Game Dogs: Behind the Scenes

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Behind the Scenes

A behind the scenes look at the making of an episode of Game Dogs.

Watch Video

This had more humour than the episode itself. I'm really hoping the next one will be more in line with "Gary Responds to Game Dogs Forum Questions", that one was actually funny.

lol, That was pretty entertaining, actual cut outs of the characters to work the development...fun, and practical!

I am not sure if you were showing the process to animation or if you were just messing around with puppets.

Either way it was quite funny and I am looking foward to the next episode.

I love Gary`s voice and it was really cool to hear it attached to someone`s forehead rather than just the animation characters. Whoever that forehead belongs to, that voice acting is awesome.

I didnt like this...
When is the real series going to start?:)

So thats how you make an animated series!
And that was actually kind of funnier than the episode itself, interesting.

I wonder if we'll have more of Gary responding to the thread responses.

That would also be pretty funny.

Freede14:
I didnt like this...
When is the real series going to start?:)

The pilot has been released

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/game-dogs/1396-Pilot-Episode-D-D-Kills

Yeah this was all right, but the funniest game dogs related thing so far has been the "replies to forum comments"

lol..1 episode in and a behind the scenes episode?..
still skeptical about it.
and the i agree messy..that one was gr8 ;D.

Lol, that was more funny then the Pilot. Maybe you should just do that instead of the animation, with it being dubbed by the voice actors.

Ha, that was pretty good. lets hope it gets funnier though.

You're really trying to make people like this aren't you?

messy:

Yeah this was all right, but the funniest game dogs related thing so far has been the "replies to forum comments"

did they actually respond to all the negative comments? can you provide a link ^^, nm just found it. pretty funny.

OT: i have a feeling this was meant to be funny, but i just don't feel it.

made the pilot look better, i bet this series is gonna get good around episode 10 or so.

Archemetis:

They need to start tryng harder

I'll continue watching... I still want to see where this goes.

I did not like this episode, I want to continue watching though because I thought that the first one was pretty funny.

bluepilot:
I am not sure if you were showing the process to animation or if you were just messing around with puppets.

I love Gary`s voice and it was really cool to hear it attached to someone`s forehead rather than just the animation characters. Whoever that forehead belongs to, that voice acting is awesome.

This is exactly how we do the animation for Game Dogs. THEN we fix everything in post with $30 million worth of high end animation and special effects computers and programs. After that we auto-tune everything.

The guy on the left is HOT!

Sheesh! Way to give some back-handed compliments, other posters. I guess not everyone gets the humor of this show. I've liked every bit so far, but if I had to rate them on a funniness scale (which completely takes the fun out of funny... so all you're left with is -ny?) this installment would be the least funny, being based on a single joke concept, of a similar style to the joke concept of the "Responds to Forum Questions" bit, and just as perfectly short so as not to overstay its welcome. In any case, I think they've all been good, and I hope the creators get to continue and improve their already pretty good show.

The thing that disturbs me is that they're breaking the #1 rule of animal animation: be consistent with the clothes. The girl has a shirt and skirt, while the nerdy one has only a sweater vest. The small one only wears a tie and the one on the left is just wearing a bandanna. That kind of stuff only causes confusion. But they're also breaking rule #2 which is be funny.

/offtopic

anybody else noticing that the tagline's humor is extremely close, if not the same, to the one used in "Clerks: The animated series"?

bluepilot:

Thank you. I got a laugh out of hearing someone doing an impersonation of me doing Gary.

George Palmer:

This is exactly how we do the animation for Game Dogs. THEN we fix everything in post with $30 million worth of high end animation and special effects computers and programs. After that we auto-tune everything.

The guy on the left is HOT!

But this made me laugh even more. Good stuff guys. XD

Archemetis:

My thoughts exactly...whats next the "anniversary of the first episode" episode? Also...you make the show in a rather amusing way...then purge the humour out in the final cut? Rather unorthodox...

Also, john stop stealing your voice acting from episodes of "the honeymooners"...

I found this to be the most excellent and unique way of doing a read-through and story-boarding for the Game Dogs Pilot Episode. I'm ready for the next episode!

xmetatr0nx:

Archemetis:

My thoughts exactly...whats next the "anniversary of the first episode" episode? Also...you make the show in a rather amusing way...then purge the humour out in the final cut? Rather unorthodox...

Also, john stop stealing your voice acting from episodes of "the honeymooners"...

I suppose you could applaud the innovation of making the final product less funny so that the "behind the scenes" videos can be more funny...
(Not that I found this "behind the scenes" very funny mind...)

Really funny.

xD thats how shows are made, people, don't you know!? Avatar was just paper dolls on sticks before it's final cut!

I lolled.

Lame, sorry.
Spend more time on Apocalypse Lane guys...

Archemetis:

Yea. You know you have a problem when after only one trailer and one pilot you already have two entire videos devoted to rebutting all of the negative criticism.

Pyode:

Archemetis:

Yea. You know you have a problem when after only one trailer and one pilot you already have two entire videos devoted to rebutting all of the negative criticism.

Here's the thing...there are many ways to deal with criticism: ignore it, attack it, try to reason with it, and so forth. We decided to have fun with it and be silly. Thus, you get Game Dog puppets and Jon Etheridge impressions.

Susan Arendt:

Here's the thing...there are many ways to deal with criticism: ignore it, attack it, try to reason with it, and so forth. We decided to have fun with it and be silly. Thus, you get Game Dog puppets and Jon Etheridge impressions.

Fair enough.

I wasn't necessarily commenting on how you where responding to the criticism. I was simply pointing out that it's generally not a good sign that you have had to respond to this much so soon.

I also hope that you will not only respond to the comments, but take them into consideration in future installments.

*Shakes Monitor* BE MORE FUNNY!

Random....Very Random

Way to concentrate solely on the voice actors and ignore the animator's contribution. It is not like animators have personalities or make meaningful decisions.

Jon Etheridge:

But this made me laugh even more. Good stuff guys. XD

They did a pretty freaking good imitation of you. They were better than their own voices!

hamster mk 4:
Way to concentrate solely on the voice actors and ignore the animator's contribution. It is not like animators have personalities or make meaningful decisions.

Um.. what? The two guys in this are the animators. (I'm the one on the right.)

We made this, for fun, in hopes that you guys might get a chuckle out of it. Not as a gimmick, or as retaliation. Just because it made us laugh a little, and we felt like sharing it with you.

It's really that simple.

CaptainCrunch:

hamster mk 4:

Um.. what? The two guys in this are the animators. (I'm the one on the right.)

We made this, for fun, in hopes that you guys might get a chuckle out of it. Not as a gimmick, or as retaliation. Just because it made us laugh a little, and we felt like sharing it with you.

It's really that simple.

Sorry. The video reminded me of all the "making of videos" for big name animated movies where the famous voice people get all the screen time, and the people who draw the characters are largely ignored. I felt like ranting. Still not a fan of the video, but I spoke without full knowledge of the situation and I apologies.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here