Zero Punctuation: Saboteur

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

The emphasis on "Yeah, everyone loves the Irish" was perfect. This was a great review.

I'm actually really liking this game. Oh wells.

You irish people are ridiculous! (Wow, I'm totally judging all of you!)
Seriously though, what's with all the joy killing and whining? Get over yourselves, no one really cares or takes his 'racism' seriously. (that said no one with a brain takes any racism seriously).
I find the game quite fun, though some missions are really annoying and always make you die first to get the hint (like he said), and the driving from A to B over and over is ridiculous.

I'm Irish and I thought it was funny. I was expecting something like this even before I watched it, it is Yahtzee after all.

I do dislike French people

Hm. the premise of the game alone is enough for me to want to buy it, good review , i think you got a chuckle out of me

As an Irishman, I can say that yes, everyone does love us.

Especially the American ladies.

Walk into an American bar and say 'How's it goin love, can I get yiz a pint', and they will instantly strip naked and ravage you on the pool table.

At least I think that's what happened, I was too drunk to remember.

beat nazis with a guitar hero controller, now thats an original idea to add to the trodden road of WW2 gasmes

13lackfriday:
I liked how the Nazi used his friend as a human cannon in the end credits.

I liked that to, it was one of the more memorable end sequences, right up there with the one where the imps went away.

also what was the deal with with camelpimp and cheese today?

Chaos-Spider:

13lackfriday:
I liked how the Nazi used his friend as a human cannon in the end credits.

I liked that to, it was one of the more memorable end sequences, right up there with the one where the imps went away.

also what was the deal with with camelpimp and cheese today?

He was a troll, nothing more.

Supp:

Megametalwolf :
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english cunt

Except, Yahtzee is Australian.

I don't know his legal status or how long he's lived in Australia, but he's British born.

Last review of the year.
And oh how sweet and rewarding it is.
Like marmalade on my rhubarb pie.

All of this arguing is getting on my nerves. Why on earth are you all arguing politics in a video game review? He insulted you? Fine, take your complaints where you can actually do something about it, don't create arguments on who did what to whom. Honestly, this is a thread about a game.

Anyway, I was really never interested in this game because it was a WWII game and I think we all know how creative those were...

Happy New Year to you also, Mr. Croshaw! I pray you a healthy and wealthy new year

Megametalwolf :
what you said about the irish is very offensive man, you show your british colours with this you fucking english cunt

Cry me a river

poopypant103:
man I wanted silent hill shattered memories :(

He won't be able to play that one until february. If he likes it I'm going to buy it.

"The term "French Hero" doesn't fit well on the tongue, and neither does their cheese! Ha!"
I laughed so hard, also the ending credits with the explosives were in my eyes funny.
Happy new year to you all :D

Best I've seen for a while.

TASTY marmite?! Dear me.

and here i was debating getting this game, i guess i wont since i loved assassins creed and would hate to run screaming at a wall and have a horrible parkour experiance!

lol awesome so manny ways to kill nazi

Camel Pimp:
cheese

well this guy's screwed

Megametalwolf :

Hey Michael Collins, the fight for independence is over? So seriously quit your bitching. I'm Irish and do you see me complaining? I can't help but laugh at the funny accents and guinness jokes, you know why, because its a "joke". Its not racist unless theres genuine hatred behind it. We're always making jokes about guinness and the funny accents where I am because its all so rediculiously untrue. Lighten up dude. Are you even Irish for that matter?

On a side note, I hate most of the americans that come over here, why do they need to yell everything? and I've honestly been asked if leprechauns exist... god save us all...

Another good review

Chill out, Megametalwolf. Why did you watch the videos when many of them contain racial humor if it offends you so? Why should people like me suffer because you can't take a joke? And besides, Yahtzee's an ass. Why let him get to you at all when he makes it abundantly clear on a near constant basis?

I'm going to be pedantic as hell right here, but it bugged me. I'd like to point out that the game is called "The Saboteur", not "Saboteur", there's a game from 1985 and a canceled game by that name.

Anyways yeah, pretty much echoed my thoughts exactly, the game just seemed "meh" for me, the story kept me going till the end, but it wasn't anything special, and as you noted, extremely predictable.

I was mostly in it for the cars and the atmosphere, I think Pandemic captured 1940's-nazi-occupied-Paris very well and the cars are sweet, I loved collecting them. But really the rest of the game was a Infamous/ACII/GTA clone with a much more generic-predictable story.

he was born in britian

Jeez, what happened? All you Irish people have you panties in a bunch. (And I refuse to call it anything less silly.)

In truth the shallowness of his Irish jokes are endearing of the people, there is nothing legitimately flawed about the so all he's got is "guiness, potatoes leprechaun". Rather than saying that all Irishmen have some sort of insufficiency in the bedroom.
Same with Australian jokes, we're awesome so its just "Fosters, Steve Dundee" (I know, Steve Irwin and Croc Dundee are different but that fits the jokes). Or at least that was the case until everyone found out we are the censorship nazis of the 21st century.

Megametalwolf :

nope any kind of attack on any people is bad and angers me, yet i have seen no-one from those country's saying anything about it and im not going to bring up the problem as its not my land, if they did i would back them up.

im talking about the escapist and my day to day life

Believe me when I say we really, really do care. Please, keep posting.

ShadowsofHope:
Hell, if he said all Canadians were igloo mongering hillbillies with sled dogs for cars, I would have cared less. (I am Canadian, by the by)

I think that'd be cool, considering including me there are maybe ten people living in Canada and nobody ever mentions us anymore :(

LOL @ anenemy

surprised he didn't take the piss out of the term "French Resistance"

Nice review, but it's still not as good as last weeks. That one made me laugh for like 3 days every time i thinked about it.

P.S.: For some odd reason i was expecting Zelda: Spirit Tracks...........

Harmondale2:

Megametalwolf :

Hey Michael Collins, the fight for independence is over? So seriously quit your bitching. I'm Irish and do you see me complaining? I can't help but laugh at the funny accents and guinness jokes, you know why, because its a "joke". Its not racist unless theres genuine hatred behind it. We're always making jokes about guinness and the funny accents where I am because its all so rediculiously untrue. Lighten up dude. Are you even Irish for that matter?

On a side note, I hate most of the americans that come over here, why do they need to yell everything? and I've honestly been asked if leprechauns exist... god save us all...

WE NEED TO YELL SO EVERYONE CAN HEAR AND UNDERSTAND HOW GODDAMN AWESOME WE ARE AND ALSO BECAUSE WE ARE FAT. YOU MEAN LEPRECHAUNS DON'T EXIST?

Harmondale2:

Megametalwolf :

yes im irish full blooded born of the land, im sorry but its that type of talk that gets the iish into this, have some pride mate. oh and by the way if you look through my post you will see a clear cut reason.

Abedeus:
Stupid idiots posting at 17:01.

I was going to try the game, since it's RFG + AC... but seeing how it holds a 77/100, I'll wait till I finish Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 on PC.

Also, when will we get to see a Scottish protagonist?

Here yeah go!

Good review, but is it just me or did it sort of cut off at the end?
Like he was talking about something then broke off into a joke and ended it. w/e

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here