Doomsday Arcade: Episode 23

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

i enjoyed the half life two thing, your show lacks consistency, but you don't need me to tell you that. kinda wish you'd spend more time in rapture, but i'm happy with what you did with this episode none the less. i realize your trying very hard to make this series work story wise, while fearing losing the humor of the game references because you tried to hard with the plot. luckily this episode showed that you are capable of doing both as long you explain it well enough when the plot actually comes up. in any case, your video moved me to the point of making my own account so i suppose i'd give it a good thumbs up. as a suggestion, both plot wise and comedy wise, it would make things easier on you to have more friendly npc characters. not only are they easy to bounce joke off of but they already have their own back story that doesn't need to be explained. not to mention, teaming up with game characters is a very amusing aspect of the series, big daddy was an excellent idea. well despite my suggestion, i believe the series has shown that it still has a lot of potential. so, don't disappoint me, its been awhile since i enjoyed something this much.

Ah I saw that Boomerang joke coming from miles away xD

Simply brilliant guys. Bravo.

amazing episode, loving half life 2 as a reference however i felt a bit crushed to see gordon talk its just not right :(. the train yard great setting, yet i still don't trust the australian bloke

RTR:
I wonder if they can get MovieBob or the guys from There Will Be Brawl to do a cameo.

For MovieBob I think they should get a video game character that's in a movie like Sarge from Doom and any There Will Be Brawl cameos will only work with Legend of Zelda characters as Matt Mercer is Gannondorf and Matt would most likely offer other Nintendo characters except Mario and Luigi. *crosses fingers and hopes for TWBB cameo as well*

So I was wrong about possibly seeing much more of Rapture as they escaped early in the episode and it's for the better because we got to see a truck load of Half Life 1&2 awesomeness. I lol'd and clapped at the boomerang & digerie doozooka puns and when Alyx got killed with Shanks use of the Gravity Gun.

I got every prediction wrong for this episode so I'll wait till the next preview episode.

that lemarr thing with the script kinda cracked the fourth wall

I WANT TO KNOW IF GARY IS OK!!!

Great episode guys, but where did lazor cat go when the fight started lol?

Great episode, however it seemed to me that at times the background music was so loud that I couldn't hear anything else. However it was still great!

erm pretty weak fellas. ok i said this last time and got flamed so let me explain. it seems youve taken out what made doomsday arcade great which was the great wit and humour, this sacrifice seems to be made in the name of enhanced graphics. No chance of you going back to the good old days when your vids were once every two weeks and awesome instead of once a month and semi-awesome? btw whats with the whole "next week" thing on the previews and then releasing them 2 weeks later. that's annoying

Having said all that, Bruce is awesome :P and things got better towards the end. but you know if i wanna watch action, i'd rent die hard. if i want game-related humour, i come to the escapist.

I thought that was Yahtzee.

lmao he flipped off the g-man

That was awesome. I couldn't stop laughing at all the really really bad jokes XD

Was that Yahtzee as Gordon Freeman? AWESOME!!

Ambient2100:
Meybe the best episode so far! Loved the cameos, cool new characters, Bag Daddy (Djamal) is still awesome, and the DIDJERI-ZOOKA part was was legendary!

Only thing I didn't get... Why all the hating towards Alyx? I always liked her in Half Life... Oh well. If this was youtube, this was an instant 5* / favorite.

Great job!

Ps: if you keep this quality up, I would'nt mind at all that you take a month to make them, coz you can really see where the extra time went.

Doug:
"You accidently shot me Gordon.."

Nice! though I don't recall Alyx being unbearable like that.

Also, Gordon the Tank engine! I remember them from when I was only a nipper!

Yeah, Alyx wasn't that bad to me, but I could see how some people would find her bad enough that this could be a reasonable exaggeration.

First of all, brillant episode.

Now, mind if I ask a couple of questions? How do you guys get so many ''props''? You cant all make them yourself, I mean, there are so many costumes, so many items... Do you ask people exterior to the serie to make them? Such as ''art class'' or stuff like that? Samething with actors, are they all contacts or random people that you recruit with candy and a troubling van? How the hell do you get all these people to cooperate... its something big to organise, it must be hard? Any ''frictions'' as of yet?

