There Will Be Brawl: Episode 10

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

I have to ask - who where the kids? I don't reckonise them from any game, but thats not overly surprising as I haven't played all the Nintendo series'.

epsilon246:

coxafloppin:
So much death!
Mewtwo looked awesome.
Samus is still hot with an eyepatch
Amazing
Didnt fully understand the ending though!

the eyepatch was to big though.
But i have one little complaint, how the hell did ness and lucas overpower mewtwo, they may be stong phsycics but mewtwo caused a planet wide storm with his mind alone how the hell were they supposed to match that.

becuse mewtwo was the one who trained them i think. it was mewtwo who started the orphanige wasent it?

what i want to know is why the game and watch's were aparently evil, yet their was one as a bartender near the beginning of the show. (when we are first introduced to falcon)

tamerman:

epsilon246:

coxafloppin:
So much death!
Mewtwo looked awesome.
Amazing

But i have one little complaint, how the hell did ness and lucas overpower mewtwo, they may be stong phsycics but mewtwo caused a planet wide storm with his mind alone how the hell were they supposed to match that.

becuse mewtwo was the one who trained them i think. it was mewtwo who started the orphanige wasent it?

what i want to know is why the game and watch's were aparently evil, yet their was one as a bartender near the beginning of the show. (when we are first introduced to falcon)

Everyone keeps bringing this up. What's to stop a G&W from posing as a regular citizen? It seems in no way a plot hole to me. He was around before any of the other characters, but by the time of the plot line, had been lowered to working as a cab driver. Seems as good of a reason to be bitter as any. Additionally, the treatment of G&W in the series was similar to the way his character was exploited by the villains in the actual game.

What I want to know is why this finale has summoned a storm of poor spelling and grammatical failure.

And congratulations, Mercer. Great job.

This saddened, sickened and terrified me. I loved every fucking minute of it, even though I will now constantly be on the watch for pink marshmellow things....

Redem:

werewolfsfury:

Redem:

werewolfsfury:

least favorite part: ness and lucas are evil?! what the crap!

Should I have Paranoia Agent flashback?

wait what does that mean?

Heh well the revelation Ness and Lucas are the killer (with the baseball bat)and the level of mindscrew kinda remind me of Paranoid agent because the main killer of the serie is lil slugger who has a baseball bat and according to tv tropes the serie has a lot of deconstruction of anime like There will be brawl a deconstruction of video game character

Yep, glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

And the part with the "gallery of trophies"? Br... Dear God in HEAVEN that was terrifying! Especially Peach.. gaaahh! And when they showed us who the real murderers were, I was in COMPLETE SHOCK. So did not see that one coming...

Not to say that we didn't have some awesome moments, such as Link coming to the rescue (...but not succeding, which took a bit out of it), Mario blasting the giant octopus, Luigi making a great explosion, Samus rolling into battle, Leaf getting revenge of Wario with Jigglypuff... the list goes on and on.

But the end was... unnerving to say the least. ESPECIALLY HOW Kirby survived and is apparently in control of Nintendo, having klled Sakurai and going after Miyamoto...! Gotta give them credit, though. They took a normally sweet, cute and innocnet-looking character and turned him into a killer so freaky he makes the Joker look almost tame by comparison! (And the fact that I think he sounds an awful lot like Guilmon in the English dub of Digimon Tamers DOES NOT HELP AT ALL.)

But all in all, this is a great series, very compelling and well-done. Congradulations, and I'll be waiting for the DVDS (and possibly any prequels/sequels, if any).

Book:

Lopunny:
I loved the ending, but he has a point, when Mario fought Donkey Kong in a bar, wasnt Game and Watch a bartender there?

i thought that was the point - game and watch was everywhere - bartender, taxi driver, jail cells...

edit: whoops, nearly forgot to mention how awesome this series was. a truly amazing ending!

Wow, i forgot about his other appearances, you're right, makes him seem more insidious, slowly popping up everywhere....

Holy hell what a great miniseries!!!!

Congratulations that was one hell of a final episode.

The DVD will fucking be mine.

Looks like he won't die that easily *points at end of video*

great series btw, loved it a lot. I wonder if there will be a new season out, or at least i hope there is.

An awesome series the dedication and hard work put into it was phenomenal. Loved the costumes the story and the children, I mean freaking children! as the destructive sick and perverted force bringing down the nintendo world *puts down controller*. If even half the effort goes into the next escapist series then I'll watch it. Thanks guys for an awesome series.

i thought Snake would appear again to save the day but awell good finale

A great conclusion for a great series!

please make another web show now and if it is half as epic as the first it would still be 10/10

Quite an enjoyable series. When Luigi used the Fire Flower, I kept expecting him to start fighting Ganon. Even if he didn't, in the end, it ended quite fantastically. The ending left enough questions for people to chatter about and theorize for some time, I'm certain, and I'll gladly be on the lookout for any sequels that may come out, or any other work you guys do.

