Game Dogs: Pilot Episode: D&D Kills

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 19 NEXT

Klepa:
I was half-hoping this would've been good, although I thought the trailers were awful.

Furburt:
I didn't laugh once, or even giggle. Jolly poor show chaps. I definitely won't be watching again anyway.

Theme song was great though.

Pretty much have to agree with this..

The show got off to a bad start with the 'animated before a live audience' and 'who has a sword?' jokes, and jumped the shark almost instantly afterwards with the crummy slapstick.

The theme song was alright though. Not great, but alright.
/opinion

really?

did it REALLY jump the shark?

did a 1 episode cartoon with no other episodes to compare it to, suddenly take a crazy unrealistic, out of context twist?

honestly, the only thing that would make this series of threads able to fill more than half of the fanbase section of tvtropes is if someone declared it "RUINED FOREVER" in this thread or the next one...

Dungeons & Dogs? That's just weak. Sorry.

D4zZ:
I liked it, not the best thing here yet, but it was the pilot.
Don't get why it's such a common complaint that they are dogs, I like dogs, and most cartoons I watch are not of humans, whether they are aimed at adults or not.

Exactly.

For example, Courage the Cowerdly dog was a dog.

And he kickes more ass than a human ever could.

edit: sorry, double post

RUINED FOREVER!!!

no wait...actually its pretty damn good!

:)

I miss Unforgotten Realms.

This video was absolutely abysmal. I was unimpressed right from the start, but was still determined to post specific and constructive criticism and give future episodes a try. This video ground down that resolve in a matter of seconds. I have great difficulty seeing how the Escapist staff, who clearly can recognise good comedy when they see it, ever thought it was a good idea to make this video, or at least to upload it after it turned out the way it did.

The whole concept and narrative of the video felt rather directionless and lacking in originality in a way that reminded me of a teenager's first attempt at making a Youtube video. Not only was every joke incredibly trite, basic and predictable, and thus something that has already been done far better by hundreds of other people, but the timing and delivery felt incredibly artificial as well. The artwork and animation weren't great, but I will concede that they were of a standard that wouldn't be a problem if the rest of the show was any good.

I can barely wait for a plot to develop :3 Liked the gummy bears bit.

That was not funny. Make a show about Gary being mean to people and I might be interested.

Better than Apocolypse Lane, but can it really outdo Unforgotten Realms?
It made me chuckle so I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt.

willgreg123:

Zak-Attak:
I absolutely love this show. Its nice to see furries in a positive light. And of coursnerd culture jokes are always awesome. Can't wait to see more. :P

I'm looking forward to more, this show looks like it's going to be allot of fun...
But I really hope we stop calling them furries soon, no disrespect.

Eh, I'm not gonna start a whole debate here. All I'll say is don't fear the furries. We mean you no harm =3

AdamG3691:

Klepa:
I was half-hoping this would've been good, although I thought the trailers were awful.

Furburt:
I didn't laugh once, or even giggle. Jolly poor show chaps. I definitely won't be watching again anyway.

Theme song was great though.

Pretty much have to agree with this..

The show got off to a bad start with the 'animated before a live audience' and 'who has a sword?' jokes, and jumped the shark almost instantly afterwards with the crummy slapstick.

The theme song was alright though. Not great, but alright.
/opinion

really?

did it REALLY jump the shark?

did a 1 episode cartoon with no other episodes to compare it to, suddenly take a crazy unrealistic, out of context twist?

honestly, the only thing that would make this series of threads able to fill more than half of the fanbase section of tvtropes is if someone declared it "RUINED FOREVER" in this thread or the next one...

George Palmer:
RUINED FOREVER!!!

no wait...actually its pretty damn good!

:)

SEE I TOLD YA!!!
( I must be psychic, I predicted what a mod was going to say, or maybe... I'm actually projecting MY thoughts! AAAAAHHHH! STOP READING MY MIND! the things in there are not fit for even lovecraftian minds)
*dons foil hat*

*goes to TVtropes*

Yes, Yes. I will watch this. I will watch this. I liked this, Looks like it'll be my thursday show.

Despite the fact that it doesn't update nearly as often I'm still going to stick to VG Cats. Only.

This isn't a bad attempt, but some of the VGC strips and adaptations with no name actually make me laugh, smile or otherwise emote. I'm kind of in favour of that.

As expected, this stinks of VGCats plagurism. I was hoping for something closer to Zero Punctuation but with talking dogs, and I got this.

Firia:
Much like when Unskippable first aired, I wasn't a fan. "What is this," I'd say. I found myself coming back every week all the same. Perhaps this will happen here. The writing style and delivery just wasn't my cup of tea. But maybe it'll smooth out over time. :) I'd give it a chance.

Yeah, I'd recommend giving the show a few episodes to get in the right direction, if you're still not sold on the pilot. I personally really enjoyed it, but somehow I feel my judgment is being clouded by the cute characters, good animation and DnD references. But it shows allot of potential and hell, maybe it works with so much good material and nerdy references with a sprinkle of humor, makes up for any and all glaring flaws.

Could use some work, but not bad for a pilot. Not bad at all.

