Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 1

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 1

Shamus Young ventures into the land of Middle Earth with his "heroic" Hobbit.

Read Full Article

Oh cool! I loved this game while I played it. I found it better than WoW in all respects. What really made it for me was RP, which I'm glad to see you're doing right now ;)

Hell, I even gave up levelling at around 46 just to RP with my fellow Redwolds.

Love Tolkien, too, and this game's the most faithful recreation of his world I've seen; moreso than the movies.

Interesting read, even tho I only "skimmed" through it. I will probably read it tomorrow when I have the time.

For a hobbit, you certainly have a nice rack, Shamus.

This is great! I can't wait to read more. I hope you stick with it for awhile -- I'd like to see your take on things outside the Shire.

This looks like it is going to be entertaining XD Look forward to seeing where this will go!

AndyFromMonday:

A good read, can't wait to see more of the adventures of Lulzy.

This looks brilliant, i've been a fan since DM of the Rings and eagerly await more good stuff!

Ursus Astrorum:

AndyFromMonday:

OT: I LOVE THIS GAME. seriously this is my favorite mmo, but i play as a Elf Hunter.

Ursus Astrorum:

AndyFromMonday:

Hell yeah! I got Gimli!

OT - I hope this one's a keeper, I haven't laughed quite so much for a very, very long time :)

EDIT - BAH! Damn ninjas. My picture's better, though, so nyaah :p

Quick, I must find a picture of Gimli with his axe embedded in an Uruk Hai's nervous system before someone else does...

If this turns out to be as funny as your DM of the Rings, I will be a very, very happy person.

*Thumbs up*
General approval.
Etc etc.

nooooo...stop beating the precious......
Wait... this is funny...
Carry on!

Fantastic. Makes me want to run and split some Unnamed heads.

That was brilliant.

It's funny without trying too hard. I look forward to the rest. =]

I have to say the the concept of "Let's Play..." series really lend themselves better to a video format. Still, this was quite well done, even if it was done with text and screenshots for some reason.

Yes, I've been wanting this since "A Star is Born!" ended. Comedy gold, Shamus.

Ah, I love these things. I expect I'll be clicking on this whenever it hits the main page.

Welcome to Middle Earth :) .. and I love the Gandalf pic. Thankfully the game isn't quite that strict on entrance requirements to stuff, but it's still a pretty strong point of contention for the few places it's used.

And good choice on the lady hobbit.. I've got 3 of them including my main (Lexalea Lilypetals on the Landroval server) and, really, you just can't beat how cute they are. Certainly not a rear end I mind staring at for long stretches of time. :)

By the way, which server are you on, if you don't mind me asking?

This made me really want to re sub to LOTRO for some odd reason. Meh cant complain twas a good game.

This is going to make me pick up my little Hobbit Burglar if I read the rest, which seems to be the plan right now.

Enjoyable read, I liked this game and I love LotR, eagerly awaiting more from Lulzy.

This is fantastic! I've never played LOTRO but this is making me change my mind...

laught so hard I cried.
nice work looking forward to the next one

Chipperz:

You see, his armor is intricately detailed, cool, and fairly practical. Why the hell can't RPG's do something more like that with their armor?

-Stranger-:

Chipperz:

You see, his armor is intricately detailed, cool, and fairly practical. Why the hell can't RPG's do something more like that with their armor?

LOTRO actually does do this with their armour. hehe Heavy armour actually looks like heavy armour, and it looks that way whether you have a male or female avatar. :)

StriderShinryu:

-Stranger-:

Chipperz:

LOTRO actually does do this with their armour. hehe Heavy armour actually looks like heavy armour, and it looks that way whether you have a male or female avatar. :)

They have free trial, right?

-Stranger-:

StriderShinryu:

-Stranger-:

They have free trial, right?

I was just thinking that.

Play a female character, that actually wears armor? Inconcievable!

I can see this turning into the funniest thing on the Escapist.

I love your work Shamus. Keep it up!

That was an awesome read. I think I may look for a trial and do a little "dwarfing" myself.

Woohoo, more Shamus goodness! <3 the opening pic :D

Hrmm...
You know what would be awesome? If someone would purchase me a long subscription time so I can play it again and maybe level up. (Take the hint! /love )

I played the beta, and i came back around some..festival thingy. I won the horse race.
Although I forget what my main character was, the name, even what server it was on. The last one won't be hard to figure out.

Although yes, rather humorous and accurate perspective on it. I'll be twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next one.

This is way too funny :) Please keep up the good work. I cannot imagine you keeping this up all the way to Dol Guldur, but I will enjoy as many of the laughs along the way as you can provide.

I lol'd @

"...shaped like a dumpling? Hey baby you got any fries to go with that bowl of yogurt?"

I'd try it but right now I kinda wraped up in War of Legends, Bayonetta, and Maplestory.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here