Game Dogs: Pilot Episode: D&D Kills

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

Zepren:
Just no, nope, no. That wasn't good guys. I actually yawned, no joke.

Sorry, Don't hate me :(

I'm with you. I feel kinda bad but this is just a poor concept to begin with...

Sorry but I didn't find that funny, just kinda boring.

Mildly entertaining, though not on the same level as the trailer rebuttal video.

That was amusing, now I have a new show to look foreward to on thursdays yay.

Not too bad. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. Maybe they'll make some of the bad animation a joke (THE TIE!!!)

And awesome theme song.

Not bad, not bad at all. The script was quite funny. I'll watch it next week.

Seriously, dice can kill. I play D&D with someone who uses a metal D20 about 2 inches across. You KNOW when he's rolling to hit.

Might get to watching it tonight, don't think it's that amusing with no sound on...

I don't bring my big-assed d20 to games for a similar reason. That and it threatens to ding the table when I roll the damned thing, it's solid and the size of my fist. Plus, I doubt my DM would give me XP for pummeling other players...unless they really deserved it.

Well I'll check it out for a while...
Still not sure why Dogs though...
Just Gimmicky I suppose =/

Do you know what I see here?
A solid foundation with lots of room for improvement.

It's OK now, it made me chuckle, but I feel it can go a lot further.

Sooo, yeah, keep on going and improving and you guys are golden IMO.

I enjoyed . . . . . the music. I did nto find it very funny and itw as just too short to be just average. I would suggest making it more dialog driven and maybe talk about how being a dog makes their job more difficult or easier. I would not watch this again or reccomend it to others. A 1 out of 5.

Haha! Good show.

This shows sucks so far, but I will give it another chance next week.

That was funny. Kind of reminded me of South Park with the random violence but was no where near as obnoxious. Good Pilot if nothing else. Bethany is Office Psycho I guess...

I would like if Gary's tie wasn't so static. It looked a bit jarring

vary good.
was the idea of "D and D" kill supost to be making fun of people who take it to serocely because that would make it much funnyer

O...kay, that was actually alright, enough to make me watch again next week.

Jedamethis:

Abedeus:
Well, not that great, but compared to what I had expected, pretty okay. Didn't laugh, but it made me smirk once or twice.

...Then again, the animation sucks... when he ran out of the room, it was like a cardboard character on a stick.

Yeah, it looks the same on Apocalypse lane, I wouldn't say it makes it any less good though

*9/10 thumbs up*
Lengthy....thing at the start though...

That is one of the downfalls of animating one episode a week. You don't really have the time to make it look like Disney. Still, I've seen poorly animated stuff be better than well animated stuff so it all comes down to the content.

On topic, this episode turned out pretty good. Loved the breaking of Gary's nose. Good work guys.

Sorry guys, this was terrible. I'll watch a few episodes and hope that it picks up but I just don't see it going anywhere.

gee it was good , needs more characters like a duck or kat though

Simply does not measure up to the comedic caliber of the other shows on the Escapist. Good try, though.

it was meh... ill watch the next one.. if its any better i might keep watching it...
not making any promises

t'was nice

Abedeus:
Well, not that great, but compared to what I had expected, pretty okay. Didn't laugh, but it made me smirk once or twice.

...Then again, the animation sucks... when he ran out of the room, it was like a cardboard character on a stick.

Actually thats what we use. Also string, bubblegum, and a polaroid instant camera.

I didn't expect to like it, I just watched it because so far the Escapist hasn't failed me, but I really enjoyed it.

That was kinda like how me and my friends get together, usually someone gets hurt.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehh...

I can't see how this in funny or interesting.

Not great but not terrible either. Lets see where it goes, it was the pilot after all.

Well atleast it had potential.

Zepren:
Just no, nope, no. That wasn't good guys. I actually yawned, no joke.

Sorry, Don't hate me :(

i felt the same way when i first started watching apocalypse lane. Now it mkaes me cry laughing every time i see it. f&ckin hilarious.

Slapstick + Nerd hobbies = WIN
Thank god the trailer was unrepresentative of the series.
It's pretty funny for the person watching if they like slapstick humour and aren't an animation snob.

7/10

Got a chuckle out of me.
The blood animation was poor, and to much slapstick and tryness.

That was good. If really short.

Abedeus:

This.

Though I -will- see other videos, to see if it gets better.

I didn't laugh once, the mouth animations suck, they just go up and down all the time, Gary's tie isn't even animated and the blood effect were terrible.

Conclusion: I didn't like it, but I will watch another episode if I feel like it, and if it has improved I'll watch it.

I really like this series. I will admit, I was expecting something along the lines of Code Monkeys when I first heard about it, but it seems like it'll be legitimately fun to watch. Although I will admit, I'm surprised there was no "Rocks Fall, you all die" reference.

Poor animation kind of put me off, as did the insultingly low-brow humor.

The running "100 xp" gag was kind of amusing. Maybe this series could become watchable with a little more polish and a lots less stereotypical sitcom characters and humor.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here