The Escapist Staff's Five Faves of 2009: Lauren

Editorial Assistant, Lauren Admire, shares her top five games of 2009.

Read Full Article

That was a fairly unique top 5. Although can't say the top 1 was a surprise, that game is great. But the others where not expected.

I'd probably agree with this mostly (maybe not Aion), especially DA:O, but to be honest I'm just glad MW2 wasn't mentioned.

I'm going to guess from this list that you mainly play PC games.

I actually did the "Help Manorek find his wife" quest today, so I lol'd when that was mentioned.
Aion makes me a sad panda though, it was so so promising. =[

It's also good to see casual games getting a mention.
Great list.

Wow, Dragon Age is dominating.

I like it a lot, but the donkey's arse graphics and fiddly comabat aren't to my taste.

I just put it on easy mode and enjoy the talky bits.

It will fill the time nicely until a certain other Bioware game arrives...

Finally someone placed "The Sims" in one of these lists. I find it funny that the Sims can be the number one top selling Video Game of all time... yet no one will talk about it, like there embarrassed by it.

LMAO hot voice o.o.

Dragon Age: Origins just gets more and more attractive. I would have bought it already, but my PC doesn't have the cohones, and the console version doesn't seem as appealing.

Well, it's Dragon Age 3 : Modern Warfare 2 1.

Great. Now I wanna play Diner Dash...I kicked the casual game habit years ago, too!

MUST. RESIST. URGE.

Nincompoop:
Dragon Age: Origins just gets more and more attractive. I would have bought it already, but my PC doesn't have the cohones

The minimum system requirements are very low. A high end computer from 8-10 years ago could probably run it.

So then it's safe to say that DA:O is the Escapist's game of the year? I really thought that Bioware coulda done better, and that 120 hours of gameplay does not a good game make, but stil, it's got Alistair, so I can't argue.

Also, Aion sounds like alot of wasted potential from what I'm hearing. Maybe after the expansion pack.

No one seems to find it funny that when you were talking to Avernus, YOU WERE ON FIRE!

What spell is doing that anyway? Flame Weapons?

Really!? Six of these videos have been posted, and not one mentions Demon's Souls...

Also, why does everyone love Bioware so much?

Eric the Orange:
I'm going to guess from this list that you mainly play PC games.

It seems that way, lol.

Surprisued to see Aion in there, but, I can see somewhat why.

Xvito:
Really!? Six of these videos have been posted, and not one mentions Demon's Souls...

Because bioware makes the best RPG's humanity has ever known (KOTOR, Mass Effect, Baldurs's Gate and now Dragon age). They shouldn't be loved, they should be worshipped

O right, almost forgot my top 5:

5. nananananananana Batman! (Arkham Asylum)
4. Plants vs. Zombies
3. Wii sports resort
2. Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves (I know, everybody mentions it, but it is just a great game)
1. Dragon Age Origins ( Duh XD)

So you don't like Jack Black

i liked him in high fidelity, which is my favorite movie of all time, but other than that no.

you don't like metal

no, not really, or at least i didn't before getting this game.

and you're pretty sure the only God of Metal cameo you'll recognize is Ozzy Osbourne.

true, and it feels like such a shame, cause i know when a metal god is doing the voice, but i have no idea who they are.

Not an excuse. Get this game. Get this game if nothing but for its graphics.

whoa what?, this might be my tv, even though its hd ready and everything the game still looks pixely and, well not good, but the art style, damn!

despite everything brutal legend had to overcome for me it's still one of my favorite games of this year, and so far i ahve only seen 2 errors, or moments that needed some polish (im 94% done).

Heh, dunno how you got Aion videos without bots everywhere. Also Sims 3? Really?

ElArabDeMagnifico:

Nah, just the character got set alight in a battle just beforehand. I'm not up to that bit with Avernus, or whatever he's called, but I've had plenty of post-battle dialogue scenes with my characters on fire. I'm playing on normal, so I don't bother getting my mage main character to avoid hitting her party with that flame breath spell. Yay for no friendly fire!

Cpt_Oblivious:
Well, it's Dragon Age 3 : Modern Warfare 2 1.

