Zero Punctuation: Darksiders

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

hmm... i thought he would have said something about how war dies twice and comes back to life again...

oh well great review anyway, also this game isn't that bad its worth a go at the least

tellmeimaninja:

Demoliboy2:

tellmeimaninja:

Demoliboy2:
WAit a second.. Did he said twilight princess was good?

First time i hear him said a zelda game was good O.O

On topic: Pretty good review, but i would love to fight with death..

When did he say that? The only note of Zelda I recall was the "recreating the same game since [whenever the original came out]

Best episode of ZP in a long time.
I want to somehow mod the game so that Yahtzee's rant would play every time I killed an enemy. That might actually make the game worth buying.
"I am a MONSTER TRUCK that walks like a man!"

2:40 "I aprecciate that taking elements from a good game that worked well"

Here you go ;)

Well, he also said the "remaking the same game" thing, so I'm pretty sure he's generally against the series.

Yes he did, and it's partially true, but what would zelda be without any zelda in it :D

And i think his atitute face this matter is a bit hypocrytical (sp?), since he enjoys half life, which have been somewhat the same throughout the series, yet he still wants episode 3 and will most likely face it like episode 2 (quoting him "The structe flows in a encounter- walk- encounter- walk- encounter... and it's fine, thats what made the first HL good").

I guess that is just my stance then :D

His accent sounds faked.

David Bray:

"I'm a monster truck that looks like a man!"

So whom can rustle up a 1440x900 high-rez wallpaper of that scene? I would be interested.

Akuushi:

The Youth Counselor:
Was he being a smartass when he pronounced homage as HOME-edge?

No, that's how it's pronounced in British English. I'd say "HOM-edge" rather than "HOME-edge" too, as "HOME" stretches out the vowel.

Unless you want to sound posh, in which case it's hom-ARRRRRRJ.

I didn't like this epsiode ;/

I've got this game on the day this review went up and I declare, he's right on the money here...and yet I still enjoy playing it. What kind of freak of nature am I?

Also I wish he had done bayonetta first.

Vaprick53:
His accent sounds faked.

Are you an ass?

the only warharmer 40k stuff that sucks are the rts so up yours

This has probably been pointed out before (forgive me for prefering to avoid checking sixteen pages) but Bayonetta isn't actually a GOW ripoff. It's a DMC ripoff...which actually isn't acurate either, since it was made by the creator of the first DMC. However, the demo played like the newer DMC's (3,4) then it does the original one.

SomeBritishDude:
"I AM A MONSTER TRUCK THAT WALKS LIKE A MAN!"

Wow, we've already got a contender for quote of the year.

I NEED that on a T-Shirt!!!

I usually dont, but for this review I laughed out loud. wow/.. well done Yatzhee.

I thought this was a fair bit better than some of his other recent ones.

What do you mean only god of war clones coming out? Mass Effect 2 just came out, along with No More Heroes 2, and Bioshock 2 two is coming soon. Also Red Steel 2 looks really good for a wii game.

P.S. Christ that's a lot of twos

Lets get real... this game is a DEVIL MAY CRY Rip off but crappier. though I have to give you props you where in the right area Yahtzee so there for your still the champ.

Four God of Wars in one month... I wish you luck, Yahtzee.

well good review i think war of god i mean darksiders is okay but bayonetta god of war rip off well i must disagree im affraid im not saying bayonetta is all that great but what it is is the crazy love child of the devil may cry team and boobies since dmc was out 4 years before gow sopose u cant realy call it a ripoff (i appologise for that almost fan boy rant)

Who cares if it's a remake, if it does things better, why complain?

toriver:

SomeBritishDude:

Me too!!

nebtheslayer95:
Who cares if it's a remake, if it does things better, why complain?

see there is the problem there... it doesn't do things better. if anything its the same old crap.. and by the looks of it.. its as crappy as well crap. to tell the truth.. I don't even think Darksiders is a renter... thats how crappy of a game it looks, it deserves to go in the pile of shit that Final Fantasy X-2 is in... Or for fanboys/Fangirls, That one Final Fantasy that doesn't exist, because it ruined everything about the series.

Only one thing I noticed and that was the Warhammer 40K thing. I'm not sure if he just meant if the players are incredibly overweight or just generally blobs of...stuff,but if it was about the weight,I've never seen an overweight 40k player in my life (unless I look in a mirror)
they all tend to be really lanky,skinny people with 5 inch thick glasses and who all die of minor brain haemorrhages whenever a girl walks into the shop.
kind of a petty thing,but still.
this review kicked arse (as usual) by the way.