It was one hell of a ride, and I'm happy to of been around for it. Well done guys, and get some well deserved sleep after all that!

Great ending but I gotta say, the whole Link battale was a little dumb, especially right after he says "I'm at full health." then dies. If he and Ganon had an actual battle in there it wouldve worked, but as it stands it seems like the scene was rushed through for the sake of a deadline.
Warrio too. After all that and a Jigglypuff gets him? No.

Otherwise it was all unadulterated badassness...

epsilon246:

coxafloppin:
So much death!
Mewtwo looked awesome.
Amazing

I for one wonder how the hell Samus managed to get a more permanent wounds than Luigi, but thaht's probably what you get when you have a lifebar rather than a plateformer all or nothing life

Congrats to everyone who worked on There Will Be Brawl! That was a perfect ending to a perfect series! I hope to see more projects from all of you! And thank you for creating a show that has truly inspired and entertained!

Was the little pink girl at the end Baby Peach?

It's been an honor to have watched this fine series, thank you all so much for working so hard on this series for the past year or so.

One small question though, how are you able to make the dvd for this? I can only guess at the legal nightmare you guys might suffer if Nintendo ever found out about it.

Rakkana:
Was the little pink girl at the end Baby Peach?

Paula another character from EarthBound

epsilon246:

But i have one little complaint, how the hell did ness and lucas overpower mewtwo.

Bat to head.

lotr rocks 0:
Took me a second to figure it out, but I lol'ed at Kirby behind Miyamoto's Desk at the end. The butcher lives and hes butchering our 1st party nintendo games!!!

yep next up the konami ppresdent (crosses fingers)
ot well done guys i creid a bit it was sad well done

Can't say I liked Kirby being alive in the ending. I wished Luigi had shoryukened him to the sun. But art doesn't have to be always pleasant.

Fantastic series.

I'm can't be original and a say something that hasn't already been said... so I won't:

Great series and a great finale!

This was a great great show and thank you for making it for us.

Talcon:

Gunblade7303:
and what type of questions would you have?

You seem like the kind of person who wants to "debunk" my criticisms, which is lame, but whatever.

Here's more questions I have. Link was stabbed through the chest by Zelda.

Zelda kisses Ganon, then tries to stop him, then kisses him again. I know in this series she's bipolar, but that's just stupid.

Pay closer attention, the last kiss was forced. Ganon grabbed her and she was frightened and confused.

That's not closure, that's hinting at a sequel. Half the time I felt like they were talking in generalizations, I could not get into the story, it just didn't come together for me.

As has been said before, Almost everything about Kirby was ripped straight from Silence of the Lambs. The end was a continuation of that. It's called a cliffhanger ending, kids.

Obviously. Why do you think he was struggling and twitching?

The very fact I have these questions and that you need to explain it to me is telling the series didn't do well enough on it's own to answer the questions, regardless of what anyone says after the fact.

The series did a very good job of explaining everything, a lot of it was just subtle. The answers shouldn't always be right in your face. People should have to think a little. That's the point. Everything was really clear, you just need to pay attention.

Doug:
I have to ask - who where the kids? I don't reckonise them from any game, but thats not overly surprising as I haven't played all the Nintendo series'.

In case you´re still wondering, they were Ness from Earthbound (Mother 2) and Lucas from Mother 3, as far as I know.

great stuff. wont look at those characters the same ever again

lotr rocks 0:
Took me a second to figure it out, but I lol'ed at Kirby behind Miyamoto's Desk at the end. The butcher lives and hes butchering our 1st party nintendo games!!!

True dat, true dat.

Talcon:
[quote="Gunblade7303" post="6.164931.4338829"]and what type of questions would you have?

You seem like the kind of person who wants to "debunk" my criticisms, which is lame, but whatever.

Here's more questions I have. Link was stabbed through the chest by Zelda.

You didnt see? He had a full health item he used. Plus these people are heroes!!

I just don't know what to say. That was great but sad. It was definitely worth the wait though.

Fantastic series, they've really outdone themselves.

Some say sequel, I say leave it as it is and do something different.

BTW, I was suprised to see that TWBB has an entry on imdb
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1428410/

i started watching There Will Be Brawl when there were only 8 episodes and i was so blown away by the first one i watched the first 8 in 1 day. this series is like a dream come true and i hope that a dvd comes out soon as well as more episodes if possible.

Those were really nice series, probably my favorite ones on Escapist to date. Great job...

The ending (in general) was great. No generic goodie-2 shoes hero saving everyone and everything going back to normal. There has to be at least a few significant deaths, sacrifices if you wish... Great plot, either way.

Oh, and I first took the octopus for C'thulu... But then I remembered my childhood and how annoying that little game was...

wow wow wow! now thats what an internet movie series should be like... simply amazing
even with the eye patch samus was still a babe

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or