The Needles: Devil's Tuning Fork - An Indie Innovation

The Needles: Devil's Tuning Fork - An Indie Innovation

Andy Chalk discusses indie games, IGF drafting, and rewarding good work.

Read Full Article

I'm downloading this now, though even after reading this article I'm not sure what to expect, but I think that's also why I'm interested in it.

ElArabDeMagnifico:
I'm downloading this now, though even after reading this article I'm not sure what to expect, but I think that's also why I'm interested in it.

Much the same here. The artickle has certainly got me intrigued so looking it up to see for myself =D

I read about this game in a magazine a couple of weeks ago but, while sounding rather interesting, I never really gave it a second glance. If I get time later I'll take it for a spin and see how she drives.

I can't seem to play it on a Vista system. Should I download the XP video card update?

If you're interested in hearing a little about the development process behind Devil's Tuning Fork and its unique visual style, you can check out an interview with the DePaul Game Elites here:

http://www.uncommonassembly.com/?p=1182

This is a super fucking cool idea and I definitely condone it, but I don't feel like this is quite as innovative as this article leads one to believe. It's not really a sound centric game, it's moreso just a game that utilizes a "temporarily reveal platforms" mechanic. I understand that making games that are that sound centric is really difficult, and I'm certainly not digging on them for it, but I was expecting something more. It's definitely an area I would love to see expanded upon in the future in any case.

it's an awesome game idea but it isn't challenging or fun really, a tech demo is probably a good description. now throw in some xenomorphs and it'd be great.

Geez this game looks... umm... well, I can't put my thoughts together at the moment (still reeling from watching Pontypool about an hour ago). I guess what I want to say is that, while intimidating, it looks rather straightforward; which generally means that a game is either really easy or really difficult. I doubt I'll ever give this game the time of day but it's still a neat looking game nonetheless.

Much as I applaud the work behind it, that taps into one of the few images of terror that populate my mind.

I think I'll have to buy it for someone rather than myself.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here