Akuushi:

The Youth Counselor:
Was he being a smartass when he pronounced homage as HOME-edge?

No, that's how it's pronounced in British English. I'd say "HOM-edge" rather than "HOME-edge" too, as "HOME" stretches out the vowel.

Great! Now if I can track down my Language Arts teachers and rub my "mispronunciation" all over their face.

limbo89:

toriver:

SomeBritishDude:

Me too!!

Fuck a T-shirt, I want a tattoo that covers the bulk of my physical mass

Benjeezy:

Vaprick53:
His accent sounds faked.

Are you an ass?

calm down, hes probably just new here and to that I say welcome friend...also your an ass...and I am a monster truck that walks like a man...outstanding

awesome review, yeah i didn't finish Darksiders i got bored around.. the "ashlands" or something.. it was just the same same same same bleh. I just couldn't go on...

I mean if you're going to have a steriod munching warrior with fully equipped armour with a jumping function - make the jumping work. (the amount of times i double tapped just for old WAR to stare into the abyss always made me giggle)

We won't go into the control systems of the PS3 where by you grab things, use the boomerang and make bombs go boom (which is why the first real boss old flying chops is the hardest one).

Just plain awful, felt like i was playing a drug addicted link with a less annoying "hey-you" called... 'a watcher' yeah.. link never had that problem at all. At least the watcher stays out of sight though unless you call him by holding "select" (did anyone EVER use this ever).

great view, mediocre game (found the bayonetta [bar the sonic rings] and dantes inferno's demos more enjoyable than this game). Plus side i didn't buy it (mass effect 2 is out this week, save money) i borrowed it from my sisters dumb bf who buys anything with a god of war rip off slapped on it.

still the game could have been worse... it could have been Heavenly Sword 2: return of the twing-twang. -cough-

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1-Heavenly-Sword-and-Other-Stuff

I wonder what he will say about heavy rain when it comes out in febuari?

I liked the review and it all made sense however overall I did like the game. It was a creative mix of old gaming methods to try to make something a little more different than the norm for games (aka all being mindless shooters) But yes i will admit that some things just seemed to be a little off. Like yes with God of War it was interesting because it had the fighting games long list of complex moves, Darksiders should have taken that but overall it was at least an interesting idea to take many game ideas and mix them, if not for just the sake of experimenting with something different.

does anyone else worry about yahtzee's blood pressure?

Loving how you made the imp 7 foot tall!

darksiders is NOTHING like god of war. The way it looks from the adverts and videos makes it seem very god of war ish. Im starting to lose respect for your videos. Please dont turn your videos into ign type reviews

I'm glad yahtzee took darksiders off of its giant penis pedistal it needed to be leveled. The game was really boring and not original at all

Play Darksiders on Apocalyptic (Hard) mode your first time through if you want a solid experience, you get punished for mindless button mashing.

"Gilly suit with saucepans"...I HATE THAT FRIGGIN' LOOK!

That's my main peeve against Blizzard's costume design. it looks like a 12yrold did all their games. And don't get me started on big shoulder pads, tiny bras.

War, is either nude or covered in red, a cloak/paint/one article of clothing. Know why? He is a Monster truck that walks like a man. That implies all engine, lack of paintjob.
That was clearly a clonejob of a game. Sickening.

Apocryphal demonology: His other name is Hands. Because those are the most violent objects ever created. Angels don't have "hands".

i am 13 (the age you said war looks cool to) and i totally agree with you, he looks like the artist couldn't put the pencil down and had inspiration from watching the military channels special on heavily armored tanks.

Played through the game, large mistake. It blatantly takes elements from Portal, Zelda and a tad from God of War in a way that feels more awkward than anything else. Each boss fight is repetitive and the way you get to the boss is always the same: go here, fight guys, solve puzzle, face mini-boss, fight more guys, boss fight, wash rinse repeat.

The worst part of it is you are constantly getting new moves, weapons and powers and you can only map a few at a time. So near the end game where the puzzles require you to use multiple it becomes aggravating.

Then you have the dash/block/counter button all in the same place, at least for the 360. The only thing that changes what happens when you hit the buton is if you time it perfectly with an enemy attck and then push directly towards them. Otherwise it takes several attempts to counter even the most pathetic enemy.

Finally you have the non-responsiveness of some jumps and other actions along with a terrible camera that flys around during combat and graphical hiccups throughout the game that ruin the flow of it all.

Otherwise it is a well made game with polished combat and excellent narrative, in the words of Borat, NOT!!!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here