If you ever happen to feel like it, a ''making of'' would be apreciated. Without delaying real episodes tough. :P

PS: L4D??? CS??? Dragon age? (bioware (sex in video games problem (blue smurf sex))) Hell... world of warcraft???

orannis62:
Yeah, Alyx wasn't that bad to me, but I could see how some people would find her bad enough that this could be a reasonable exaggeration.

Alyx is the main reason why I won't play Episode 1 again. Bordering on Navi level irritation.

I know that the Russian solder is Yahtzee, but is he the Russian Commander as well?

Geektress656:

lol no, he was the guy who hands the russain commander the report hence him saying it had "no punctuation" did that one go over your head? lol

Yahtzee, Kain and HL2, the holy trifecta. I applaud you good sirs!

Magnificent show. The best episode yet, and even with guest stars!

That may have been the best episode yet. Bruce has revealed himself to be even more badass and Australian than Saxton Hale. Also, the headcrabs look like they were made of shag carpeting, which is hilarious for some reason. And the little bit with Kane was awesome.

this was absolutely amazing!!

Yokai:
That may have been the best episode yet. Bruce has revealed himself to be even more badass and Australian than Saxton Hale. Also, the headcrabs look like they were made of shag carpeting, which is hilarious for some reason. And the little bit with Kane was awesome.

congrats on ur 666th post lol

Funny as hell episode, laughed so many times.

Quite a awsome episode

The whole "Lane of Nod," bit with Russ and Yahtzee was gold. As was everything involving Alyx and the G Man. Infact, G Man might need someone new to stalk. Dare I say it? Will I say it?

Rise and shine, Mr. Shanks...

Yahtzee should make a cameo in the series as himself, joining up with the resistance and killing characters by convincing them that their games suck SO BAD that they should just go ahead and kill themselves.

and then go for the double-whammy and have Waluigi from TWBB make a cameo while wearing pants on his head, just so we can hear Yahtzee say "pants-on-head retarded" again.

Amazing props, amazing effects. Great puns and juxtapose, but I forgot some of the plot over the long break (though the wait was definitely worth it). I miss the Michaels playing off of each other, but awesome anyway. Kane's freetime was a great laugh as well.

I dread the day this series ends.

That was epic. Worth the wait as usual.

I didn't see Yahtzee first. Had to check the comments and then look again.

This show is really messy and I can't really understand what's happening. I think the first episodes of this show were better. The later ones has been too much like they focus on special effects

Right at the start of the video I'm like "Is that Yahtzee?" followed by the zero punctuation joke. Great start to the video!

All in all a great episode although I am a little disappointed in Kains character :(

Juxtaposition!

This episode might be the greatest thing to ever happen to anything ever... ever.

you know this is one of the few series where i dont mind the breaking the 4th wall bit
sometimes it gets boring but you guys find a way too keep it funny and fresh
nice

loved the russian dream sequence of course

Massive amounts of lol at that one. Awesome job!

daedrick:
First of all, brillant episode.

Now, mind if I ask a couple of questions? How do you guys get so many ''props''? You cant all make them yourself, I mean, there are so many costumes, so many items... Do you ask people exterior to the serie to make them? Such as ''art class'' or stuff like that? Samething with actors, are they all contacts or random people that you recruit with candy and a troubling van? How the hell do you get all these people to cooperate... its something big to organise, it must be hard? Any ''frictions'' as of yet?

If you ever happen to feel like it, a ''making of'' would be apreciated. Without delaying real episodes tough. :P

PS: L4D??? CS??? Dragon age? (bioware (sex in video games problem (blue smurf sex))) Hell... world of warcraft???

They did L4D in the second episode, I think. It was one of the earlier ones.

OT: Great job with the series. It's always entertaing.

Zepren:

Geektress656:

lol no, he was the guy who hands the russain commander the report hence him saying it had "no punctuation" did that one go over your head? lol

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here