Who had MW2, and where did they put it? I'd look myself, but my browser likes closing after every other window for some reason, so it's easier to ask.

Anyways, This is a fairly good list. Dragon Age was a truely great game, so it being number 1 is easily understood. Not entirely sure I'd put Sims 3 in my Top 5, it was a good game, but I personally think there was better.

Oh, right, my Top 5 or whatever, since some others are doing it

Tropico 3
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Dragon Age: Origins
inFamous

and every one of these except for dragon age origins dissapointed me.

harhol:

Nincompoop:
Dragon Age: Origins just gets more and more attractive. I would have bought it already, but my PC doesn't have the cohones

The minimum system requirements are very low. A high end computer from 8-10 years ago could probably run it.

Okay, but there is also something wrong with my GPU. It gets overheated. So if I play something which requires a bit of power, it may get too hot and crash.

But it's nice to know. A new cheap GPU might do the job.

Lauren Admire:

Editorial Assistant, Lauren Admire, shares her top five games of 2009.

Read Full Article

Lauren you bring me science AND my favorite top 5 games list of the year! Excellent!

Xvito:

Well it's a (1) challenging (2) Japanese (3) PS3 exclusive. We don't like those types of games around these here parts.

Xvito:

Because in the horrifyingly dull world of WRPGs, Bioware's games are outstanding in their tediousness.

fine dont mention modern warfare 2 assassins creed 2 uncharted 2 or left for dead 2. this top 5 sounds like it came from my 8 year old sister. choose diner dash over lfd2 now thats serious bad judgment

latenightapplepie:

ElArabDeMagnifico:

Nah, just the character got set alight in a battle just beforehand. I'm not up to that bit with Avernus, or whatever he's called, but I've had plenty of post-battle dialogue scenes with my characters on fire. I'm playing on normal, so I don't bother getting my mage main character to avoid hitting her party with that flame breath spell. Yay for no friendly fire!

The best thing, is to use spells on NPCs. I loved freezing an NPC solid, and then initiating a conversation with them. They would either continue talking while frozen solid, or they would immediately thaw - and act like it never happened.

I liked this top 5 except for aion that game disappointed the hell out of me.

brainslurper:
fine dont mention modern warfare 2 assassins creed 2 uncharted 2 or left for dead 2. this top 5 sounds like it came from my 8 year old sister. choose diner dash over lfd2 now thats serious bad judgment

Your appalling spelling and grammar aside, have you not heard of personal choice? These are all a personal choice for each of the people doing the write-ups and video supplements. If it was based on metacritic scores, then all of these people would be choosing the same five (or six, if you're a cheater like Russ) games.

Has it slipped past you that all these games are PC games, and perhaps Lauren doesn't play console only games? Maybe she doesn't play FPSs? Maybe she doesn't have any interest in the games you mention?

ElArabDeMagnifico:

latenightapplepie:

ElArabDeMagnifico:

The best thing, is to use spells on NPCs. I loved freezing an NPC solid, and then initiating a conversation with them. They would either continue talking while frozen solid, or they would immediately thaw - and act like it never happened.

I found that hilarious the first time it occurred. I had cast Blizzard right before the battle ended, so I carried out the entire conversation during an ice storm.

brainslurper:

Different strokes for different folks, you know? An interesting top 5 anyway, out of which I can only comment on Dragon Age (the demo of Brutal Legend probably isn't enough to go on). but on the subject on of this top 5, it's just a pity I don't know any charming sounding young ladies who are proficient in grinding here in this rainswept (or, given recent weather, should that be "snowswept"?) little isle. :P

Furburt:
I'd probably agree with this mostly (maybe not Aion), especially DA:O, but to be honest I'm just glad MW2 wasn't mentioned.

i knew the one person with sense on this thread would be u

brainslurper:

i love l4d2 but do you notice the fact that your suggestions are all sequels? oh and personal choice, blah blah blah

Wow, I really Admire Lauren, but her five faves are so removed from my personal experience it's not even funny. I guess I played The Sims... once... like, maybe eight years ago? It was cool?

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)