Going Gold: Going Gold's Purely Arbitrary Games of the Decade

Pages PREV 1 2

I really enjoyed the comments on Majora's Mask. I agree with the statement that it is the best Zelda game of the decade. I love it when games that have been around forever take that risk and launch themselves outside of the formula.

The fact that you missed Portal pretty much makes the entire list fairly irrelevant in my eyes. I dont think I've met anyone who thinks it was a bad game. In terms of innovation, style, story, and just plain fun it blew everything out of the water.

Monshroud:
I can't say that I would remove any of the games from the list. I would have added Batman: Arkham Asylum to it though. It is a game that just did everything right in my opinion, and I hope will set the bar for future comic book games.

I would probably also add the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Trilogy. Probably one of the best platformer's ever made.

I'm with you on Sands of Time, but I'm pretty sure they stopped after one game when they realised that any further games would just be abysmal. I don't know what you're talking about with the "Trilogy."

didn't care for majora's mask but my fav of the last 10 wasn't listed ,and halo ? why ? and not gta?

Can't say I agree with or have heard of many of these games.

Education may be required...but Shenmue does not sound fun to me, and generally I don't enjoy silent hill, resident evil games...

Seriously, how did Oblivion/Fallout 3 not end up on that list? Or portal? Or Half-Life 2, or um...need I go on?

RvLeshrac:

Monshroud:
I can't say that I would remove any of the games from the list. I would have added Batman: Arkham Asylum to it though. It is a game that just did everything right in my opinion, and I hope will set the bar for future comic book games.

I would probably also add the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Trilogy. Probably one of the best platformer's ever made.

I'm with you on Sands of Time, but I'm pretty sure they stopped after one game when they realised that any further games would just be abysmal. I don't know what you're talking about with the "Trilogy."

The Sands of Time is considered the following 3 games:

The Sands of Time
Warrior Within
The Two Princes

The same story is followed through all 3 games, hence the 'Trilogy'

Monshroud:

RvLeshrac:

Monshroud:

The Sands of Time
Warrior Within
The Two Princes

He was being sarcastic.

On topic, I think there are a lot of games missing from the list, but it's insightful and you make a convincing point for every single one of them.

Also, I feel dignified for having read and laughed at the disclaimer.

Lulz.

Majora's Mask is one of my favorite games of all time... well no it is MY FAVORITE.

Modern Warfare was at the top of this list.....Bioshock wasn't even on the list...... Half Life 2 wasn't on the list, either.... nor was Portal.....

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

I mean....yeah, nevermind.

wilsonscrazybed:
I am surprised WoW wasn't on this list considering how influential it's become.

This. World of Warcraft has irreversibly changed the nature of the MMO, RPG and adventure gaming world. It would be callous to call a game this successful, profitable and influential anything but brilliant. You don't have to like it; but there's no way to ignore it.

On a similar line: The Sims.

Just about everything that can be said for Wii Sports or Nintendogs can be said for The Sims. Freakishly addictive? Check. Surprisingly good at luring non-gamers in? Check.

Never cared for Zelda, Metroid or Mario. CoD4 and RE4 pale in comparison to the games that came before them. Halo's influence is indisputable but it has aged almost as badly as Goldeneye, and it was never really that great to begin with. Nintendogs, Brain Age and Wii Sports I don't understand since popularity shouldn't be a factor in a list like this. Never played Shenmue 2.

Silent Hill 2 though... now there's a good pick!

Monshroud:

The Sands of Time

Still not sure what you're talking about with the "trilogy" stuff. I do remember there being a GBA game, but it was just the PoP:SoT story.

RvLeshrac:

Monshroud:

The Sands of Time

Still not sure what you're talking about with the "trilogy" stuff. I do remember there being a GBA game, but it was just the PoP:SoT story.

Ahhh, gotcha... You had your memory wiped... =) Too bad... The fighting was a lot more fun in the 2nd and 3rd... At least I thought so...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here