Unskippable: Dragon Age: Origins

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Putting a Bioware cutscene on a show that features bad cutscenes. It's edgy...and I like it!

You want to know something funny?
I just bought the game today and was about to install it after going to the Escapist.

"The dwarven kingdoms were the first to fall... because they were the closest to the ground."

fffffff

my inner dwarf-hating WoW addict chortled at that line.

haha loved it.
do the other origins have cutscenes or is it only human noble?

miquelfire:
I found the monster mash line a little too forced.

Especially considering the guy was voiced by Tim Curry. I'm surprised you didn't go for the Rocky Horror Picture Show jokes.

Donrad:
haha loved it.
do the other origins have cutscenes or is it only human noble?

Yeah, every origin has it's own story that you play through. All end in you joining the grey wardens obviously.

I think they need some more time spent on these pieces, this one made me chuckle once, no more. I really love the series, but the episodes are getting less and less funny I think. I'll always keep watching though, I've always been a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and I think when they started out they were about on par with it. Perhaps it's time to maybe mix up the formula again like they did with MGS, which was awesome. But still always a fan.

pretty funny throwing tomatos

this one was too funny all around for me to pick out any one moment as the best for a quote, but i just have to say that in the beginning, when they said they destroyed heaven and the guys just went "You dicks! We only had ONE!" that was the beginning of my rolls of laughter XD. Funniest Unskippable to date IMO!

Hilarious as always.
I also like how the tags for it are also a little bonus joke. "stabbing, swords" who would ever use those words to search for videos? LOVE IT!

Thta was one of the best however not the.

"you dumbass! we only had one!"
and
"Their building a Walmart"
some funny stuff right there gd episode keep on making them :)

duchaked:
hahaha loved the Clone Wars reference/joke =]

ditto

that was reaaaaally good in my oppinion..

good comments, yet not covering all the conversation.. it's as much about timing as about quality..

P.S: the funny faced dude reminded me of Tony Blair for some reason..

Hilarious. Not your best, but still great. I too loved the monster generator line.

I was a bit surprised not to see any of the generic "lol wut bad cutscene I will never buy this game!!" comments. Maybe a too well known title for that, but there are lots of other well recieved games featured on Unskippable that has had those kinds of comments, probably because the intro movie is the only thing the commenters knows about those games.

SuperMse:
Putting a Bioware cutscene on a show that features bad cutscenes. It's edgy...and I like it!

As a BioWare fanboy, I take offense to that, and hope these two will make amends for this crime. HANG THEM ... after they spend another run or two, maybe three, ok, let's make it 10 run of DA:O, as in, complete the game TEN TIMES without food or drinks. Oh, and ... CURSE THEE.

ps. I still love those two Canadians. ;)

wonder if they'll do the other openings as well ...

Finally a unskippable movie for a game I've played. Not all that funny though.

Once again, underrepresented does not need a space.

The closest to Mystery Science Theater 3000's masterful style yet.

another good one. dragonage i mean dragon age is kinda hard since the last part, when they start saying "you" for those who haven't played, changes depending on which race you choose.

i am dissappointed there wasn't a billy mayes joke around the time of the walmart joke.

It's really remarkable how lame this intro is. Must have been a last minute effort. Compare it to the atmospheric intro of Baldur's Gate 2. And this time they simply animated a random scene from the LotR-movies in their own engine. A real shame.

Ehh... I highly doubt I'll ever play this game, scary peacocks or not.

I have to say this has been the only one that has got me laughing since the last final fantasy one

miquelfire:

Nah, I thought it was perfect.

"...a dwarven low pressure system, but I guess that's redundant..."

I am hereby declaring this my favorite unskippable joke ever.

Like that means anything. But you know, yay.

Best quip IMO:
"The dwarven kingdoms fell first"
"...because they were closest to the ground."

Ahh, human noble origin story. I was wondering how you which one you would do. And...was that a Gauntlet reference, about Generators? Funderful, as always. Well done.

"You Dumbasses. We only had one!"

That's pretty much what I thought when I heard that. I did wish that if they were going to go into the origin stories, they would have done all of them, instead of just Human Noble. But, besides that, it was a great episode.

Also, it's funny that there was a random bard joke in there, since I've been playing A Bards Tale lately.

Hey, you should have shown all cutscenes for all races! How about doing a mini-series like you guys did with MGS4?

"because they were the closest to the ground"
BWAHAHAHAHAHA DWARVES ARE SHORT!!!!111eleven

All the dwarf jokes made me giggle.
I'm glad I was waiting to watch this, as the bitterly short Zero Punctuation left me needing a little more funny before bedtime.

Thanks for filling the laughter gap, Graham and Paul. Looking forward to next week!

Love the game. Had a feeeling that it'd end up on Unskippable.

miquelfire:

Perhaps that line was playing those rape sims from Japan. I hear playing those games makes you a rapist.

In other news the Walmart joke made me laugh.

I just find it odd how calm NPC's are while talking to each other bathed in blood.

"So how are you doing?"
"I'm doing fine. Just having some tea."
"Oh yes. I'd quite like some tea."
"Is that 12 gallons of blood on you?"
"Oh yes I killed a darkspawn 12 hours ago."

ntnimara:
that was reaaaaally good in my oppinion..

good comments, yet not covering all the conversation.. it's as much about timing as about quality..

P.S: the funny faced dude reminded me of Tony Blair for some reason..

He reminded me of George Bush :) I was really expecting to hear a joke about that.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here