Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2009

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Awards for 2009

This week, Zero Punctuation gives out awards for 2009.

Watch Video

I've been looking forward to these for a long time!

Who cares?

LOL at "walking down a dead end and seeing spiders chasing you and your mum riding one and saying you will amount to nothing"

I was hoping for Borderlands to win geniunely good game.... I've had no end of fun with it.

Heh, love the 5 years till we prove Back to the Future 2 wrong.

One of these days I'll actually recieve a Quadruple Amputee Kindergarten Award... well, if you aren't going to give 'em, I'll just have to make one myself. Off to the sandbox!

I would play Attack of the Cheeseburger Spiders so damn hard.
That's really all I walked away from it with...

Another great vid, love the satirical jab at the end, very swish

Agree with Batman: Arkham Asylum as the game of the year... Great video none the less

His pick for best of the year seems like a pretty reasonable one to me.

I liked the attorney general bit.

Projecting hate at him right now.

Happy new year to you as well.

Is it only me that find the music playing while the award-pictures are shown strangely loud?

5 years until back to the future is proved wrong!

5 years ago the Transformers cartoon movie should have happened. They lied!

The award titles made me laugh, but were so true! And I gotta say, those games actually really deserve those awards.

Well, I can't really take the awards seriously, but it was funny none-the-less. And did you get a new IPHONE?

That ending was wonderful. Now that we're in the 20XX's I'm waiting for the reploid invasion.

edit: only three people who commented before they could have possibly finished the video this time, we're getting better.

Bloody hilarious as always, one of the best things on the net and deserving of a pat on the back

Ahh this makes Wednesdays worth living.
Now I need something for Thursday and Monday.

I like the idea of Michael Atkinson getting a video game award. Next year it will have to be Jack Thompson.

Good episode, i agree with batman

loved arkham asylum, not quite my game of the year but damn close; just wondered why you didn't want to take another fun potshot at Uncharted 2 (deservedly so since its been on everybody else's GOTY when its not THAT special)

loved the ending, nice work

Happy New Year.

I liked the way he said that.

Oh, and even though I don't live in the land down under, screw Michael Atkinson.

This year, we make contact!

I will agree that Arkham Asylum was the only good game of the year (as it was the only non-remake, non-sequel that was even worth it)

Congratulations on your new IPhone and Happy New Year to you as well.

Good episode, i agree with batman

Chunklin:
I was hoping for Borderlands to win geniunely good game.... I've had no end of fun with it.

Yes, but he hasn't reviewed that one yet, so either he has no interest in it, which i kind of doubt since it's getting so much attention, or he's been screwed over by release dates again. Personally I suspect the second one.

Well... Not really much I can say to this one, my mind is still in disarray.

Well that was a bit obvious considering Yahtzee's taste, however you have to give him credit for not doing what everyone else in the world did by giving Uncharted 2, and Modern warfare 2 the game of the year award. Now to meander away from that subject. Shouldn't there be an award for "least laziest video game developer"?

HUBILUB:
Is it only me that find the music playing while the award-pictures are shown strangely loud?

It was not just you the voice to music ratio was absurd

lmao, brilliant end to the year of 2009! XD

Holy crap I lol'd so hard at the last line!

I loved the Atkinson bit too.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or