Game Dogs: Gary Responds to Game Dogs Forum Questions

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Gary Responds to Game Dogs Forum Questions

Gary responds to forum questions about the Game Dogs trailer.

Watch Video

Hehe, very humurous.

EDIT:Though I'm shocked there was no mention of people complaining about the doggy boobies.

lol awesome

xD I like it.

I have a feeling Gary will become my fav character :0

"What the heck's a furry?!!"
Yes, indeed...
Well, I can feel myself warming to this new series.
as in, when I first saw the adverts, they annoyed me.
But now it is starting to look better to me.

Furry much?

Seems interesting.
Will check out.

[nods]
This series has my approval

Copied from that "Meet the Game Dogs; Jennifer and Bob"

I hated the trailer but I think my mind has changed cause that was funny!

ehehehehe... (yes, that's my internet laugh... what of it?)

the trailer was crap, but the fact that you managed to make this in...(two,three) three days and actually made it funny (from the limited material of: OMG FURFAGZ, why dogs?, dog boobies, it looks crap, so he's like cuddles?), it at least gives me a little hope for this (well, gary at least...)

That was very good. :D
To be truthful I didn't have high expectations of it but I'm quite excited to see it now.
Still surprised by how much hate the announcement of it got.

I am dismayed. Unforgotten Realms gets canned and the two animated shows that spring up are Apocalypse Lane (I watched the first few episodes, couldn't stand to watch anymore. Beyond terrible show.) and this, which looks as bland as can be (I've watched both the trailer and this 'response' thing, and nothing's showing any promise).

This is my first post and yeah, it's to gripe, but it really bites about Unforgotten Realms. Just a very funny, funny show that I started at the beginning of its second season, caught up, and watched each week with relish. And now not one, but two animated shows spring up with nothing worth watching on them.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zero Punctuation (I originally discovered the site because of Yahtzee and his wonderful adventure games), and I enjoy Bob's movie reviews and Unskippable is usually pretty funny... There Will be Brawl was also an interesting experiment. So I guess I'll just stick with those shows... It's just sad that more lackluster animated shows are funded when a good animated show was canned.

End rant.

Like I said in the other thread.

Pretty funny trailer and I look forward to seeing it.

Hey guys, we made you a video of the short angry character grumbling and swearing! Now please ignore that all the characters are stereotypes and all the humour will be 'office sarcasm'. Also please ignore the dog tits. Please. Please?

lolwut?

lol, I'm getting the feeling that wasn't far off from Russ's actual reaction to the comments on the trailer. I look forward to seeing the pilot tomorrow.

Okay, that was funny, and an appropriate response to all the childlike bitching people have done rather than actually have intelligent criticism.

Hahahaha! Gary's reactions and tone of voice were spot on.

I wonder if the "Furry" thing could become a running joke....
Then again...

So I'm NOT the only one who talks to his computer while typing! I thought I was just crazy. Right, Tony the tiger?

hehe, nice.
Its sad people judge a show thats not out yet on a 48 second trailer.

Hopefully the show is good.

Looks like it may be a fun show...
Good luck with it guys, I look forward to seeing it.
It will give me more to watch on the site than Zero Punctuation.

I know I know it's just a trailer.. but I hope they give you a better
area for recording your voices, they contain a little too much room acoustics
you seem to be switching mic's in the same set. one word. Dynamic range compression.
Ok thats 3 words.. but get yourself an compresser expander.

Chow...

LordHoban:
I am dismayed. Unforgotten Realms gets canned and the two animated shows that spring up are Apocalypse Lane (I watched the first few episodes, couldn't stand to watch anymore. Beyond terrible show.) and this, which looks as bland as can be (I've watched both the trailer and this 'response' thing, and nothing's showing any promise).

This is my first post and yeah, it's to gripe, but it really bites about Unforgotten Realms. Just a very funny, funny show that I started at the beginning of its second season, caught up, and watched each week with relish. And now not one, but two animated shows spring up with nothing worth watching on them.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zero Punctuation (I originally discovered the site because of Yahtzee and his wonderful adventure games), and I enjoy Bob's movie reviews and Unskippable is usually pretty funny... There Will be Brawl was also an interesting experiment. So I guess I'll just stick with those shows... It's just sad that more lackluster animated shows are funded when a good animated show was canned.

End rant.

I am glad I'm not the only person who thinks this. Apocalypse Lane is incredibly poor and this Game Dogs looks just as awful, I WANT UREALMS BACK!

I thought the comments/reactions of people to the original trailer was hilarious, and it seems like escapist is on the same boat.

Nice going with this video.

kukuku that was quiet interesting...but by the end of the 5th episode someones gone hump someones leg.just a feeling

Grey_Focks:
lol, I'm getting the feeling that wasn't far off from Russ's actual reaction to the comments on the trailer.

