The Escapist Presents: Matt Hazard BBB: Behind the Scenes

Matt Hazard BBB: Behind the Scenes

Team Hollywood teams up with Vicious Cycle to take you behind the scenes of Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond.

Watch Video

If they did this with the first game it might've turned out a lot better.

Hope they got better comedy writers though. First one had very, very few gems in all of its mediocre glory.

never played nor heard of the first, but im glad to see more "behind the scenes" and talking with developers on this site, im no fan of gamespot but they do have tons of interviews with the teams behind the games, would be nice to see more of that here.

Now I actually want to get the first Matt Hazard game. The supposedly shitty one.

^above poster
just don't expect the game will be like Halo .... it plays more like Doom.

The screen play reminds me very much of Metal Slug...enough to drop a few bills for the PSN release. Any word on when?

I don't know I liked the boss battle with the giant JRPG character in the first one.

Glad to see you've got the ol' age verification in place; I was born on the 5th of June 1910, yet I don't look a day over 15...

Anyway, looks crap. Just like the full retail version did (and was, apparently).

In the early PR for this game, they obviously did a lot of work to spoof off the character's supposed contra-esk 8-bit origins. So I guess the D3 devs couldn't help themselves from making a Contra/Metal Slug type game, though if it plays anything like those two, I'll probably be picking it up.

I dunno, I enjoyed the first game oddly enough. The game play and pacing was so bad though, I had to convince myself that was part of the meta-humor.

I'm really excited about this. It looks like a lot of fun. I'm thinking about picking up the 1st one if I can find it used since I've heard such mixed opinions about it.

All I can think about is how they stole that name from the Simpsons.

And before anyone references South Park, fully aware, thank you.

Shoot first, ASK QUESTIONS LATER. Your welcome.

ccesarano:
If they did this with the first game it might've turned out a lot better.

Hope they got better comedy writers though. First one had very, very few gems in all of its mediocre glory.

Yeah...Its a shame they cant go back to it, lol

You know, uhhh, you know, uhhh, you know, uhh, you know, you know you know, uhhhhhhhh.

I'm pretty indifferent. I never played the first one, and they couldn't really pinpoint anything specific about their game that made me go 'holy shit that's neat.'

TOGSolid:
You know, uhhh, you know, uhhh, you know, uhh, you know, you know you know, uhhhhhhhh.

I'm pretty indifferent. I never played the first one, and they couldn't really pinpoint anything specific about their game that made me go 'holy shit that's neat.'

Yeah they definitely were not PR/marketing/ad guys thats for sure.

blood bath and beyond is a pretty cool title tho.

also is matt hazard like duke nuke em's cousin lol.

eh looks like it could be fun but this didnt really sell it.
why didnt they get marketers to come in instead of the tech guys.

I think Matt Hazard was more positive than negative, really. Quite a few funny moments and the achievements were hilarious.

Woodsey:
Glad to see you've got the ol' age verification in place; I was born on the 5th of June 1910, yet I don't look a day over 15...

Anyway, looks crap. Just like the full retail version did (and was, apparently).

I have to admit I chuckled at that. I'd still much rather have a quick honor system drop-down bar than, say, be required to fill out a questionnaire with my social security, driver's license and credit card numbers, though.

sneakypenguin:

TOGSolid:

Yeah they definitely were not PR/marketing/ad guys thats for sure.

Donrad:
why didnt they get marketers to come in instead of the tech guys.

They do that to let you know that the company developing the game isn't made up of heartless robots. Like Shamus Young said a few years ago on his blog,

Have a development blog. (Or just a personal one.) Give personal interviews, not just to the big publishers but to the podcasters and bloggers. Put your face where gamers can see it, so they will know who they're stealing from if they choose to go that route. Get in the forums and interact with your customers. (Forums should always be a conduit between your developers and them, not a layer of insulation.)

Besides, could you imagine if they really did have PR guys doing this? "Blood Bath and Beyond is the gaming event of the yea--no, of the whole millennium. This game is the digital messiah and will rid the gaming world of all evil--even internet trolls."

That being said, yeah, I really didn't see anything in that video that made me go, "Holy shit, that's neat," either. I mean it looks pretty fun, but there's nothing about it that makes me want to buy it instead of just playing one of the other million side-scrolling shooters I own.

paralost:
blood bath and beyond is a pretty cool title tho.

also is matt hazard like duke nuke em's cousin lol.

its a great song aswell, its by soul fly

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here