Rebecca Mayes Muses: Guitar Hero

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Guitar Hero

Cheap toy guitars never rocked so hard. A very special thanks to everyone that uploaded footage!

Watch Video

Amazing! I never expected I would've made it into the video!

The music sounds a bit too hard for my taste, because I'm not that fond of hard rock. But it still is quite a good song! And yes, it feels good to ride the virtual lightning with a plastic peripheral.

Rock on, Rebecca!

Thats brilliant! Love the video and the song!

Great entries and great music =)

It's... not very you... Your voice is too soft for such music... Doesn't fit.

I actually love your voice is like angels but it isn't for rock

that was actually very gud, well done to all :)

I loved it and I had a blast rocking out!

Should have been expecting Guitar Hero.

Good job!

I actually really liked that!
I'm a sucker for tremolo pedals. =] Edit : Beginning = HYPNOTOAD.
It sounded a bit like some of the darker Chili Peppers songs. Good stuff. =D

I thought it kinda rocked! I loved the idea of using people from The Escapist in the video. I wouldn't mind seeing that in the future either. Have people submit various clips of them doing... things....

McCa:
It's... not very you... Your voice is too soft for such music... Doesn't fit.

I actually love your voice is like angels but it isn't for rock

Plus one.
In "Overlord 2" review, your voice was strong, drone ("Oh, how sad for you..."), and it suits that kind of music very well. But, actually, your beautyfull, crystal voice belongs to "Wet" ("baby I'm telling you, this ain't no movie"), "Wolverine" ("but what do they know? You're just a superhero") or "MW2" ("cause will we talk about this game for years to come"). In my opinion, of course. Please, don't stop doing this videos. It's a little drop of Positive in endless ocean of gore, play-acting and foul language, but as long as it exists, our world not doomed yet. Thanks for saving whole world ^_^

Joa_Belgium:
Amazing! I never suspected I would've made it into the video!

The music sounds a bit too hard for my taste, because I'm not that fond of hard rock. But it still is quite a good song! And yes, it feels good to ride the virtual lightning with a plastic peripheral.

Rock on, Rebecca!

It's not bad. I'm confused though, this isn't hard at all. Easy listening at most. What do you normally listen to? I'm not attacking you, just curious what would make this seems "hard".

That was an awesome song!

I Enjoyed Rocking Out! Great video once again!

PxDn Ninja:

Joa_Belgium:

Rock on, Rebecca!

It's not bad. I'm confused though, this isn't hard at all. Easy listening at most. What do you normally listen to? I'm not attacking you, just curious what would make this seems "hard".

The guitar riffs sometimes sound a bit hard for my taste. I don't mind any guitar solos, but it often sounded as if the entire song was one big solo. Maybe I just didn't listen well enough, I'm going to give it another go and pay more attention. I was watching everyone who made the final cut, the first time. It did have a certain balance because of Rebecca's soft voice.

Concerning rock music: I like Queen, a few softer songs of Metallica (such as the classic "And Nothing Else Matters"), Nickelback, Theory Of A Deadman, Nailpin (which is a Belgian rock band) and a few more whose name I can't recall now.

I'm not an avid fan of their music in general, because I don't tend to link myself to one particular band. Those are just examples of rock music that I enjoy. I'm more of a song lover instead of a band lover.

On the other side, I'm not very fond of Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses or Iron Maiden for example, the heavier rock bands. And don't get me started on metal. I can't stand listening to that genre.

Cool, I enjoyed that.

Well done Jordan - I thought for sure you were about to become a casualty for your art. ;)

Great video! Liked the footage that had been submitted!

Lollll, I can't bealive I made it in, I guess the yahtzee hat has magic powers.

Yup, that song pretty much encapsulated my feelings, when I first figured out the fingering technique to Heart's Crazy On You and performed it in front of my friends.

Those were brighter days for Guitar Hero...

*throws up the horns*

Well done, Miss Mayes, and everybody who contributed!

Best Musing so far, methinks.

Joa_Belgium:

PxDn Ninja:

Joa_Belgium:

Rock on, Rebecca!

The guitar riffs sometimes sound a bit hard for my taste. I don't mind any guitar solos, but it often sounded as if the entire song was one big solo. Maybe I just didn't listen well enough, I'm going to give it another go and pay more attention. I was watching everyone who made the final cut, the first time. It did have a certain balance because of Rebecca's soft voice.

Concerning rock music: I like Queen, a few softer songs of Metallica (such as the classic "And Nothing Else Matters"), Nickelback, Theory Of A Deadman, Nailpin (which is a Belgian rock band) and a few more whose name I can't recall now.

I'm not an avid fan of their music in general, because I don't tend to link myself to one particular band. Those are just examples of rock music that I enjoy. I'm more of a song lover instead of a band lover.

On the other side, I'm not very fond of Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses or Iron Maiden for example, the heavier rock bands. And don't get me started on metal. I can't stand listening to that genre.

Fair enough man, and to each his own. I'm a huge metalhead, so that is why I didn't hear this as being a hard song. I also didn't listen all the way through the song as I'm not a fan of the style either (ironically, to soft for my taste). Metallica, GnR, Maiden, Queen, all awesome bands though.

One of my favorites so far! :D

i loved it, i have a new favourite.
maybe it's because i prefer rock other soft music, but thiss was just great.
you even made a great review.

keeo it up, this is great

Awesome!

I wish I'd entered now, but I don't have a video camera D: I loved the viewer footage :D

Spinwhiz is FUCKING METAL!, i have never seen anyone rock out so badass, not even with one of those non gaming related guitars.

Edit: Spinwhiz, on the off chance that you are reading this, where you ever in a band if so any links, i would even suffer true some pretentious college band you where in only to get laid just to watch you rock out some more, you make Eddie Riggs look like a school girl with leg braces.

Twas good, but I prefer your softer stuff more. You have the voice of an angel and it just isn't quite suited for this sort of thing. Certainly not being critical though, as you are extremely talented and quite easy on the eyes to boot; just a statement of preference.

I'd love for this to find its way somehow onto the Rock Band Store. It'd be a blast to play and funny as hell!

HaHA!

Go Spinwhiz!

that was BRIGHTON she was in!

I recognise the turqouise seafront fencing!

Awesome! My favourite modern-day musician in my favourite city!

Woot for Brighton, Woot for Rebecca and Woot for myself because I cannot pass up an oppertunity to praise myself needlessly

lol that was great ^_^

Although i was a little supprised that you put some energy into this one. After the Madworld review, i was pretty sure she'd use her softer music style for pretty much everything...after all, if Madworld wasn't heavy, then what would be? Not saying that the added engergy was bad or anything. In fact, it was exactly what this song needed! I couldn't picture a Guitar Hero song any other was. Kudos ^_^

lol that was great ^_^

Although i was a little supprised that you put some energy into this one. After the Madworld review, i was pretty sure she'd use her softer music style for pretty much everything...after all, if Madworld wasn't heavy, then what would be? Not saying that the added engergy was bad or anything. In fact, it was exactly what this song needed! I couldn't picture a Guitar Hero song any other was. Kudos ^_^

That was my favourite one so far. Not surprising really, considering I'm into that sort of music.

An actual musician takes on a fake musician game. Interesting. And just to complete the cycle, the next Guitar Hero should feature some Rebecca Mayes.

heheheheh... that was awesome, although I find myself thinking of something that definitely would've been included had I thought of it BEFORE the deadline... [sigh] story of my life...

That was actually half way to being decent. You're getting there :)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here