Game Dogs: Pilot Episode: D&D Kills

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

I liked it. Loved the nerd, loved the chick, loved the... erm... Gary.

Oh, and about the personalities being cliche? It's the pilot episode! Do you really expect the pilot episode to be filled with rich character backstory and development? That's what the rest of the series is for!

That said, keep it up. I'll definitely be tuning in Thursdays from now on.

it started out extremely slow and I about turned it off but because it's a pilot and one really should watch through the whole thing, I did, and it wasn't nearly as dumb as I thought it'd be. I like it. Least favorite video segment that I watch, but hey, it's something that i'll keep watching for a while.

pretty good

It was OK, i can admit that.
BUT STILL WHY DOGS?

It was better than I expected, though I hope the show picks up some momentum as it goes along. Still I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh once or twice.

The response to forum questions was pretty funny too. "What the hell is a furry?!"

Not bad =P made me chuckle a bit. Intro song was a bit "meh" though.

I liked it, not the best thing here yet, but it was the pilot.
Don't get why it's such a common complaint that they are dogs, I like dogs, and most cartoons I watch are not of humans, whether they are aimed at adults or not.

It wasn't great, but it was okay. I'd like to see a few more episodes before I really decide if I like it though.

Can they not be furries? It's creepy! Why not just make them regular people, or actual dogs? Not these creepy dog people.

My rule is, if I laugh at even one part of the pilot, it's worth my time...
But this episode made me howl! Absolutely hysterical, I look forward to the next episode!

I think I understand the whole dog theme now, too. Sort of putting a distance away from real life. Plus, why make a cartoon about boring old humans, when you can make fun dog characters, am I right?

The only thing I have to point out, because I'm such a huge stickler for animation quality, is Gary's tie needs to move more, it's like it's stuck in one pose. But if that's part of a joke later on, that works fine.

But don't get it twisted, the animation on this is fantastic!

Also, I'm really liking the new line up on Escapist. This, ZP, Apocalypse Lane, Movie Bob, Unskippable, ENN, Rebbeca's Muse, this site's getting a very well rounded gallery of videos for all kinds of game and cartoon lovers alike.

Wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be after watching the promo, but i can't help thinking that i found it funny only because i am a D&D fan and have been so for at least 15 years which leads me to believe that even if it was a webcomic with people instead of dogs that i would have still found it just as funny.

That being said though, all things should be taken in context and even though the fact that it was animated and voiced added nothing for me it was still good so i don't think it really matters to me what the delivery system used was.

It better get funnier, or this show doesn't have a chance. Watching the newest Apocalypse Lane and then this "pilot" was depressing.

Not too bad.

And it can only get better... Or worse... But let's hope it gets better. :)

nice I like this a lot ill defiantly be coming back.

Twas good, but VERY short.

Somewhere between 'meh' and 'ok'

There. Now will you all stop bitching. That wasn't so bad, infact I thought it was good. I laughed alot watching it.

GamingAwesome1:
There. Now will you all stop bitching. That wasn't so bad, infact I thought it was good. I laughed alot watching it.

Yeah, get over it already everyone, it's not that bad, in fact it has allot of potential...
By the way, your avatar is hysterical.

Reminds me of my days playing D&D only without the being hurt by dice, metal figurines and a sharp metal blade. I'm definitely gonna watch the next episode.

I absolutely love this show. Its nice to see furries in a positive light. And of coursnerd culture jokes are always awesome. Can't wait to see more. :P

Much like when Unskippable first aired, I wasn't a fan. "What is this," I'd say. I found myself coming back every week all the same. Perhaps this will happen here. The writing style and delivery just wasn't my cup of tea. But maybe it'll smooth out over time. :) I'd give it a chance.

Zak-Attak:
I absolutely love this show. Its nice to see furries in a positive light. And of coursnerd culture jokes are always awesome. Can't wait to see more. :P

I'm looking forward to more, this show looks like it's going to be allot of fun...
But I really hope we stop calling them furries soon, no disrespect.

It has potential, needs more work on the animation

That was great i laughed my ass off.

Well I almost chuckled you broke my straight face and got a positive response! I'll stick around for a bit, see where it goes.

Just one problem, the dog gimmick started to feel overused pretty instantly, we get it they are dogs but having to refer to that so much got on my nerves a bit.

It's good by my book, wish they were a bit longer, at least pass the 5 minute mark.

willgreg123:

Zak-Attak:

I'm looking forward to more, this show looks like it's going to be allot of fun...
But I really hope we stop calling them furries soon, no disrespect.

xD, people's responses to Furries is a lot like the opening of Borat and what they thought of jews.

Really people, grow up, if you are finding anything wrong with this, it is a result of your own thoughts.

I was half-hoping this would've been good, although I thought the trailers were awful.

Furburt:
I didn't laugh once, or even giggle. Jolly poor show chaps. I definitely won't be watching again anyway.

Theme song was great though.

Pretty much have to agree with this..

The show got off to a bad start with the 'animated before a live audience' and 'who has a sword?' jokes, and jumped the shark almost instantly afterwards with the crummy slapstick.

The theme song was alright though. Not great, but alright.
/opinion

Good lord...just the last bit made me smirk, when he laughs and says 100 xp really fast, but then she said "Bitchin'". Completely ruined it for me. I hate to be so critical, but it was just bad...

Good, but too short. Also the intro is too long.

I enjoyed it for what it was, and I can see potential once you hit the humour on the head

The dog-based jokes don't really work, though. Probably just me, but they seemed forced, as if to appease the people who say "Dogs will add nothing to the humour"

Having said that, you DID write these ages ago. But mabye you forsaw the criticism

Some animation was "jerky" but other than that it was good. It more funny than "Apocalypse Lane", at least. I'll give this series a chance.

100 experience points.

Personally I liked it. It would be better though if it were longer. (100 xp points)

:/ not my cup of tea. Started off bad with some generic characters, really dated D&D jokes (seriously, who even plays that anymore? let alone gives two craps about the "controversy"?) and the slapstick wasn't nearly violent enough for my taste.

hehe, that was actually pretty good.

Animation could use some work, but in time I'm sure it'll get better.

Can't wait for next thursday!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or