There Will Be Brawl: Episode 10

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

antigodoflife:

robert632:
i felt annoyed, as the ending wasn't exactly...an end, as kirby, who was more or less the villian, was still alive. still a good episode and seris. just that last scene of kirby left it to open.

Ever watched silence of the lambs? Kirby was for the entire series ripping the movie off, and in some cases so were the other characters.

there will be brawl finished the same way Silence of the Lambs did.

So if you can muster up more nintendo characters, this calls for Season 2 of The Will Be Brawl, ripping off that piece of crap 'Hannibal' - or a prequel, and rip off 'Red Dragon'

Great Series Guys!

i haven't really watched silence of the lambs, but i just really hate when stuff "ends" with open endings. to me, open endings=BS.

i hope they do a prequel to this series where they pursue and catch kirby (seeing kirby wearing Daisy's face as a hat would be disturbingly awesome). Also make a sequel to this, but it's hard to say where it would go since sooo many characters died in this series there's not many left to make a story about.

awesome episode as always. The characters, dialogue, costumes, props, it all merges amazingly together.

a lot of the questions asked here are already answered on the twbb forum really :P

About a sequal

About the Dvd

Great ending for a great series. Hope it comes on dvd.

robert632:

i haven't really watched silence of the lambs, but i just really hate when stuff "ends" with open endings. to me, open endings=BS.

I hadn't seen silence of the lambs either, so I looked it up on youtube. They have the full movie up there If you're interested, this is a link to part 11 (final part) of the movie, if you watch from about 5:30 on you'll see the resemblance to the TWBB ending. Don't watch if you plan to watch the movie and don't want it spoiled though, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM_KgPAZrYU

Wow that was absolutely amazing. Of course everyone saw the whole Kirby disguised as Meta Knight thing but Lucas and Ness being the butchers, I don't now if anyone even guessed that they would be them.

Such an epic episode. I hope that there will be a sequel with such a cliffhanger of an end that one was. If not then I hope a DVD will come out.

Great job to the cast and crew and everyone. I absolutely loved it!!!

IronChuck:

Holy. F-ing. Shiat.

Not as epic a brawl I was hoping for in the closing, but a solid ending, just the same.

You know, thinking back on this one, small criticism, I think I need to readdress; for what you folks had, you sure put together one heck of a solid finish to a spectacular series.

I think I'd also like to add that it's going to be hard for me to see these some of these characters in up coming movie renditions and think to myself; "Oh, that's not Link. They should have gotten Tony Rago," or, "I'm sorry, but Becky Young is the only real Samus Aran."

Say, how hard do you think it'd be to edit Matt and Paul into that really crappy Mario movie?

Okay, so now I'm inspired to pen my own adaptation of a cult video game classic. Any takers?

robert632:

antigodoflife:

robert632:
i felt annoyed, as the ending wasn't exactly...an end, as kirby, who was more or less the villian, was still alive. still a good episode and seris. just that last scene of kirby left it to open.

Ever watched silence of the lambs? Kirby was for the entire series ripping the movie off, and in some cases so were the other characters.

So if you can muster up more nintendo characters, this calls for Season 2 of The Will Be Brawl, ripping off that piece of crap 'Hannibal' - or a prequel, and rip off 'Red Dragon'

Great Series Guys!

Except the concept was that the ending works in the context of SSBM and SSBB, and that seems like a pretty open area to me.

As for the episode, it was amazing. Not quite what I expected, but far more than I would have expected as well.

Rathy:

robert632:

antigodoflife:

robert632:

Great Series Guys!

Except the concept was that the ending works in the context of SSBM and SSBB, and that seems like a pretty open area to me.

As for the episode, it was amazing. Not quite what I expected, but far more than I would have expected as well.

sorry if i'm alitlle ignorant about stuff, but what was the context of ssbm and ssbb? you mean the single player game(not the SSE.)? i really don't get it.

swansman:
I love this series, plz make a dvd.

They are

OT: That was... pure brilliance.
I've never... I'm at loss for words!

I've watched it about 4 times now.... it's...
brilliant

Awesome ending, thank you for a great series, hope to see something similiar to it with the sasme people again.

robert632:

sorry if i'm alitlle ignorant about stuff, but what was the context of ssbm and ssbb? you mean the single player game(not the SSE.)? i really don't get it.

The fact that Smash Brothers in general has no ending, just a never ending battle that always gets renewed in some way. Defining a clear 'happy' end kind of ruins the point of Smash Brothers as a series as I see it.

Not bad. I liked a lot of things about the series. Considering the resource limitations and restraints I thought the costumes and special effects were really well done. The fight choreography was probably my least favorite part though, and sometimes the characters would get a little too chatty. I really like the musical adaptations, those were pretty creative. Good independent work. Maybe this will be the stepping stone for something with a budget worthy of its potential, either way, things can only get better from here.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your kind words! Not only that but for all of you who have been with us through the whole series and shown your love and support. This was a passion project for all involved and we had an AMAZING time doing it! We've all made new friends and gained new respect for all of the cast and crew.