I dunno... there was no mention of eagle semen... and yet it was still really funny - intrigued me more than the trailer which I barely remember.

Okay, i dunno, i find this neither bad nor good, something is just lacking... Yes its kinda funny, but its also fairly ordinary, like something any forum poster would write in response. Gary (if that's the dog) has sort of an angry/cynical disposition, but he is not really angry, and not the least bit cynical. It looks as if you held yourself back, fearful not to offend anyone (despite the "son of a bitch"), an honest advice would be let yourself loose and try something out of the ordinary. Yahtzee was pretty daring and cocky, and look where it got him. Everybody likes ZP.

Wish you all the best.

This changed my mind, I now have hope for the show.

I'm ot going to judge on the trailers, because I have no idea what the actual series will be like.

I'll watch it, though.

I now how a huge hope for this show. I am also glad that John Ethridge (did I spell it right?) is going to have a job after Apocalypse lane.

It still seems stupied to me, but atleast they have the decnetsy to admit that it seems idiotic.

I'm trying to be generous here but I honestly didn't find this very funny or comical (although some might have found random angry mumbling in front of a computer screen to be hilarious it didn't really do it for me).

I might just be the wrong kind of guy for this kind of thing (I'm not a business person or a game developer) but I can point out a couple of flaws in the humour that haven't been addressed in your response.

1- Why are they animals anyway?

In a previous thread you stated that they were made into animals because you were attempting to mimic an 80's/90's cartoon style, fair enough but if that was you're goal then you are doing it somewhat out of context (shifting it from being aimed at kids under 10 who love bright colours and funny animals to gearing it towards older, more mature and high brow audience) and taking a bad approach to it (most cartoons that featured humanised animals in the 90's often had a rather slapstick or surreal sense of humour rather than a satirical or sit-com based one, in the cartoons you weren't expected to stop and think about it because it was clearly fantasy while here you are going for something a bit more grounded in reality). Also, lampshading it by having them refer to each other as dogs when they are supposed to be very humanised adds credibility that you might be trying to handwave any critisism based around this as just being 'part of the joke'.

2- 'I'm the token girl'?

Having a character announce themself as being a token girl in the trailer is a shakey thing to do in something you intend to be a) funny and b) a continuing series. All I know about her going into this is that she's a girl, she's a dog and that she's aware of both facts (not much in the way of a strong character, cue references to 'the black dude dies first' in horror films, some films tried lampshading that for comical effect but this quickly became boring and predictable and as a result has disappeared).

I appologise for the wall of text and I'm sorry if I sound too negetive, I hope this acts as constructive critisism and helps improve the show at the end of the day.

LordHoban:

End rant.

are you kidding me? The last urealms episodes were shit. The first season was good and the original were the best (I've watched urealms ever since episode 7 was released)

OMG... Please tell me you're not giving stereotypical personalities to dogs and make them host a show. Pass on the drugs, kick your PR, anything, just don't do this i beg you. You could do so much, you have a creative audience that can take A LOT and you just pour this poor Sesame Street rip off slash anti drug PSA mascot bullshit "for adults". This's just so demeaning.

syltman:
are you kidding me? The last urealms episodes were shit. The first season was good and the original were the best (I've watched urealms ever since episode 7 was released)

I agree here, UR got so shitty after going to Escapist, Rob's character got turned into some kind of mastermind D&D prodigy instead of a witty funny exploit guy without ANY transfer, Mike's just so bland, he doesn't have the brains or solutions anymore or any game plan. Couple that with lack of humor, i personaly stopped caring about it after first 5 episodes an i was with the series from the fist flash episode (the first 3 are masterpieces, i'm still laughing even tho i watched them like 50 times).

LordHoban:

End rant.

Unforgotten Realms started great and rapidly declined (stuck with it out of a bizarre sense of loyalty, which frankly the creator took advantage of and repeatedly threw back in my face). Apocalypse Lane started rather badly but got better and better, to the point where I actually eagerly anticipate the next episodes. Added to that, the creator is actually quite amiable and can respond to criticism without throwing his toys out of the pram. So what am I saying here? Basically, give Apocalypse lane another chance and wait until this show has run a few episodes before judging it too harshly.

LMAO awesome. WTB more Escapist shows that retaliate against P.O.H.R comments.

that was even worse than the trailer

Rakkana:

LordHoban:

End rant.

I am glad I'm not the only person who thinks this. Apocalypse Lane is incredibly poor and this Game Dogs looks just as awful, I WANT UREALMS BACK!

Thats because the first few episodes of Apocalypse lane WEREN'T very good, however, if you gave it a little more time, you'd see that even Apocalypse lane turned out to be a great and halarious show.

xD, anyway, this was really funny. Also, it was great because it basically summed up the effort of anyone (including myself) that tried to defend this show. *sigh* Like trying to swim up a waterfall of pouring cement- of internet hate... -_-

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here