Escapist News Network: A Few Good Gamers

Pages PREV 1 2 3

It's so sad but it took me a while to actually click onto the Imperial Hot gag.

I actually cried a little when I was enlightened one day, I think I was mid nothing and it suddenly dawned on me.

hahaha oh man, the two that got me was about smashing the TVs with the (lubricated, no less) waggle-er, motion remotes
and the AA gun with the guitar hero buttons xD awesome stuff, two biggest laughs I've had from ENN

Tdc2182:
So that is what Americans sound like to Europe.

Where's Europe fit in here? LRR is from Canada.

Hileict:

GoodEyeSniper:

Hileict:

Probably the only thing I didn't enjoy so much was the Final Fantasy caption about it being "like the first one should have been". They AREN'T sequels, they're completely different games that all happen to be part of a series. Although the roman numerals are a sort of cop-out, it's still not the same as Assassin's Creed 2 or Uncharted 2. THEY have the same characters and overall set-up. In a lighter side to it, it does mean the Squeenix can finally work on a new series that ISN'T Final Fantasy, which will most likely be a successor.

I think this is more of a pointer to the fact the the original Final Fantasy game was supposed to be the last game ever made by Square Co., but the game did so well that it single-handedly saved the company from bankruptcy. It was intended to be the Final Fantasy.

However, it also spreads an incorrect message to certain unenlightened ones on The Escapist that take that and make the assumption that simply because it's called "Final Fantasy", it's apparently gospel and that any Final Fantasy game with a roman numeral after it is sacrilege.

So, basically... you?

ElusiveTomorrow:

Tdc2182:

I don't think so. The producers are all English I do believe

Brilliant

Tdc2182:

ElusiveTomorrow:

Tdc2182:

The credits state ENN is written and performed by members of the sketch comedy group LoadingReadyRun. They are from Canada. I don't know how involved the producers get in the filming of this, but the accent was probably Morgan's (the actor that portrays the military character) idea, or someone else in LRR.

Hileict:

Probably the only thing I didn't enjoy so much was the Final Fantasy caption about it being "like the first one should have been".

GoodEyeSniper:
I think this is more of a pointer to the fact the the original Final Fantasy game was supposed to be the last game ever made by Square Co.

GoodEyeSniper has it right, Hileict.
We can't be held responsible for how someone might read it if they're ignorant of the history, the joke we made is that FF1 should have been the last one.

Remind me not to drink milk while watching these. They keep getting better and better, so hopefully that continues :)

My chain of thought at the hunter joke: "She said catastrophe in reference to hunters! Perhaps because people say that hunters are so populous that they ruin the game? Wait... Cataclysm caused by Huntardation? Hah! It's funny because I don't like hunters!"

I love these guys and girl. And on Kathleen's wrist, I thought it was from when they were moving the couch.

Guvnorium:
Great episode, etc. etc.
Hey, does this remind anyone else of "This Hour has Twenty Two Minutes." It was a sketch comedy show, framed as a news show. Sort of. I can't really describe it well.

This Hour has 22 Minutes was a big inspiration for ENN. Well spotted!

Best episode yet! You guys are awesome!

Tdc2182:

ElusiveTomorrow:

Tdc2182:

We're from British Columbia, Canada.

-m

awesome accent morgan!!!!!
actually kinda terrible, but still awesome.
also enjoyed the blooper at the end, it was epic.. save?

Matt_LRR:

Tdc2182:

ElusiveTomorrow:

Tdc2182:

We're from British Columbia, Canada.

-m

Oh, well my bad. Keep it up

Level select GET!

Why oh why does Jeremy NEVER look at the camera? It drives me insane whenever he's on screen.

Apart from that, awesome as ever crew!

*hears WOW/Afganistan joke*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!

That was pure brilliance when the army guy started talking about WoW. I tip my hat to you.

"Hi Gamestop i was wondering do you battle toads in stock?" haha ok i am 100% sure you guys are anons! I loved the konami code at the end haha! I loved the "FF15 Financia Solvencia Onbacka Fanboya" that was great!! You guys are pure gold!

Onyx Oblivion:
Man, you guys are over-worked and (probably) underpaid.

You hold down regular jobs AND do three videos a week...Holy shit. Well, you've been doing three a week for a few months now, so its probably getting easier.

Four videos a week... sometimes up to 7, you're forgetting commodore HUSTLE, Iron Stomach Challange, Phailhaus and occasionally a bonus video. They just don't get paid for it.

and THEN they do a Podcast about it :P

antigodoflife:

Onyx Oblivion:
Man, you guys are over-worked and (probably) underpaid.

You hold down regular jobs AND do three videos a week...Holy shit. Well, you've been doing three a week for a few months now, so its probably getting easier.

Four videos a week... sometimes up to 7, you're forgetting commodore HUSTLE, Iron Stomach Challange, Phailhaus and occasionally a bonus video. They just don't get paid for it.

and THEN they do a Podcast about it :P

But Hustle, ISC, and Phailhaus aren't guaranteed, so its usually 3. With one of those as they feel like it, and Hustle usually replaces the Monday video.

KONAMI CODE!!

[script type="text/javascript" src="http://konami-js.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/konami.js"][/script]
[script type="text/javascript"]
konami.load("http://tinyurl.com/HaydenPoetry")
[/script]
(and yes i know that html doesn't work in these posts; that's just for your benefit so you can put the konami code on ur own site if u so choose)
a great episode as usual; keep it up guys :D! (soo getting one of those slippery lg remotes...;P)

Another excellent episode. It had everything: great jokes, mysterious illnesses, a Dragonforce reference, and the Konami code. You could ask for more but, you would be a selfish jerk for doing so.

Ha, ha, ha, I love the featured story and the ending.

I really rather liked the ending chat sequence, it was a clever way of playing a bit of unexpected humour from an already stated event (strange as that sounds), very funny.

See this? This is a good Escapist video. You see Game Dogs? That is a baaad Escapist video.

So basically, the US Army's actual commanders that they recruit through StarCraft, with all the micromanagement skills and such...they'll be Korean, I gather?

Bernzz:
So basically, the US Army's actual commanders that they recruit through StarCraft, with all the micromanagement skills and such...they'll be Korean, I gather?

Considering we have a large force in South Korea, the idea doesn't sound so bad.

right now it's Modern Warfare 2 and M.A.G. training facilities...

Funny, but just a few things about the whole Colonel thing (We'll ignore the fact he's super young, too).

One: He needs a shave. No one in the military can have anything other than a lightly trimmed mustache.

Two: That's just a camo jacket you can get from a good will store. If you had ironed it out, pressed it, and whatnot, it would look a little bit realistic.

And three: No nametag / insignias / rank or anything else on his jacket.

Yes, it's all a joke and I found the part about Star Craft funny as hell (as it was true), but just stating these things if in the future you'll do another version such as this again with our friendly Col. But that's just a military man here talking, while my gamer side of me is, ugh I hate this world, but "loling."

Great episode, loved the wrist joke (was thinking something totally else), and everything else. Keep the new's series up, it's very entertaining, friends.

That AA gun with a guitar controller cracked me up.

Great episode as usual, you're fast becoming my favourite show on the site.

I'm over a year late, but that doesn't change the fact that you forgot select.
Shame on you, Graham.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or