Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2009

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

I don't even have a cellphone at the moment. ;P

At any rate, the one thing that came to mind when I saw this was that I thought Yahtzee actually liked the old school Resident Evil/Survival Horror stuff. Commenting about how there "were no survival horror games" and such because the current ones like Resident Evil 4-5 and "Slinet Hill Homecoming", and "Dead Space" were just action games with horror themed graphics.

Sometimes he seems consistant, sometimes very contridictory. Of course my memory isn't the best.

Still, I really can't dispute Arkham Asylum, it was one of the best games made IMO, and I even said so in my rather poorly received yearly commentary on the review forums.

-

To date my biggest regret of the year is that while predictable in response, Yahtzee was not made to review "Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2". For obvious reasons I think that would turn out to be the nastiest review of all, starting with the title. :P

Taxicab Samurai:
Ahh this makes Wednesdays worth living.
Now I need something for Thursday and Monday.

Unskippable comes out on Mondays. Ever consider watching that? It's pretty cool.

The escapist news network was much better, but that was still funny. I think that the closing statement was best though.

2009 was a really shitty year.

Congratulatuions to the winners, except for Yahtzee's comments on Michael Atkinson. He deserved MUCH more hate.

roll on 2010

When I saw this video, there were 3 responses, when I clocked on it there were 26 and when I responded there were 41. I'm just wondering how many users watched the video then posted.

Oh well. Yes 2009 was hardly the best year in gaming but hey we got a good Batman game...

Well yea probably best game this year is batman
though i did thoroughly enjoy Ass Creed 2.
But i have not played quite a few other supposedly good games this year

Heh heh heh. I love the award names. I really wish that I could remember the Duke Nukem game but it blew my mind hard enough that I lost all memory of it.

awesome!

'Legs made of racism' indeed. Looking back, it was a pretty bleak year. Except..That last bit with Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed II..Perhaps it was actually okay..

Loved it, until I saw at the end that he got a new iPhone. BOOOO!!!

Anyways I agree that Batman: AA was the game of the year, and I wasn't surprised when he decided that Wet was basically the worst game.

Well, does having an iPhone means you'll start reviewing iPhone games too, or did you buy it just for curiosity?

Hay, don't forget about the Death Races were going to have with Jason Statham in 2 years.

Batman eh? Was it really that good?

I avoided purchasing or playing it for the sole reason that I have a 360, I have no desire to own a PS3, and the PS3 got exclusive content, which pissed me off enough for me do a personal protest of the title.

I wanna play as the Joker dammit, and I don't wanna spend $400 to do it. Until then, I'll just take everyone elses word for it that it was worth playing.

Happy New Year Yahtzee! Loved the awards.. Did anyone else notice the high influx of spiders in this video?

I would also agree with Batman as choice of GotY. I have not played Borderlands or Uncharted 2, which I am told are very good.

not giving best game award to mw2 or uncharted 2 is the right thing to do ... even though i didn't care for batman

Now to draw a nob on Batman

Did Yahtzee have a bad run in with some spiders recently?

Pfft everything in BttF2 will come true, you wait and see. We'll be riding hoverboards and wearing self drying jackets in no time.

hahahaha Micheal Atkinson got the award over mario

I'm not artistically inclined, but I'm tempted to draw a nob on Rubi's face.

Jesus Fuck, Yahtzee buying an iPhone is like Sean Connery rubbing his face in shit.

Next year it will have to be Jack Thompson.

Thompson can't really do anything now, people stopped caring.

even though he never liked Resident Evil, I'm glad he made it official that RE5 killed the series.

Zenn3k:
Batman eh? Was it really that good?

I avoided purchasing or playing it for the sole reason that I have a 360, I have no desire to own a PS3, and the PS3 got exclusive content, which pissed me off enough for me do a personal protest of the title.

I wanna play as the Joker dammit, and I don't wanna spend $400 to do it. Until then, I'll just take everyone elses word for it that it was worth playing.

Honestly, just get the 360 version. I played both, and the Joker thing is just that you get to play as Joker in the stealth challenge rooms. Yes, it is fun to have the stealth element thrown upside down by playing as him (you don't have access to all of Batman's toys) but it isn't THAT big of a game changer. Just play the 360 version.

Michael Bloody Atkison!? WHY!? What about that old faithful Jack Thompson!? At the very least he should get a lifetime achievement award! Although, Atkinson is a moron, and thats coming from a Brit!

Besides, why not give the Dead End award to Nazis? They're certainly a dead end games wise...

PunchClockVillain:
I like the idea of Michael Atkinson getting a video game award. Next year it will have to be Jack Thompson.

They're not equal. Thompson has rallied against games, but unlike Atkinson, he hasn't flat out insulted gamers and gotten legitimate games banned or censored.

great video, it was hilarious :D

I'm guessing someone was on the receiving end of the delightful British road system this Christmas...

Also (and I bet he gets this all the goddamn time) it's strange how Yahtzee dislikes the PS1-era Resident Evil games when he enjoys Silent Hill 2 so much. The games are very similar - top notch atmosphere, balls controls. I bet he'd enjoy them a little bit.

Wii physical feedback: Wiimote vibrates. Natal physical feedback: You can... jiggle? I dunno.

I can't see why people like Batman so much I played this game on the PC and did not like it that much.

I approve: *Stamp*

Go Arkham Asylum!

Ha! Take that, Atkinson, you prick. Christ, I'm not even Australian and I still want him to finally buy the farm... or at least get voted out of office. Aren't those elections coming up soon...?

The award titles were absolutely brilliant. I'm sort of disappointed that Assassin's Creed 2 didn't get an honorable mention in the GOTY award section, but at the same time I'm all the more happy that neither Modern Warfare 2 nor Uncharted 2 got any mention at all, most likely due to the fact that both of them are the antithesis of special/noteworthy games.

Not a bad video, nice work! Wasn't expecting Yahtzee to give an award to a game he liked :P

Also, coincidence time: the Angry Video Game Nerd also mentioned Back to the Future 2 in his video today. I found it funny, made me think of how huge nerds we all are for the exact same things.

SwampCandle:
Michael Bloody Atkison!? WHY!? What about that old faithful Jack Thompson!? At the very least he should get a lifetime achievement award! Although, Atkinson is a moron, and thats coming from a Brit!

Well, at least Thompson was disbarred before he could do much damage. I don't think he would ever have been able to get any games banned or anything, he was never in such a high position of power. Also, he was constantly acting like a dick.

The Atkinson bit was genuinely funny. Although I was really thinking this could've been something you'd write an article on rather than use a video for it. But then, we wouldn't get all the spider puns.
And as a gadget geek, if I may offer some advice? Ditch the iPhone for a Palm Pre. You'll thank me later.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here