Unskippable: The Last Remnant

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Good show! The gameplay bit was a nice mix up even if you did only hit 4 buttons.
When does LRR start getting payed for their brilliance, hmmm?

(yes top of page!)

That was awesome, i liked how you used gameplay this time, It's a cool way to keep the series fresh.

Is the Gae Bulge just a giant penis extension?
Will our nameless protagonist actually do something relevant to the story?
Find out next week, same Unskippable time
Same Unskippable Channel.

i've tried watching it, but the internets being a bitch... i'll try again later

lmao it DOES look like a penis!!!
hrmm
another great vid.. cant wait for part twoo?

So are we really continuing Last Remnant next week or was that a threat to get us to eat our broccoli?
And somewhere in the universe, it does translate to Gay Bulge. May as well be our corner.
Actual gameplay ftw! Even if 7/8's of it is spectating. :D

That. Was brilliant. Perfect new year throwback to Eternal Sonata!

I.. I just quote anything because all of it is quotable. You guys absolutely blitzed this one!

Later on, if you really wanted to rip it a new one, it's Squad and Turn based RPG gameplay adds Quick Time Events, so that you actually do something while watching the battle play out. Only, it's occasional.

Also, "Ahhh, The Last Remnant's legendary slow down." Everyone else, if you have a decent computer, buy it on Steam. It's a better version, and the slowdown is nonexistant (if you stay within your computer's graphical capabilities, of course).

Omg ROFL that was the best one since the human experiment fair.

By far the FUNIEST one yet. " And should I be concerned on what that white stuff coming out the end is?" "No you should not." I laughed for 2 minutes straight.

Best one yet!

I'm still wiping tears of laughter away now.

Great from beginning ("Well, this is an encouraging start.") to end("Do I want to know what the white stuff coming out of the end is?"), that one. I'm gonna enjoy the new year.

I certainly didnt see the gameplay bit coming, but it still came ouot funny.

Ahahahah what a horrible game.

Your scripting is awesome :D
Best episode ever!

"Gay Blog"

"IRINA!"
"...Quake 3: Irina?"

And that was the part I almost spit my salad all over my keyboard. I should KNOW better than to eat while watching Unskippable.

All you old school gamers- remember how you used to play games like Romance of the Three Kingdoms or Ogre Battle and wish you could really see what was going on down on the battlefield? Well, now you know better, don't you?

We should be glad they didn't start us off with an Ambiguously Gae Bolg and keep us wondering for half the game.

Oh god they played the Xbox 360 version! Great comedy and yeah the protagonist is a very flat character but like any RPG it takes a while(like 5 hours) to actually get to the good stuff where the player can actually interact with the combat.

Also yeah I never thought about Last Remnant as just one big movie but yeah even the combat holds about the same level of graphics as their movie sequences.

Overall if you can grin and bear the start try it out but only for the PC and I cannot stress that enough. I rented the Xbox version once and even with the game installed on the hard drive the game still ran like crap. Also on the PC version there is more freedom. Overall I'd play another Last Remnant game with a battle system like it.

I do have to ask Unskippable, did you guys install the game on the hard drive or just play off the disk?

I actually play this game LOL.

I'll tell you a little somthing that just bugs the hell outta me about it. When I first started this game and gotten past the part where I play as "Insert Protagonists name here" and save that one "Old chick name insert here" from the giant "insert monster name here". It wasn't like the war cutsense in the video. So here is what I put up with. The Voice acting and how well it was corrordinated. Oh dear god, It was like a 2 second delay after every line was said so it was like so.

I'm bored

Response?

Yeah Thats what I had to put up with and STILL AM.

I enjoy the game though...it does have that, but I still enjoy it.

EDIT: Btw its pronounced Ga-Blong

my favorite bit was the "hide behind the interface and attack with suprise line"
hope you had a lovley holiday guys!

Fondly,

Nice vid, man. I remember when this was coming out and I heard it was made using the Unreal engine. I thought, "Finally, an epic JRPG with male characters that look male and a gritty looking environment!"
-What did I get? Shitty frame rate issues, horrible story, crap visuals, and an unimaginative (in regards to originality) world. My hopes were dashed once again, just like in Infinite Undescovery (by the way, thanks for that vid too).

Psst. Don't let Hideo Kojima hear about your idea of a game in which you just select 'shoot some guys over the next five minutes'. He'll base an entire franchise, spanning five console generations and over fifteen games, over it.

Nothing like seeing unskippable tear into a Square Enix game. Maybe its the cultural divide but I have always found their intro's to be a tad strained in the emotional departement. Except in Final Fantasy X, that was awesome!

FFX Intro on Youtube

Allright, that was a good JRPG mockery.

I do have a suggestion though, You should try to superimpose yourselves on the screen like the guys in Mystery science theatre 3000 did. Like be at the bottom of the screen like you are watching a movie.

Frigging brilliant.

I think the JRPG genre alone could keep these guys in business for years.

Hahahaha "gay blog"! This has got to be the funniest one yet!

Tdc2182:

I do have a suggestion though, You should try to superimpose yourselves on the screen like the guys in (correct me if I'm wrong) Space theatre 3000 did. Like be at the bottom of the screen like you are watching a movie.

Mystery Science Theater 3000, or MST3K for short.

Awesome Anniversary vid guys, way to bring it full circle. I bet you have next years Eternal Sonata figured out too, haha.

Onyx Oblivion:
Square's attempt at starting a new franchise kinda failed, huh?

But the music was FANTASTIC.

AND YOU PLAYED A GAME!

And battles don't usually take so long between orders, its just that you have a lot of units in the intro, iirc.

There is also turbo mode :)

Ah, the Last Remnant. A game that will make you wonder what the hell is going on several times a minute. Great video, and it pretty well sums up my feelings about JRPG combat.

"Tony Hawks Pro Rockslider" has "Really gone downhill"

Hahaha, that was great.

nosole:

Tdc2182:

I do have a suggestion though, You should try to superimpose yourselves on the screen like the guys in (correct me if I'm wrong) Space theatre 3000 did. Like be at the bottom of the screen like you are watching a movie.

Mystery Science Theater 3000, or MST3K for short.

Awesome Anniversary vid guys, way to bring it full circle. I bet you have next years Eternal Sonata figured out too, haha.

Oh right, thanks. I'll change it now

Prepare to be fired upon by the Dong of Destiny! Reminded me of a certain sequence from the Austin Powers movies.

lol that thing looked like a penis great episode the intro of the game is weird

ROFL that was another great episode you guy!!! i really like......well all of it, but the comments u made at the begining set a great state of mid for the rest of the vid =)

lmao awsome vid guys

Probably my favourite Unskippable ever.

I loved the "Which idiots in particular?" joke.

Good stuff

Hoo Boy this game did not look fun, this is from a fan of JRPGs christ Square, we KNOW you can do better than that, you made Parasite Eve and Kingdom Hearts for christs sake.

This is even a step beyond regular JRPGs at least then if I say ATTACK they just slice it doesn't take an hour.

Even disgaea a series BUILT upon overly drawn out explosions has an option to turn them off!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here