There Will Be Brawl Series Finale This Friday

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

There Will Be Brawl Series Finale This Friday

The Series Finale of There Will Be Brawl will launch this Friday, January 1st at noon EST and The Escapist has some extra Brawl content just for this special occasion.

For those of you out there who are badge collectors, we have re-opened the "Game Noir" badge which you can receive by watching all the past episodes of Brawl through the weekend.

We also have other great coverage, including the main character breakdown, a Q&A with the creators of Brawl, an on-set video with members of the cast and a fun Quiz for all the fans out there.

Come back Friday and start your New Year off with a Brawl!

10: Awesome
20: Goto 10

Although I have to wonder what they'll do for the next series - and how are they making money off of this? It can't be cheap to do...is the Escapist sponsoring them?

Thank You for the heads up!

I can't wait for this...

I am a very happy man at this moment

Awesome, now I can't wait for this Friday!

I just hope Mercer is better now.
But watching the Finale will be a great event to mark the new year's start :D

*hits head on desk*

I really need to watch this series...

Once I hit 5000 - I WILL beat you, FMS!

HOORAY!! *starts doing happy dance* Thank you so much for the information.

Thanks Escapist guys, all I wanted was a date. It was nice of you to open the Game Noir badge too. :)

Been waiting patiently, very excited.

Brilliant! Can't wait!

thanks for the heads up

I'm looking forward to this very much.

Awesome! I'm getting ready for what looks to be an epic end to the series.

:)

Doug:

Although I have to wonder what they'll do for the next series - and how are they making money off of this? It can't be cheap to do...is the Escapist sponsoring them?

The impression I got from reading the history of the series on therewillbebrawl.com is that they're doing it pretty much for free, or at least started off that way til the Esacpist picked them up, and the sponsorship of the Escapist has provided them with money to finish, as it surely is an expensive project. There're a lot of actors and probably a lot of crew, so I can't imagine any one of them making a whole lot off of this aside from the satisfaction of creating the BEST web series I've ever seen. :)

Yay, I can't wait. I love TWBB so much, it may be the best series on the Escapist. Speaking of, any word on employing the makers in the future?

So i emailed matt about the fanali and he wrote back and cleared some stuff up

Hey, Travis!

Sorry for the confusion, but to make a long story short, we were originally looking at an Xmas release, but the Escapist decided they wanted to bring it out a week early and cut our development time by a week. We tried to make the 18th, but slipped a few days. However, they have had the final episode since last Tuesday, so I am not certain at all what is keeping them from putting it up. My apologies, and I thank you for your patience, but keep an eye out, and I imagine it should be up shortly. Its worth it, I think. ;)

-Matt

sweet, I've rewatched the whole series like ten times and now it's finally coming to a close. Thank you for the heads up

Is it for reals this time? Just to be safe I'll contain my girlish excitment to my black void that is my sole.

Finally a date! Thank you very much.

Bring the Brawl!

I bet Matt isn't going to work with The Escapist anymore after this stunt.

Awesome. I can't wait.

zimpirate:

Yeah, man, it totally sucks when the people paying you to do something give you a deadline, promote the show to all hell (using advertising space that otherwise they could probably be selling) and then you don't meet it. And then they, being actual people, have holidays and vacation time, and the whiny little community keeps crying and crying about not having their FREE entertainment because they don't understand how businesses actually work.

Sorry, but as a long term reader of The Escapist (and admitted fan of Brawl) who was watching those forums in disgust over the entitlement and whining that people weren't taking time off their holidays to bring you free shit when it was delivered to them late? I had to finally register because the attitude of everyone like you shouldn't spill over here. Keep that cancer contained to those forums and learn how the real world actually works, sonny. When you have a contract, you deliver.

Eh... I'm going to act like the finale will be delayed again until February. THAT WAY I won't go psycho waiting for it, and if it actually is delayed again, I won't be surprised. But I would soon then jump in front of a train.

Doug:

The escapist pays them for making videos. They have a contract. Watch some of the beginning episodes of Unforgotten Realms. You'll notice he mentions them paying him. Not only that, Yahtzee makes references to getting paid by the Escapist SEVERAL TIMES in his reviews.

Woo! There will be Brawl!

Can't wait to see it guys.

I am still waiting for the Escapist's owed apology.

For real real, not for play play?

Man, I just happen to be working this friday, at a place with no internet, for 12 hours, well I guess I have something to look forward to.

JerrytheBullfrog:

zimpirate:

Yeah, man, it totally sucks when the people paying you to do something give you a deadline, promote the show to all hell (using advertising space that otherwise they could probably be selling) and then you don't meet it. And then they, being actual people, have holidays and vacation time, and the whiny little community keeps crying and crying about not having their FREE entertainment because they don't understand how businesses actually work.

Sorry, but as a long term reader of The Escapist (and admitted fan of Brawl) who was watching those forums in disgust over the entitlement and whining that people weren't taking time off their holidays to bring you free shit when it was delivered to them late? I had to finally register because the attitude of everyone like you shouldn't spill over here. Keep that cancer contained to those forums and learn how the real world actually works, sonny. When you have a contract, you deliver.

Odd you got suspended for those sentiments then.

OT: Thanks for the heads up about the release date. :D

Woot! and luckily I don't have too work ;D

Forget the Ball dropping into the New Decade, There Will Be Brawl is much more important! lol

Thank you for posting this up! Cheers Sir!

lambi89:
For real real, not for play play?

For real real

We have it, it's here at the office, and it will come out on Friday. Also, I've watched it, just to make sure I don't lie to you folks.

After I watched it, I looked in my dictionary and There Will Be Brawl's finale was listed as the first entry under "fucking awesome".

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here