The Escapist Presents: Holiday Survival Guide

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Holiday Survival Guide

The Escapist helps you get through your holiday party by adding a dash of gaming to it.

Watch Video

Christmas: The RPG huh, nice episode :) Since we're inviting guests to our own house I'll try to counter-act each and every of these moves! I wonder if this makes me the arch-enemy or the DM. Hmmm...

Definately want that Diablo 3 chant :P. BTW, loved the Star Trek pin he was wearing the whole time!

Apparently I'm a pro in the Clean-up mission.

heh this made my chuckle

can suck at the "arrival" level can someone help me out with that one?

Bacon Cookies. "starts drooling".

Armored Prayer:
Apparently I'm a pro in the Clean-up mission.

Ditto here...all that stealth training really gave big bonuses!!!

haha if you get caught you will be walking at zombie speed for the next 5 minutes... i hate when that happens!

loved the intro.. oh hey didnt see you there!

Wow I gotta say that was a video I didn't expect to see.

This was a pretty awesome episode... I loved the adding bacon to everything bit and also the avoiding infected to get cookies. It was bloody brilliant.

Although that bit about Big Daddying your Little Sister sounded a bit...... dirty..

Woohoo! I'm in ALL the food!

Love the credits. So damn cheesy :)

Great vid, thanks for making that. I need to buy some more bacon if I'm ever levelling up to 13.

nice video

the instructions can't help me bacuse i'm jewish but this video was great and funny anyway

Well with my family I'm pretty much playing it on easy mode so i think i'm relatively safe. I have to watch out for my level 80 grandparents though, they could cause trouble.

So what am I going to do with this P90 I have? Thought there would be a run and gun section in there...

Where are the "kills"?

This is an good and creative video I must say. I wonder if we still going to get the Escapist Show back on track or this is official?

That was good! Enjoyed it!

Monshroud:
This was a pretty awesome episode... I loved the adding bacon to everything bit and also the avoiding infected to get cookies. It was bloody brilliant.

Although that bit about Big Daddying your Little Sister sounded a bit...... dirty..

The zombie level sounds awesome. However I'll be playing in versus mode, so I'll be infecting as many people as possible and deliberately blocking the cookies, so sue me.

Yes, that Bio-Shock reference sounded creepy to me too.

dalek sec:
So what am I going to do with this P90 I have? Thought there would be a run and gun section in there...

Clean-up has an optional side mission for that.

Ok, that was absolutely hysterical. Well done, everyone!

Hahaha, some useful information. ;) Thanks for a nice video!

Is it at all problematic that I am thinking about doing this... and keeping score?

Man, I usually do not really enjoy these videos, but this one was great!

Susan Arendt:
Ok, that was absolutely hysterical. Well done, everyone!

i agree! i kept laughing the whole way through

I like it. I remember using some of these tactics when I was a kid. Now I just don't go to parties.

here's what i do for my 5 holiday survival rules

1 preparation:
have hidey-hole ready with all the cool gifts you've already opened on christmas morning.

2 arrival:
now this one is dangerous but also very important. now what you do is never,ever, ever greet the first to arrive. if you do that prepare for small talk and heavy doses of infection. the trick is too wait till a large group of people have gathered then dun dun dun GREET EVERY ONE OF THEM. yes this is near suicidal but make face time now so later they wont ask where is Enter Name Here. don't worry small infection sites can be cured with some combine eggnog http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/6914-Stolen-Pixels-152-A-Very-Combine-Christmas-Part-1

3 entertaining:
grab your food either first and early or last when everyone is too busy eating. then either surround yourself with people of your age group. if you have no one or just hate everyone in your family be glad for step one. diverge to hidey-hole but remember always have an emergency escape. just in case.

4 farewell:
one of the safer levels. you can remain in hidey hole or actually go out and say goodbye knowing you probably wont be seeing most people till next christmas... or a funeral

5 clean up:
the escapist way is pretty much how everyone does it or you can "go to the bathroom" for an hour or convinently disappear until most, if not all the work is already done.

have a happy holidays and merry christmas

This needs to be its own half-hour Christmas Special.

My wife is dreading the holidays at my family's house.

She needs to see this.

Badly.

i lol'd
Attempting these at xmas but the bacon everything is already done at my house! lol

Fantastic vid really. Seriously funny. Also was that an 8 bit version of Symphony of Destruction at the end level screens?

The beginning almost made me stop watching.

But I suffered through the cliche, and was pleasantly surprised at was beneath.

That was indeed funny and enjoyable. Errm im gunna feel really bad for typing this but "Festive Win?" DAMN IT

Monshroud:

Indeed... :S

That was very entertaining! Thanks.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook