Zero Punctuation: Saboteur

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

JaredXE:

Supp:

Megametalwolf :
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english cunt

Except, Yahtzee is Australian.

He's a Brit stuck in Australia, but he's not wrong in his description of the Irish. Actually go to Ireland, most of us are functional alcoholics.

i am irish and i find that offensive to the core and so should you, if you have any pride

So are you trolling or are you just an enormous pussy? Do you even know what you're watching?

If you're easily offended you should not be watching anything Yahtzee's ever done.

See, this is just unfortunate for Pandemic. I remember this game being announced and shown in Game Informer some ridiculous span of time like two years ago--at which time, all the various hackneyed sandboxer elements we've since seen would have been unique and sort of groundbreaking.

Fronzel:
Was there even this much of a stink the four or five times he's made fun of America?

Lonan:

I'll admit I was fairly suspicious of the Irish when I learned the Americans like them, A LOT, but to be honest I think it's just a bunch of stupid Americans who completely blew one aspect of Irishmen's personalities (assuming everyone in Ireland, and indeed any country are all uniformly one personality, which is wrong) and made a bunch of statues of them with the gold they like so damn much. (And used so much that gold is now over-priced, and is no longer a safe haven for the first time in human history. The Americans have managed to even ruin gold. Well done.) So I can hardly get angry at the Irish for drinking beer and making stories about rainbows when it's mostly just the Americans being idiots.

Gold statues in America? I must live in the wrong part.

Anyway, the whole "Americans like Irish" thing probably comes from Americans with Irish ancestry (of which there are plenty). Taking possibly too much pride in "the old country" is something that happens to some Americans.

Sorry, it's that Glen Beck I think who's pushing gold prices through the roof, I just added that in because I was pissed about it. It was very emotional, and I know there are no gold statues in the U.S.

As for taking pride in the old country, my suspicion is that it's more then that. In the mid-19th-century the Fenians (Irish living in U.S.) tried to invade Canada. I simply wonder how much that has to do with it. Judging by many Americans on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fair bit.

i like this game and reveiw was as good as ever lol

lobotoja:
well... you still a cocksucker and me being a cunt at least can play with my self... hows that spunk aftertaste work for you, english puff...

Funny that you thing homophobia still works when it's not the 70's.

Also, I don't really think it's healthy for you to know about someone's sex life unless you're a participant... good Lord.

The game has decent art design I will give it that.

fraser123:

lobotoja:

fraser123:

Harmondale2:

Megametalwolf :

Harmondale2:

Megametalwolf :
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english cunt

Hey Michael Collins, the fight for independence is over? So seriously quit your bitching. I'm Irish and do you see me complaining? I can't help but laugh at the funny accents and guinness jokes, you know why, because its a "joke". Its not racist unless theres genuine hatred behind it. We're always making jokes about guinness and the funny accents where I am because its all so rediculiously untrue. Lighten up dude. Are you even Irish for that matter?

On a side note, I hate most of the americans that come over here, why do they need to yell everything? and I've honestly been asked if leprechauns exist... god save us all...

yes im irish full blooded born of the land, im sorry but its that type of talk that gets the iish into this, have some pride mate. oh and by the way if you look through my post you will see a clear cut reason.

Pride? are you seriously one of these people who thinks theres something so special about you just because your irish?(or iish as you put it) There is nothing special about you or anyone else, we're all just people, being irish or french or british dosn't make you better then anyone else. People thinking their "better" then another group of people is how real racism starts! So really your more of a racist then any joke making comedian here. Am I right people?

Very true, you sir have a point.
There is nothing special about anyone you are all from the same gene pool yes it sickens me to think that I'm in the same species as you, you Megametalwolf you bloody moron, this guy that started this whole argument makes me feel ashamed to be in the same species as them, no not because they are from a different place as me but they are so unrelentingly stupid. I really do not care if you were offended if you are too childish to realise that you should get the hell out of my internets until you can speak to us adults.

