Unskippable: The Last Remnant

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The Last Remnant

Graham and Paul get swept into a massive battle of sub-epic proportion.

Watch Video

That...
Was.
AWESOME!
I thought this game was great, but damn, you guys made it funnier than it was.

muhaha
that was quite good.

the full feature, including gameplay, i like it!
should do an actual full film sometime!

Throwback to Eternal Sonata yay!

Well. what an odd game.
Still, it was a good Unskippable :D
Still, an odd game.

Square's attempt at starting a new franchise kinda failed, huh?

But the music was FANTASTIC.

AND YOU PLAYED A GAME!

And battles don't usually take so long between orders, its just that you have a lot of units in the intro, iirc.

Wow, I liked the game, but this was great. I'm never going to be able to look at the Gae Bolg the same way again.

Thank GOD I'm not the only one who found the Gae Bolg in that game unsettling! Don't get me wrong, Last Remnant is a decent enough game and I had a ton of fun playing it, but damn did that Giant Penis Attack creep me out every time. It even has two balls...

and here i thought you guys were shaking things up with actually playing a bit of the game...
duped again =(

funny as always

A giant metal penis shooting questinable "white stuff" out of it? Good show boys good shows

JRPGs are sooooo easy to take jabs at, they're really repetitive in style and plot haha!

Heh. Last Remnant was one of the last jRPGs I played that I actually enjoyed, but the battle system was obtuse as hell until you got the hang of it. At least you can't really lose that first battle. :P

Funny vid, anyway. The "his upper half is excited, but his lower half is very disappointed in you" bit cracked me up.

Now it makes sense, Endor is Purgatory. Now I understand Return of the Jedi

Well, they just had to do it at some point. I mean, the game just gets worse cutscene wise by the second.

Wasn't your LRR video suppose to come to escapist today?

"Tony Hawk's Pro Rockslider....."

Bad puns...I LOVE IT!

Gameplay? Woaaaahhhh... I would comment properly but my mind is blown.

I read it as Gay Bulge. I played LR and didn't enjoy it much at all. I did however enjoy this video!

I can't believe it's been a year already.
Happy Birthday, Unskippable!!!!

Remember: the larger the gun the smaller the penis, so this guys genitals should be...

Ah you guys have done it again.

This was one of the worst games ever. Don't know how many times I had low health and this game refused to allow me to health myself. they don't use exp. to build your characters but how many fights you had and you to fight a lot of monster to get items to upgrade weapons some of these items have 1.5% drop rate you should start to see the problem. You don't really control the characters you make suggestion to what they should do. The story is crap to say the least. Your parent are two the most famous people in the land everyone knows your sister but no one has a clue to who you are.

Do you get the feeling that guy with the eye patch is compensating for something?
On a different note, you guys just convinced me not to try this game.

YES!!!!!! Eternal Sonata reference ftw.

And here I read it as Gay Bulge. huh.

Donbett1974:
This was one of the worst games ever.

Exaggerate much? It's not game of the year quality but it's not a bad game, just mediocre - it tried some new things and few of them worked - but hey, at least they tried.

Don't know how many times I had low health and this game refused to allow me to health myself. they don't use exp. to build your characters but how many fights you had and you to fight a lot of monster to get items to upgrade weapons some of these items have 1.5% drop rate you should start to see the problem.

Well that's why they are rare items...besides, you obviously don't understand the battle system - and it's learning the system and working out strategies that makes this game enjoyable. First of all you're not supposed to fight most creatures, having a high battle rank is a bad thing as all bosses scale with you, you're supposed to fight stronger enemies than you - fighting weaker enemies doesn't help.

You don't really control the characters you make suggestion to what they should do.

So it's different to most turn-based RPG's...I don't see the issue.

The story is crap to say the least. Your parent are two the most famous people in the land everyone knows your sister but no one has a clue to who you are.

You live on an island in the middle of nowhere and your parents are only famous because they research Remnants by travelling to "The Sacred Lands"...why would anyone know you? The story isn't as bad as you claim - sure the ending is terrible, some character cliché and the start confusing - but the world was interesting, a few character stood out and there were some nice cut-scenes.

OT: Hilarious as always - in fact watching this has made me want to go replay the game again...

Squeenix kinda put its head on the block for this one. I mean wow that battle system made my head hurt.

I have this.

Its pretty meh to be honest.

Its been 6 months and I STILL havnt beatnen the Gates of Hell >.>....

gameplay?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

this is oficially the best Unskippable in ages.

You should do a full film where you make fun of the entire game, including game play. (although you'll probably run out of jokes)

We injected rabbits with frog genes so the rabbits can hop.

Rabbits do that anyways.

Dammit

lol.

I love it whenever they use their sad voices. Hilarious stuff guys.

Hats off, that was excellent.

But after watching this it makes me think that Assassins Creed 2 would work in a similar fashion, as most of the first 10 minutes is just you moving your character as exposition is dumped on you.

aw fantastic well done
and very good reference with the eternal sonata

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook