LoadingReadyRun: The Job

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Wow... They've got a third show. Watch out, mods; Graham and Paul are trying to take over the Escapist.

And with how awesome their shows are, they have a pretty good chance.

Matt_LRR:
The guys above have pretty much got it. This video series isn't going to be some plot-continuous thing, just one-off skits every week.

If this week's video didn't work for you, check back next week for something completely different. (and oh how different it will be... ;) ).

Glad to see so many people enjoying this though! Thanks for watchning!

-m

And there's your Monty Python reference! Internet's over, guys. Matt won. Everyone go home.

Try harder next time dude. Just because There will be Brawl is gone doesn't mean its going to be a easy spot to fill. Ps. SPEAK UP WHEN TALKING TO THE MICROPHONE! All caps helps those who dont have mouths yell.

The slow motion walk is always epic.

Hileict:

daxterx2005:
I wasn't really going to type a full thing, I just wanted to know if I was alone or not on finding it not funny.
but I guess I can give you my insight.
The character introductions were all kinda lame/cheesy.
Some of them also heavily used pop culture in order to get some lolz...
Like the creator of the Tamagachi, or "the lolcats"
Which like Family Guy. So I guess if you like family guy you'll like this show.
Also how it ended....it felt perfect really gross frosting atop a gross cake D:

I guess if the show actually gets a plot, and changes its pop culture/stupid joke structure it could be better >.>

Also, This is not me starting a flame war. Its me answering a question.

Awesome, that's all I asked and you delivered quite well! Thanks for the quick response, man. Major kudos to you for that. One thing though, I think someone from LRR will most likely explain fully later, but this is sketch comedy. There is -no- plot. Each and every episode is completely different and written as an entirely new video. Different characters, different situations. Sometimes, you'll get some extra throw-backs to past videos and such as a sort of fan-service, etc.. But yeah, there's not exactly a continuation.

commodoreHustle, the web series LRR started 2008-2009 was a continuing plot line and such, with a season finale and all, but that's changing in some way. In what way, I don't know, that's LRR's directive on how they end up doing it for The Escapist.

The second I saw I had been quoted I figured it was someone starting a flame war.
Thanks for taking an opinion as an opinion and not blowing this whole thing out of proportion.
Everyone has different views on every thing, Nothing is ever universally liked by all.
Thank you for understanding that.

I guess This just wont be the show for me then, no biggie right.
They'll have tons of others, one person wont make or break them.

I wouldn't call the LRR crew up to move a piece of paper let alone a couch.
Great Video!

Jamer508:
Try harder next time dude. Just because There will be Brawl is gone doesn't mean its going to be a easy spot to fill. Ps. SPEAK UP WHEN TALKING TO THE MICROPHONE! All caps helps those who dont have mouths yell.

...What? So, after Graham, Paul, Jeremy, Matt, Bill, James, Morgan, Tim & Kathleen have been doing this thing for SEVEN YEARS and have a lot of experience and recognition to show for it, you go and blatantly insult them because supposedly another series the was on previously was filmed differently? They're completely different "shows" anyway! There's absolutely nothing there as a comparison. Oh, right. They both have words and they both have visual effects with people moving and doing certain things. Well played!

Awesome. just... just awesome.

Also, you guys are still doing cH... right?

As a serious question here, do people actually read the previous pages as well, where a lot of the frequent questions are answered? The LRR cast are trying their best to explain everything but it always seems to pop back up.. ;;

Monshroud:
Crash Override?!?! From Hackers... I'm not sure if that is good or awesome..

"Crash Override" was originally established as Matt's "hacker side" in Is Paul's Boyfriend Cheating? (http://lrr.cc/181/)

On another note, Kathleen is commonly known for loving lolcats (and cats in general), therefore the reason why she would kill an army of clones set to destroy them.
Jeremy was shown using his mind powers in Ways To Abuse Shaolin (http://lrr.cc/193/)
James could have become a dictator in James Masterson School for Dictatorial Improvement (http://lrr.cc/79/)

And Tim really IS a time traveling lord.

(Just a little history for those who care)
==============Double Post Avoiding===============

Hileict:
As a serious question here, do people actually read the previous pages as well, where a lot of the frequent questions are answered? The LRR cast are trying their best to explain everything but it always seems to pop back up.. ;;

I know I do. For those who don't:
- This is sketch comedy. Every week is different, COMPLETELY. Videos will have little to no interaction with eachother
- Phailhaus, LoadingReadyTime, Iron Stomach Challenge, and Man Cooking will all STILL be appearing on http://loadingreadyrun.com. Graham has stated a hope that they will even be MORE FREQUENT thanks to more money from the escapist allowing him to do less "real work"
- If you didn't like it, awesome. State WHY, and still watch next week. It may be more to your liking.
- Thanks for watching

(End Long Post)
Edit: Found out where James' persona was from

Whew, and here I was thinking this was going to be the start of a really long and lame series *cough*Unforgotten Realms*cough*.

