Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Yay, Morgan! Although the accent was not so great. And I third the thought of a more inappropriate reason for Kathleen's repetitive stress injury. Liked the Konami code and the "OW!" at the end.

EDIT: And also, does anyone know why I can't access the Loading Ready Run website? It says "Error establishing a database connection".

EDIT2: Nevermind, it just got fixed after I posted my edit.

EDIT3: It's not working again.

Great stuff guys, that was hilarious. Loved the bit with Konamai code.
Yeah, I feel safer already too.

So, does this show now have...extra lives, or did the Konami code just extend their contract with The Escapist? That would be awesome.

The Rogue Wolf:
Was anyone else expecting a slightly more... inappropriate reason for Kathleen to have a repetitive stress injury to her wrist? No? Just me? Huh.

I confess; Few ideas did cross my mind, but...You know what, forget it. This is just getting a bit creepy.

David_G:
Yay, Morgan! Although the accent was not so great. And I third the thought of a more inappropriate reason for Kathleen's repetitive stress injury. Liked the Konami code and the "OW!" at the end.

EDIT: And also, does anyone know why I can't access the Loading Ready Run website? It says "Error establishing a database connection".

EDIT2: Nevermind, it just got fixed after I posted my edit.

EDIT3: It's not working again.

our webhost has been diddling itself this week apparently. It'll come back.

-m

Great episode guys look forward to seeing more. You guys make my week that much better

Well, if you put a select before the start in the konomi code it gives the 30 lives to both players, and kathleen is obviously too injured to play contra. That game takes some mad controller throwing skills.

I like the counterpoint: What if they are playing a hunter, which is WoW on easy. It's so funny because it's true.

Great episode! I usually like the short news better than the main feature, but this feature was good.

That was genius, constantly impressed with the amount of jokes you can fit in one episode. Also you guys always go out with an amazing after credits joke. Oh and the konami code joke I thought was a little lazy (it's used a lot almost to the point of a meme), until it turned the escapist e yellow at which point you were redeemed

Konami Code = EPIC WIN

You guys rock!

Financia Solvencia Onabacka Fanboya

Genius! :)

And Morgan had the Military presence down pat, especially the crack about WoW. :)

The Rogue Wolf:

Was anyone else expecting a slightly more... inappropriate reason for Kathleen to have a repetitive stress injury to her wrist? No? Just me? Huh.

I have no idea what you mean. At all.

<3 LRR/ENN. I'm sure a lot of grunts can be picked up from playing WoW, loads of "daily quests" out there in the military industry.

Dammit, now I feel bad for playing America's Army for over 3 years. I don't play it anymore because they took out the Bridge Crossing map, which was my favorite.

That was really funny guys, great work.

Good stuff as always. I appreciate the injection of non-gaming humour.

Yay for ENN, another great episode guys thanks!

Good as always and I would just like to say...

hold on phones ringing

What! me? recruitment for US army? for what? just owning an X box! I am there.

Now I get to see GrahamStark Disease on the list of STD's at the doctor's office now.

ENN rocks. I'm always impressed by the material you guys have.

I wonder what they will call this disease...
Graham Stark syndrome or Starkitis

Another great episode

The Rogue Wolf:

Oh no, I was thinking the same thing.
Great episode as always guys. And is that LG remote real? Because that might be pretty cool.

The FF15 joke made me laugh out loud. Not kidding.

raiding is very much like a real battle situation, because of the fact that you usually don't know what's going on, you're leader shouts and curses a lot, you try to follow a plan but everything just turns into a chaotic mess, and then you die because of the incompetence of your team mates.

Yeah, seriously - who IS playing games made all the way back in 2009? That has to be one of my favourite jokes made so far on ENN. Fantastic as always.

The Rogue Wolf:

You definitely were NOT the only person expecting something along those lines - I was actually kind of hoping for it..... *ends sentence before it gets too creepy*

Hunters aren't easy mode :(

OT: Very funny though

Between this and ZP Wednesday is by far my favorite day.

Hileict:

Probably the only thing I didn't enjoy so much was the Final Fantasy caption about it being "like the first one should have been". They AREN'T sequels, they're completely different games that all happen to be part of a series. Although the roman numerals are a sort of cop-out, it's still not the same as Assassin's Creed 2 or Uncharted 2. THEY have the same characters and overall set-up. In a lighter side to it, it does mean the Squeenix can finally work on a new series that ISN'T Final Fantasy, which will most likely be a successor.

I think this is more of a pointer to the fact the the original Final Fantasy game was supposed to be the last game ever made by Square Co., but the game did so well that it single-handedly saved the company from bankruptcy. It was intended to be the Final Fantasy.

ENN, now powered by the Konami Code.

Galad:
I probably missed it, but what's the title of this episode about?

it's a spoof of the title of the 1992 movie "A Few Good Men" (it's the movie where the quote "I want the truth!...you can't handle the truth!" came from

The STD joke was great haha. Morgan's accent reminded me of Apache. It was over the top funny.

GoodEyeSniper:

Hileict:

Probably the only thing I didn't enjoy so much was the Final Fantasy caption about it being "like the first one should have been". They AREN'T sequels, they're completely different games that all happen to be part of a series. Although the roman numerals are a sort of cop-out, it's still not the same as Assassin's Creed 2 or Uncharted 2. THEY have the same characters and overall set-up. In a lighter side to it, it does mean the Squeenix can finally work on a new series that ISN'T Final Fantasy, which will most likely be a successor.

I think this is more of a pointer to the fact the the original Final Fantasy game was supposed to be the last game ever made by Square Co., but the game did so well that it single-handedly saved the company from bankruptcy. It was intended to be the Final Fantasy.

However, it also spreads an incorrect message to certain unenlightened ones on The Escapist that take that and make the assumption that simply because it's called "Final Fantasy", it's apparently gospel and that any Final Fantasy game with a roman numeral after it is sacrilege.

I liked the "and simply not speaking Russian" crack on COD modern Warfare 2 that terrorist mission was fun

I've been battering the Konami Code into places on this site for a while now and still nothing.

I'm disappointed.

hehey!the best enn so far, in my opinion that is^^

Doctors, Lawyers, and Politicians are the Math geeks in of yesterday?

We're Screwed!

(Really though, where's the engineers and scientists in that one?)

Also, does anyone else want to try and fire that turret with a GH controller?

So that is what Americans sound like to Europe.

Great episode, etc. etc.

Loved the Afganistan joke. And the one about hunters being "easy mode." My first WOW character was a hunter. So was my ten year old cousins... And I won't give my feelings on EA. That would get me banned...

Hey, does this remind anyone else of "This Hour has Twenty Two Minutes." It was a sketch comedy show, framed as a news show. Sort of. I can't really describe it well.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here