing

This wasn't a song about MW2 as much as it was a song about life...

calm and yet bold and empowering.

wow this was great. make an album very soon.

Really enjoyable as always, but I was hoping that all the rhetorical questions were building up to an answer. Sure, they'd no longer be rhetorical, but I found the ending a little anticlimactic without it.

Was that outfit a uniform from the Galactic Empire?

Another great review, Rebecca.

Lovely song... but I feel like I want to slit my wrists after listening to it :(

Absolutely tremendous song. Cheered me up immensely.

snotvomit:
Another great review, Rebecca.

Lovely song... but I feel like I want to slit my wrists after listening to it :(

That's... interesting. Please don't say anything like that again.

Seemed less review-ey than recent ones, but whatever, I still liked it.
I think this one goes straight in my top five.

Beautiful voice! Loved the video, very touching.

Great video, and song. Very touching and a homage to many things, not just the game.
Thanks!

while it is a good song. it sounds like most of her other songs but with different lyrics. I guess having to throw a new song out every week will have that affect but it would be cool to have them sounding not as similar as the rest

Sanctus Hospes:
Was that outfit a uniform from the Galactic Empire?

There were many countries using military uniforms long before George Lucas was ever born, y'know. The "galactic empire" ripped their hats off from the very real Imperial Navy of Nippon.

A beautiful song with haunting lyrics in sharp contrast to the visceral action of the game.

Rebecca is an indisputable mistress of her craft.

Nice,peaceful and most of all entertaining.

Take out the submarine, weapons and helicopters bit... and frankly you have a song not even relative to gaming any more. An absolutely amazing song... you just went and depressed me again. But it was worth it.

BlueInkAlchemist:
A beautiful song with haunting lyrics in sharp contrast to the visceral action of the game.

Melissa is an indisputable mistress of her craft.

Melissa? I think you mean Rebecca. The weekend is definitely kicking in for some people, or so it seems.

Joa_Belgium:
- snip -

Thank you. Post has been edited. Damn, but my brain's disengaged today.

BlueInkAlchemist:

Joa_Belgium:
- snip -

Don't worry. I just watched a friend play Dragon's Age: Origins for five hours straight and we didn't even encounter a rideable dragon. Just before we decided to stop playing, one rubbish minuscule dragon popped up in the game as an enemy and it wasn't even big enough to prepare it for dinner. Let alone use it.

I'm still trying to grasp the fact that a game with the words "Dragon's Age" in the title hasn't even got a world that revolves around dragons.

That being said, I'll remain on topic now.

You have an amazing voice, and the videos just keep getting better. Very soothing song.

This was nice; peaceful.

Nice soothing song, like how you are basically calling out all the overhyped gamers who bought this game and questions whether it is trly everything they hoped for ?

Joa_Belgium:

BlueInkAlchemist:

Joa_Belgium:
- snip -

Don't worry. I just watched a friend play Dragon's Age: Origins for five hours straight and we didn't even encounter a rideable dragon. Just before we decided to stop playing, one rubbish minuscule dragon popped up in the game as an enemy and it wasn't even big enough to prepare it for dinner. Let alone use it.

I'm still trying to grasp the fact that a game with the words "Dragon's Age" in the title hasn't even got a world that revolves around dragons.

That being said, I'll remain on topic now.

They did mention something about how most Dragons were driven to extinction by hunters. The time line during which the story takes place is the "Age of the Dragon", or "Dragon Age".

I thought that song was really good. Nice and soothing.

I saw the title of the latest song and I knew this was going to be legend.

I was right. Just one voice, one guitar, and one song that could easily be detached from the game in question without the tiniest dip in quality or relevance.

Loved the song Rebecca. Thanks!

Very well done. A little deeper sentiment than in previous songs and I loved it. Enchore, Rebecca.

wow, amazing, truly amazing. in this song we heard almost only Rebbacas voice which is nice because it's a beautyfall voice.

about not touching the weapons in the modern warfare games... yeah...well when i turn eighteen i (like any other person in my country) would be bussy touching those weapons... a lot, in order to... not die (if you get what i'm saying)

i'm saying this because i understood from the song that you are saying that instead of playing games about wars people that want to see war shoud actually do something, so i'm saying that some people have no choice aboutserving in the army or not.

maybe i misunderstood what Rebbaca was trying to say, if that is indeed the case, please let me know.

Am i the only one that think all her songs sound the same. It's so god damn boring!

Don't get me wrong, i truly admire Rebeccas talent and the sound of her voice. I just feel that the music haven't changed much from the first video.

Thanks for the music, Rebecca. I enjoyed it!

WRT the open question will we talk about this game for years to come - I don't know, but I doubt it. I found it very pretty, occasionally frustrating, but there's nothing at its core that really grabs me. Not like, say, Bioshock where the visual aesthetic (I'm a Deco freak) captured me, or Dead Rising where the situation and story sucked me in, or even the first Modern Warfare where the Bravo Two Zero vibe caught my imagination. It was slick, but without a heart.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here