Zero Punctuation: Saboteur

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

I guess that'll teach the Escapist to advertise mediocre games before these videos, huh?

Pretty standard review, nothing too over-the-top, but it held my attention long enough until the generic metal at the end. All the French jokes seemed a little forced, but maybe that's just because I'm one of those freaky people who doesn't hate the French.

Demented Teddy:

YoUnG205:
I am suprised that Irish people were not offended by this. This one was one of the funniest in a long time though I liked it.

read post 12.

oh yeah, but it was only for laughs I doubt that their was any actual racism behind the joke.

Indecizion:
lol saw the game, thought it might be ok, was considering buying it, not nemore rofl.

And so you've helped Yahtzee in his mission to kill the video game trade just like the rest of us.

I missed him, that one week felt so empty

Supp:

Megametalwolf :
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english cunt

Except, Yahtzee is Australian.

Born in Britian...moved to Australia.

Where the hell is the borderlands review

I'm surprised there was no talk of the boobies. Otherwise though very good, I got a good laugh.

Megametalwolf :
what you said about the Irish is very offensive man, you show your British colours with this you fucking English cunt

Really? No-one else seems to be, because WE HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR.
Seriously, read all the posts by Irish people, you're the only one that can't take a joke.

From now on only politically correct humor is allowed -so some people with emotionally labile CNS'es don't get upset by the harsh wording in it.

Then we can all go and watch some paint dry- but only beige one, because other colors might be considered offensive to someone.

Disagree with the black n' white complaint, you can see everything just fine. I actually liked it beter than the colorful parts of the city. I'm a big Sin City fan, so well...you know.

Also, I'm suprised he didn't mention the fact that you can take 30 bullets before you die and your health regenerates in 5 seconds.

I like the game. Yes, it's cliche and repetative but it has a brilliant atmosphere and I'm a sucker for atmosphere.

Nazi for villains again...

Any'un know of any game with Nazis as the protagonists? I'd like to see Nazis get the Ninja & Pirate treatment.

C'mon, you know chicks in Nazi uniforms are hawt.

The review would have been good except as I have learned from this thread, he shouldn't have used those stereotypes about the irish. He probably should have referred to them as humorless douches if this thread is any indication.

Come on people, its humor. He ripped on the french, the brits, and the american's as well. If you are that easily offended, I don't think ZP is for you.

I'm renaming my street Rue de Frommage Degoutant...

No on likes the irish lol. That was a good one. Only reason i wanted to watch this is cause they have a patch you DL that puts nudity in the game for ps3....or so it says lol.

My day is now complete with ZP.

Don't you know? we're not known for Guiness anymore, we're known for the "what not to do in a recession" case study. Get your stereotypes right! lol

eeeeeewwwwwwww soggy biscuit game :(

Megametalwolf :
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english cunt

He's insulted England loads of times, and I bet you laughed every one. I know I did, and I'm English. He even did it in this review, actually.

That doesn't give you the right to call him a cunt when suddenly your country is getting insulted. Stop being a hypocrite, learn how to take a joke or stop watching.

He didn't even mention the boobs.

I'm glad to see a Yahtzee review of this game. Some reviews had me cautiously optimistic about the game, and I figured ZP's review would put me over the edge one way or another on it. Sadly, it seems like that way is "pass".

Went a LITTLE bit overboard with the Nazi territory there Yahtzee. They didn't control ALL of Europe, and technically Italy controlled most of North Africa.

Haven't played it, based on the review I.. Am leaving it on my list of games to buy and play from this year. Yahtzee doesn't count since he hates all games but Portal. And a few others, but not enough for a review to count. =P

Off topic, when he mentioned RTS in the vid, it showed a picture of Company of Heroes, Tales of Valor I think. Did he review that one? Search isn't showing anything.

Megametalwolf :
well i find it offensive because what he said is used by most british as a factual statement and has been the bases of oppression for the irish people for years. so thats why

for those that can't seem to look at posts

above is the reason ok

I figured pandemic had a good game going then decided to fuck it up once they found out they are being shut down. That is at least how I will always view it so I can continue to blame EA for this one.

Supp:

Megametalwolf :

exept yahtzee is british he yust lives in austrailia

(yay my first comment)

I ever really thought about how many ways I have killed Nazis in games either. I personally am sick of all the WWII games also for the same reasons. But if they do make a game with Nazis and music I'm sure that Harmonix will jump all over the idea to make more money.

Pyromaniac1337:
Went a LITTLE bit overboard with the Nazi territory there Yahtzee. They didn't control ALL of Europe, and technically Italy controlled most of North Africa.

Come to think of it, there is one mission in the Saboteur based around diplomatic dealings with North Africa.

borderlands?

Supp:

Megametalwolf :
-snipped-

Anglo-Australian, actually. Born & raised in England, moved to Australia. He'd also established that he's not racist in his "Blood on the Sand" review.

In the grand scheme of things, bigotry, hatred and ignorance are the hallmarks of the entire human race, not just a particular ethnicity or nationality. Americans, English, Irish, Iranian, Russian, Japanese, Australian - no matter who you are or where you're from, at some point in your life, you're going to act like a douchebag.

Maybe everyone would like the British more if they'd stop acting so smug and superior to everyone else. Every Brit I've ever met automatically treated me like shit the second they heard my accent.

I thought he was far too kind to it. I bought it, hated it and traded it. Assassins Creed 2 wipes the floor with it. I wanted to love this game so badly too. I love the 'Let's show 'em how we do it in Belfast' line in the game, delivered in a completely non-Belfast accent.

Yes, we do need some new villain types don't we?

ever notice the first 3 posts in a yahtzee review thread are always put on probation wether they're bad or not?

Megametalwolf :

JaredXE:

Supp:

Megametalwolf :

He's a Brit stuck in Australia, but he's not wrong in his description of the Irish. Actually go to Ireland, most of us are functional alcoholics.

i am irish and i find that offensive to the core and so should you, if you have any pride

ok, everyone has to laugh themselves..I admit when he said "hes irish, therefore he must be a moron" (or something).. i thought "hold on a minute... fuck you yahtzee" and im not easily offended.. but "offensive to the core" may be a bit strong :P

EDIT: and yes, everyone DOES love the irish :P Though iv found with the english its more in an "look at me, i have an irishman as a drinking partner/ joke butt".. kindof like how middle class women treat gay men almost like a fashion accessory (all, of course, IMHO)

Your comment on the darkness of the black and white areas can be fixed by turning the brightness up a bit.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here