A special thanks to Matt/Zach/Kevin/Christian/Damian/JoEllen/Vanessa/Diana/Jennifer and the entire team for putting your hours and hours into scouting locations, setting up, doing the AMAZING costumes and makeup and keeping the set a fun/happy and amazing place to work.

Hands down, the BEST production team/cast I have ever worked with!!

a fantastic ending to a wondefully dark series, congrats to all of you and thanks for giving us such a bizarrely great tale

Bravo guys, bravo. Lucas and Ness? Hell i didn't see that one coming but the story surrounding that was damn impressive. Plus i did like the nods to SotL.

Also, loved the cape and star bits for Mario, i had a huge nostalgia smile going for those scenes.

So, about that DVD. I'll give you anything you want.

Rathy:

robert632:

The fact that Smash Brothers in general has no ending, just a never ending battle that always gets renewed in some way. Defining a clear 'happy' end kind of ruins the point of Smash Brothers as a series as I see it.

yes, but they called this the seris finale, meaning probably no more episodes, and yet left kirby to do something in the "tower" for some reason, as if this is really just a season finale, and they are going to make more.

That was so awesome, made me sad though when some of the characters got killed, and the ending sent chills in my spine

Anyone else cried with Mario at the end? I sure did :'(

Wow, just wow. I don't think I've enjoyed something this much in a while. You guys did a stellar job and I would love to see what else you guys can pull off. This is truly and epic work. Will be added to the collection of DVDs I find worthy of buying, with is quite selective. :P Hope you guys keep up the awesome work with some new project and thank you for this awesome show. It was truly worth the wait.

That was absolutely frigginŽ....Man, that was satisfying. IŽm very appoint. So appoint, in fact, that IŽll have to go vote for these guys again *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*.
Seriously guys, do it; Vote. They deserve it.

awesome. nice ending too.

ZOMG that was amazing! though it seems like their will be a season 2... from the ending.

dadanman:
I hope the escapist is throwing money,thai hookers, and used xbox 360 at your feet to make either a squeal or alternate series. (* HINT HINT ESCAPIST*) if not I'm sure you can make demands.

side note: I;m gonna get a lot of people saying "xbox 360 games? why not wii you artard, this is a nintendo rendition." Look I'm a big nintendo fan boy but even I don't bust mine out too often. please no flaming just keep it on the awesome presentation.

=]

but no really, really hope there's more here in 2010
the action was about as satisfying as actually playing brawl (sorry...>:[ just saying) but the story and premise is as amazing as ever xD

That was excellent! Man, I am glad that you guys made that ending. Thanks alot! And Escapist better have something just as epic and soon!

Supp:
Aaaaaaaaargh, she's a pirate!

Also, I think we could build a temple from all these bricks we just shat.

Lol at the credits:

Matt Key: Awesome

And one of the donors was Captain Morgan..

That was... Amazing x20... I'm for the DVD idea. Although it was realllly graphic in the tower.

SteveBurger:
I will never see these characters the same way again.

I second that.

Holy mother of shit! EPICNESS!

I'm so buying the DVD!

If there isn't a season 2, I'll be really, really sad.

Thank you, cast and crew of There Will Be Brawl. My face just exploded off and I think my brain is suffering a catastrophic meltdown of awesome and win.

That was amazing. I loved the entire series and let me add my voice to the "DVD Get!" crowd.

i like the series very much, and the ending was good, but what was the end about? did Kirby take over the Nintendo Corporation?

combat90:
i like the series very much, and the ending was good, but what was the end about? did Kirby take over the Nintendo Corporation?

Have you seen the newest Nintendo franchise games? It's as if they just ripped the skin off of beloved characters, removed their insides, then put them in crappy games just to cash in on image recognition.

On that note, nice commentary there guys.

Aw, shit, Kirby was in Miyamoto's office to kill him? Or what?

All in all, I can't believe I stopped watching at episode... Er, whatever the one was when Luigi said the "It will be a brawl" thing. I guess it just turned me off, what with the whole beginning being so dark and, frankly, kind of stupid. But the story, hot damn. You really have a gifted mind, Grafton. I'm glad there was the quiz, cause that's the thing that got me watching for the last few days.

This is just some powerful shit. Plus, the happy ending(?)

I see a lot of people questioning the reason for the ending but, let me just remind everyone that this entire series is a "film noir" take on the mushroom kingdom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir This is a great article that talks about what a Film Noir is.

It was a really powerful ending.
It will stand as a monument to all you have made. Well done. It was a most enjoyable series.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here