I got a real kick out of this vid. I'm looking forward to seeing much more LRR in the future!

Same brilliant humor, different site.
It's eerie quiet on LRR.com...

tcscerberus:

Upgrading to LoadingReadyRun v7.0 as we speak! :O That, and the site went down due to traffic too, I think.. Expect a brand spanking new About page and definitely other new stuff on there soon enough!

Just got to put this out there, I wish I had an eye-patch like Tim's. Except I would look like a fool, a fool in an eye-patch.

Hey Elomin and Metcarfe are here! awesome vid guys

Intellectually funky:

Yes.. And soon The Escapist forums will be assimilated by the Borg... I mean LRR! Yes, LRR is what I meant!

Hileict:

tcscerberus:

Upgrading to LoadingReadyRun v7.0 as we speak! :O That, and the site went down due to traffic too, I think.. Expect a brand spanking new About page and maybe other new stuff on there soon enough!

No "Maybe" about it. V 7.0 is going to be a serious site overhaul. (for the better, don't freak out).

-m

Matt_LRR:

Hileict:

tcscerberus:

Upgrading to LoadingReadyRun v7.0 as we speak! :O That, and the site went down due to traffic too, I think.. Expect a brand spanking new About page and maybe other new stuff on there soon enough!

No "Maybe" about it. V 7.0 is going to be a serious site overhaul. (for the better, don't freak out).

-m

Mayhaps I edit my previous post, Sir Matt? Make no mistake, I be not freaking out about a shiny new LRR site. That'd be epic!

Maybe there will be no more loading! We've loaded and now we're just ready to run? RR!

I think that LRR should just start adding "don't freak out" to the end of everything they say, ever. ;)

Matt_LRR:

Hileict:

tcscerberus:

-m

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Just kidding. I'm sure it will be awesome and I will wait patiently for it's arrival.

So the third wave of the LRR takeover has begun. Soon they will rule The Escapist with an iron fist, and I like it. Great job, nice to finally see you here.

Even on the occasion of "I'm eating a pizza, don't freak out."
Completely dead-pan, zero emotion. It'd make it much more serious, u gaise!

Incidentally, why haven't I slept yet? I think I'm going -more- insane than I already was, if that's at all possible.. Time to watch the video again~! \o/

I say most of the posts in the escapist forums about LRR are going to be from us megafans, We are slowly going to take over muhahahahahahhaha!!!1!

Incredible Bullshitting Man:
So the third wave of the LRR takeover has begun. Soon they will rule The Escapist with an iron fist, and I like it. Great job, nice to finally see you here.

Iron stomach, really.

-m

[Don't Freak Out!]

I love Ocean's Eleven and I love you guys. Thank you for making my day a bit better with this.

Slowly but surely, every website on the internet will be synonymous with DOOKY!!!... I mean... LRR![/InvaderZIM]

With the obligatory "Don't freak out!" tagline.

...Speaking of which, there's a video in that. LRR encompassing all of the interwebs and therefore becoming the personification of it.

Hileict:

...Speaking of which, there's a video in that. LRR encompassing all of the interwebs and therefore becoming the personification of it.

When that happens I'm pretty sure the world will join in one big song of Gloria! or 64k songs

That was awesome; really, with material this good, there's hardly any reason for me to go to any other website at all.

Intellectually funky:

Hileict:

When that happens I'm pretty sure the world will join in one big song of Gloria! or 64k songs

1337 will surely be in the Top 10 best songs ever. But it won't just be IN the top 10, it'll BE the top 10. That's right.. ALL of them! Or quite seriously, Graham's Billy Mays rendition of RE: Your Brains. Because I won't lie, that went straight onto my PSP for constant lulz.

I'm not sure the words "Don't freak out" by themselves are really condusive to calming anyone, especially when accompanied by something that would otherwise be innocuous.

Example: "I see you've sampled the bisk. Don't freak out."

Intellectually funky:

I don't know who this "Metcarfe" character you're speaking of is, but I'm here as well.

And remember; Keep Calm and Carry On.

@His_Ryanness Nonsense! I'm sure there's a perfectly logical reason for one to not freak out in that situation. I'll just leave that to your imagination!

@metcarfre That Metcarfe fellow actually seems like a delightful young chap, he even prepared tea for everyone here at the Escapist/LRR launch party. Then he suddenly disappeared in a giant enemy crab and... Somehow discovered another r?

Don't be crazy. No-one invented the Commodore 64, it was a gift from the Great Gaming Gods, Lord Braybook, Hubbard and Mclean.

I smell a series with these characters though.

hmmm...not bad. I hope this show can keep it up, I've been disappointed in the past.

I've been hooked to LRR ever since I saw Three PS3s back in the day, and I'm glad they're catching on well here at the Escapist!

As for the video, classic LRR. Way to go guys!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here