Sorry Russ, but it just really wasn't funny... I agree with everyone else about the cool opening theme, but the rest just dissapointed. Any attempt at "cleverness" utilized either extremely poor jokes or puns (i.e Dungeons & Dogs. Oh I get it. Because they're dogs... Ugh..) Or were extremely foreseeable, such as the sword business, and the interjection when their boss comes in about the terrier that died. Then when it seemed like the video realized it wasn't funny, it just gave up and started implementing poor slapstick comedy, attempting to make it palatable by shouting out "100 xp!" every time...

Swing and a miss.

Not bad at all. I giggled. I will await more :3

Freebird95:
Sorry guys, this was terrible. I'll watch a few episodes and hope that it picks up but I just don't see it going anywhere.

My thoughts exactly.

Zak-Attak:

willgreg123:

Zak-Attak:
I absolutely love this show. Its nice to see furries in a positive light. And of coursnerd culture jokes are always awesome. Can't wait to see more. :P

I'm looking forward to more, this show looks like it's going to be allot of fun...
But I really hope we stop calling them furries soon, no disrespect.

Eh, I'm not gonna start a whole debate here. All I'll say is don't fear the furries. We mean you no harm =3

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have nothing but love for my quirky furry neighbors. In fact, some of my best friends are furry fans (I know that holds about as much weight as saying I have a black friend, but still, I'm not prejudice, I just don't know if that's the right term for these guys) Anyhow, neither of us will get into nor want to start a debate, so lets sit back and enjoy the good things to come.

I just get the feeling like Unkippable, this show will just be an acquired taste.

Bit of a reliance on slapstick, but then again, the fact that I laughed involuntarily means I'm coming back.

Yay.

Meh. I don't know... just meh.

I enjoyed it, although I'd like to see some more before passing final judgement.

Hmmmmm...interesting...

It made me laugh, so I guess it did its job.

I'll stick with this, and see where it goes.

Not as good as Unskippable or Zero Punctuation, but we'll see.

Much, much better than the trailer. It looks promising. I'll definitely be checking in again.

Kinda meh, I expected Code Monkeys with dogs. Hopefully it'll get better though.

It was better than I thought it'd be.

Unfortunately I still don't think it's good.

I didn't laugh, I didn't react, nothing happened while I was watching this..
Except one thought.

"I get it, they're DOGS."

Please don't tell me that the fact they're dogs is gonna be the joke that carries the show?

Not impressed, although I did try.

It a decent pilot, it made me chuckle a little.

Who knows, maybe the series will take of, maybe it'll flop!
Its to early to be certain.

(Its just a good thing this is the internet and not television, as we all know how the bumbling executives love tearing apart good shows to keep their lames ones going! >:/)

mildly amusing, but like a fine wine it should get better over time.

Unusual, odd, basic graphics and animations...I LOVE IT!

Wow i actually was laughing at it. Can't wait for more.

I found it to be funny.

It'll replace me watching UR every week.

Now my series' are:

Zero Punctuation
Unskippable
Game Dogs

Lol, man, I'm seeing some major inconsistencies in opinions.

"The trailer was bad, so the show was bad"
Yeah, and the art on a cereal box determines the quality of the cereal inside.

"No wait, now I think the trailer was good, but now they ruined it with slapstick!"
what's wrong with slapstick?

"Furries will take over!"
Heavy groan...

"This is a pitiful formula attempt to appease specific demographics of nerds!"
...um... duh? What, you think Unskippable wasn't aimed for MST3K fans? And your precious Unforgotten Realms wasn't aimed for Dungeons and Dragons fans? If it wasn't aimed for a specific group of nerds, it wouldn't be an escapist cartoon!

"This show goes against everything I believe in as a cartoon lover and a human being!"
Okay, can we all just take a breath and smoke a joint? Jesus, it's just a cartoon, people.

I think we should all consider this show to be an acquired taste, like Unskippable. No, not everyone's going to like it, but those of us who enjoy what's been presented so far will probably like the final product a whole lot and those who don't will most likely poop their pampers and throw a fit in the form of a giant crusade against all things anthropomorphic.

So, just move on if you don't like it and show your support if you do. I'm glad to see some of you give a simple "Meh, not my thing..." and move on, like a mature adult!

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, express your opinion. What I meant was don't obsess over something you hate, you'll live longer. Say your peace and move on is what I was trying to say. If you want to give constructive criticism, great! Just don't take this cartoon (or any cartoon) seriously, and don't take me seriously for that matter. And on that note, I'm gonna get off this topic. I've spent way too much time and energy talking to ones and zeros. I wish this show good luck. Peace.

Sweeeet, more please

TheSkaAssassin:
mildly amusing, but like a fine wine it should get better over time.

Very well put.

Relaxed dude, Nerdy dude, Straight man, The girl (personality can very), stir for 20 minutes on open flame. Add in fur of dog (to conceal lack of creativity (we all hate that taste)) and mix until uniform. Let it cool. If you wish to submit this video series to a certain website. Season it with whatever the site's main attraction is about(games humor).And there you have it. A show about dogs that is completely average in every way.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here