Now if nobody minds I have to go oppress some Irishmen.

areryou brithish...otherwise there is no explenation to no tgetting it except MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you British? Otherwise there is no explanation to not getting it except MORON!
Now that been fixed, yes I am British well English actually but for national identities sake I am British and there is an explanation other than "MORON", it's that us people with brains realise there is nothing to get just a pathetic little man who thinks he is special wining because someone insulted him ,and does not know how to respond other than swearing and shouting about it on an internet forum for a comedic games reviewer, you are propagating the stereotype that Yahtzee brought up, with that reply but believe me, it's not hard to join us enlightened beings. All you need to do is re watch the video and when he says "Irish people are thick" (or something along those lines) laugh think oh well that was moderately amusing rather than "urgh me been insulted errr ....... I must inform the internet about this they care" and thus spoil the conversation for the intellectually superior people whom were not bothered by this video in any extent.

Now Fuck off you knuckle dragger I don't care if your Irish Swedish Bosnian Serbian your still a cunt learn to laugh.

Hear hear!!! Nice to see some sensible people on the internet! Why do we even bother arguing with these people? They never learn...

The thing about the Nazi's are true. But what really grips me is that he played Company Of Heroes, I thought he hated RTS's.

A great, funny review as always.

It's ok Yahtzee, I know that every time you bash on the US it is because you wish that you had moved there first. :)

I find it ironic everybody is ripping on WW2 games.

Give it a few years, and everybody will be whining we have too many modern (Setting) games.

Lonan:
As for taking pride in the old country, my suspicion is that it's more then that. In the mid-19th-century the Fenians (Irish living in U.S.) tried to invade Canada. I simply wonder how much that has to do with it. Judging by many Americans on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fair bit.

Well, they would have done that because Canada was British, wouldn't they?

C.H.A.L.E.T.:

Give it a few years, and everybody will be whining we have too many modern (Setting) games.

Well, yeah, that's how gluts work. I don't think anyone complained too much when Call of Duty 1 came out.

cjackson92:
It's ok Yahtzee, I know that every time you bash on the US it is because you wish that you had moved there first. :)

That's likely true. Sure he'd have to deal with moderately nice beaches in the US, but at least he'll be able to get games earlier and non-censored.

To me, the Saboteur is a piece of rubbish.
/end

Why did Jay Cee get probated for his post on the first page?

It had a good start with it's 'Nudity' option, then started running in mud, eventually I stopped playing since it was very much just the same over, over, and over again.

Other then that, it was a nice review, pretty much true. And kinda funny too.

Last weeks video was so much funnier.

;D

C.H.A.L.E.T.:

Like.... GTA? Sims?

There's not a hell of a lot of inspiration to take from modern settings.

And, side note, feeding time for trolls? Geez, talk about adding fuel to fire. One guy jumps out at a comment and everyone goes and defends or attacks the guy and the whole thread turns into a debate (I use that term loosely). Granted, the whole things died off a bit now, but...

Dooly95:

C.H.A.L.E.T.:

Like.... GTA? Sims?

There's not a hell of a lot of inspiration to take from modern settings.

I was more thinking along the lines of warfare games.

Best review in quite some time.

Loved this game far more than anything else I played this year. Total breathe of fresh air in terms of FUN. The comments regarding the voice acting are surprising given the tongue-in-cheek/cheesy(!) nature of this game. I would have thought Yahtzee would 'get' the 'Ello 'Ello-ness of the set-up, but apparently it went over his head.

Much as Yahtzee long ago went over the shark's head.

Hmmm you can actually get marmite in Australia, didn't know that. It was a very funny review, shame the humour was overshadowed in the comments by people spreading hate.

you know.... sometimes i hate beeing a german guy AND i hate every WWII game were nazis approach. i mean why not blast japanese guys instead they've been kinda evil too AND they invented hentai.

