The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2009: John

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2009: John

It's almost 2010, but what were John's five favorite games from 2009?

Read Full Article

great list Funk

I agree to a degree.

You should have had Dragon Age in there, somewhere.
Other than that, awesome

Glad to see L4D2 made it in there somewhere =D

Although Ass Creed II? Well, each to hiw own I suppose.

Great List!
I confess I'm not much of a 'fighting game' guy, but the visuals of BlazBlue are just fantastic.

And I'm currently playing through Assassin's Creed 2 (Got it for Christmas) and am just loving it. At first I was thinking 'This is just like number 1', but as I got further in the game and got new gadgets and really noticed and experienced the changes...the game just shines. And I can't stop playing! I was up early to get a few missions in, and I found myself saying 'Just one more Assassination before work!'
Just awesome.

Anyways, great list, Funk!

I'm liking your list much more.

I think Assassin's Creed 2 has finaly taken some of my attention away from Biooshock.

Good list, although you've ruined the trend of either Dragon AGe or Modern Warfare 2 as top.
Tut tut...

Pretty good list. I agree with most of it ^^. Though I must say I would have hoped to have seen borderlands in there.

Does anyone know if Susan Arendt is going to make a top 5?

Jang:
Pretty good list. I agree with most of it ^^. Though I must say I would have hoped to have seen borderlands in there.

Does anyone know if Susan Arendt is going to make a top 5?

She sure did.

Borderlands would have been an easy #6. I felt bad for cutting it :(

TheNamlessGuy:
I agree to a degree.

Other than that, awesome

I only just got Dragon Age, and it hasn't really "grabbed me" so far. I keep just going back to play more L4D2.

CantFaketheFunk:
I only just got Dragon Age, and it hasn't really "grabbed me" so far. I keep just going back to play more L4D2.

Shame on you!
You have to try, at least!

No Uncharted 2 love, I see.

But it doesn't really matter to me. I think Uncharted 2 is great, and I don't need anyone else to confirm that for me.

I totally agree with him on assassins creed 2. My fave to.

im happy just cuz assasins creed is in there.
awesome list, i havent played torchlight but it looks.. interesting.

Great list. I, too, am loving Assassin's Creed 2 at the moment. I tried the torchlight demo and almost turned to stone it was so boring.

I'm wondering, are these lists in any particular order?

Totally agree with 1, 3, 4, and 5.

Left 4 Dead is good at what it does, and is great, but its just not my thing.

Giving Assassin's Creed and Blazblue some love!

Good list of games, I didn't heard of some of them but am now curious to try them. :D
I agree with you on Assassin's creed 2, most of the time I wish the creators would just forget about the story completely.
Did any of the games you mentioned made it to your actual top five favourite games besides 2009?

Kudos. AC2 is far and away my favourite game of the year too, for almost exactly the reasons you said. If I have the 'favourite game of the year' discussion with anyone else, I might just point them to this article to save me the effort of explaining...

Probably my favorite list so far. Assassin's Creed 2 still stands as my number 1 with AA as number 2. And though it took me a while to try the multiplayer online, L4D 2 just became too fun to play on scavenger. Just woulda put borderlands in there, but Funk already covered what was up with that so it all works out.

Glad to see Torchlight got a mention, it's easily one of my favourite games of 2009 if not my favourite (Left 4 Dead 2 comes to mind as well)

I picked up Torchlight during the Steam sale for $10, perhaps the best money I have spent on a game since Titan Quest & Immortal Throne For $20.

I was put off by Torchlights WoW'esk graphics at first, but once the hack n slash action kicks in its very easy to gloss over the visuals and get sucked into the world.

I don't have anything to say about this list, but I commented on Jordan's and Susan's lists and I didn't want John to feel left out. (I know I'm an important character around here and stuff.)

Why am I not playing Torchlight? I would guess my computer can't run it. It's that bad.

Bought time Assassins creed two got on a list. I also agree that I would still play the game if all it was was just climb to the top of everything creed two.

oh and great list.

The Random One:
I don't have anything to say about this list, but I commented on Jordan's and Susan's lists and I didn't want John to feel left out. (I know I'm an important character around here and stuff.)

Why am I not playing Torchlight? I would guess my computer can't run it. It's that bad.

Dude, Torchlight has a netbook mode. A NETBOOK mode.

It can run on anything made past 2001, I'd wager.

Blazblue sounds pretty awesome, where can i get it at?

btw great list

I still don't get why people pay for fighting games, but otherwise nice list. You forgot to mention that Torchlight = Diablo 2 in every aspect except for the stuff it adds.

Pretty good list, I don't like seeing l4d 2 so high though.

CantFaketheFunk:

I recommend giving it some more time. It took me a while to get into it, but now I am really enjoying it. Though at times it can be a bit frustrating.

Yeah I thought that list was very diverse but seriously Ass Creed as #1?
Oh well maybe it was a slow year...

TheNamlessGuy:
I agree to a degree.

Other than that, awesome

I agree with this as well. Maybe take out Torchlight so as not to overstimulate the RPG muscle?

Good to see BlazBlue there, Funk, partly since I decided to finally order it (in my defense, I didn't have a PS3 or 360 until this Christmas).

Also, I'm considering getting Assassins Creed II thanks to this and some friends of mine.

I'm glad to see Blazblue get some love.

Blazblue is my favorite fighting game ever. Period. Its pretty much as perfect as a fighter will ever get.

Soul Calibur 2 was my old favorite but Blazblue tops it. Not to mention after 2 the series just spiraled downward.

starcraft 2? HA! good one Mr. Funk! If it ever does come out I'm not buying it, I'm thoroughly convinced that Blizzard is evil <_< ..... well maybe I'll buy a used copy....

anyhow, pretty good list--pretty much what I expected. Although, I didn't expect to see Assassin's Creed 2 in there o_O

Nice List, Mr Funk - I have to agree with Assassins Creed 2 as the top of the list - I've restarted the game after finishing because I just enjoy it so damn much; my only complaint is I reached an end and had no more story to play ;)

Your list is very...ahem...FUNKy.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or