AND A HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

i don't see why other irish people are upset with yathsee, the most anti-irish comment i've ever heard from a game critic was chris antista from gamesradar who said 'death to the irish' because he didn't like the sound of irish music. Also remember one of 1up podcast where they had like a 10 minute session of just insulting the irish. Some maybe it's just game journalists in general. i blame bioshock that did to the preception of irish people what jaws did to sharks.

although we should take some flak for introducing the world to bono and also bram stokers' dracula for bring vampires in the popular culture which lead to the atrocity that is twilight.

Great review.
Sucks that pandemic bit the bullet i was looking forward to star wars battlefront 3.

Lonan:

Hey, don't put that squarely on us, the Newfs and the Nova Scotians were on board with that as well. The idea of a free Irish exile state carved out of eastern Canada had a lot of pull with Irish Americans and Irish Canadians. Unfortunately the Fenians were (just like always)not very subtle and not very organized.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure threads like this are the reason my forebears left the old country in the first place.

Excellent use of the Imp Launching Ass Cannon!

While I agree with others in saying Yahtzee did push it at times with the Irish jokes, but most of the jokes were taken from films which depicted the Irish people as drunks which did nothing. While the truth is different when the Irish emigrated to America a high proportion of them worked in the building industry helping to build such thing like the empire state building. Also 29 of the 44 presidents have Irish decedents. Even the famous boxer Muhammad Ali had Irish in his blood (great-grandfather from Ennis).

Now back on topic Yahtzee had reused for the majority of Irish slags like our love a drink or 2. Granted us Irish like to drink but not as near to the point that people say. For me I would go drinking at least 2-4 a month and have a few drinks. Also as I discussed with some mate of mine in a pub yesterday on why we come to the same pub and we all gave the same answer the atmosphere. The pubs are welcoming can have a laugh with anyone from a stranger to the bar man who is serving you.

I took the slags on the chin and I recommend people do the same because well us Irish are nearly every were. If you think about it the Irish have taken over :P.

Fronzel:

Lonan:

Well, they would have done that because Canada was British, wouldn't they?

C.H.A.L.E.T.:

Well, yeah, that's how gluts work. I don't think anyone complained too much when Call of Duty 1 came out.

Yes, Canada was. I have no problem with their attempts to liberate their homeland. I am merely suspecting that some Americans may be in love with the Irish because of their attacking Canada, which the savages of the U.S. have never liked ever since they weren't able to take it in the War of 1812. I'm just speculating. Everything has to have a reason, and in terms outright actions (actions I can find in a history book) before the U.S. was strongly allied with Britain in WWII, (when there probably would have been less support for the bombings of that time period) the Fenian Raids would definitely have qualified as something certain individuals would be very happy about. While this is also speculation, the fact that the American government said it would recognise any results of the Fenian attacks, and supplied the Fenians with weapons; (payed for by the U.S. taxpayer) makes wonder how many Americans were drinking to a successful invasion of those damn Canadians and their British friends by the good old Irish.

matumba:

Lonan:

Hey, don't put that squarely on us, the Newfs and the Nova Scotians were on board with that as well. The idea of a free Irish exile state carved out of eastern Canada had a lot of pull with Irish Americans and Irish Canadians. Unfortunately the Fenians were (just like always)not very subtle and not very organized.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure threads like this are the reason my forebears left the old country in the first place.

Well, I can understand a desire to have a free Irish State, wherever it may be. What do you mean by "I'm pretty sure threads like this are the reason my forebears left the old country in the first place" though?

You know, there are skins in Team Fortress 2 that turn the Pyro's axe into a guitar and I'm sure there's some that turn the Spy and Medic into Nazis.

PS.
"My name is Pierre, I'm 53, I have come to have sex with your family"
"Help yourself sir, because of the debt of honor to General Lafayette"

Happy new year

Hey that's not fair Yahtzee, I like the Irish...

Oh wait... I'm an American! Shit, he's right!

Nice sausage usage.

Stoic Person Eater:
I am currently enjoying this game, but I can agree with everything Yahtzee said.

Same here.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or