Game Dogs: Episode Two: Break Room

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Episode Two: Break Room

Chet, Roger and Bethany get to create games at Electro Software.

Watch Video

Meh It was okay I suppose...

I don't think Game Dogs is for me

hmmm it was okay but not as good as some other series here, i will check next week to see if it is as awesome as the other series.

really needs better music

You should refrain from using the word "Radical" from now on...

Not as good as the previous episode but I am guessing this is just to push the story so I will remain faithful.

Why didn't they just rip off 'A Dog's Life' or 'Okami'?
Ah, this show could use a little more conflict. How about a British cat in a Trilby hat who makes life rough for the GameDogs with his ridiculously high standards and snarky comments?

Still terrible. I will give it one last try next week.

Didn't laugh even once.

Ok... You're getting there. I found that better than your previous work. It's nice to start getting some actual storyline in there. I like the concept so far.

Not bad but the show needs more work, swearing and a better intro.

Da Joz:
Still terrible. I will give it one last try next week.

Ditto.
Well, not as terrible, though. Maybe my little cousin will like it.

I totally would play that game.

Good episode guys, can't see why everyone is so skeptical about it

Yes, that includes you, Johnny

I think its still warming up but i am starting to really like it!!!

Fur is murder.

Bob kills me! ROFL!

TexaNigerian:
How about a British cat in a Trilby hat who makes life rough for the GameDogs with his ridiculously high standards and snarky comments?

YEAH!

You're a genius.

Better then the pilot.

I would like to see more.

I gave it a chance and it's failed. Too boring and the animation still sucks. I know someone is going to reply with "I don't see you making a video" or something along those lines, but I can't bake a cake either and if someone handed me a cake which is completely burned and filled with hair it's still a bad cake no matter whether I could bake it or not.

Where's the humor? I don't get it...

Seriously: this sounded like a remake of any one out of hundreds of other meetings I have ever been to in a middle-sized software company. Only, I wasn't packing a sword, but "working" on my company laptop, while the department heads were talking to each other about all the great breakthroughs and achievements us software developers were going to perform in the week to come. And everyone wasn't dressed up as dogs, which I still don't get. Why dogs? Idea Dog? Naw, you should call him Ikea Dog - at least that would make me chuckle. Of course, it would also get old real soon, but at least you would make me chuckle during one of your episodes.

5 xp for effort.
5 xp for implementation.
5 xp for uploading your stuff on the Escapist server.

Counting the 110xp I gave you last time, you are now exactly 875 xp away from level 2.
Good luck with that.

I'm saying not bad, but not good either.

the zombie shepards of castle Yargenbark. sounds awesome

not sure where the crazed sword rampage came from but I liked the rest of it

Damn, some real anger being spouted here...
I'm liking the series, alhough not all of it worked as well as probably intended, (the whole sword thing tbh), I thought the jokes were enough to make me crack a smile and a giggle after a long day of feeling ill.

Keep up the good work...or should that be break?

Its really good but not great.

I still enjoyed it, great work guys.

LeonLethality:
You should refrain from using the word "Radical" from now on...

This.

I think I got one laugh out of it, so good job on that front...

radical..... I dont think Ive heard that since the 90s

I was sooooo expecting something from that little dog, but he keeps getting interrupted by the boring employees before he could deliver a good punch line. Consider all the things he could say, his dreams and aspirations, what he really expect from his success. And can't Russ think of anything better to do with idea dogs other than fire them? SURELY he dispatch his Napoleonic rage in a much more entertaining manner....

Also, might we see the story boards some time? Perhaps theirs something being lost in translation between the popsicle stick theater and final animation.

EDIT;

Telperion:
Idea Dog? Naw, you should call him Ikea Dog - at least that would make me chuckle.

Ikea Dog? Do you know what I do with Ikea Dogs? I Pack them in liiiiittle tiny boxes breaking every bone in their body and gag 'em with that little tiny useless wrench AND SHIP EM BACK TO SWITZERLAND!

Ok...this show is just terrible..TERRIBLE! Why does he say everything twice...TWICE?!

Time to put this dog to sleep, gary (aka the cat from apocalypse lane, since voice acting isnt his strength) goes first and not with a needle...sledgehammer. Im done.

And jesus christ radical? Really guys, following "bitchin!" with "radical!", thats what youre going with? To quote another, better series, "your jokes arent even good enough to be on the family channel".

Eh, wasn't as good as the last one. It seemed too long. Perhaps shortening the time to about 4-5 minuts would be better.

Worgen:
radical..... I dont think Ive heard that since the 90s

People said that in the 90's?

OK, and award for most improved in a single week goes to The Game Dogs! This is definitely going uphill, this week got a few cheap laughs out of me, especially the gradually improving spotlight on Chet as he came up with his idea.

Also, I'm just gonna say it before it starts grating on me, can we ditch the "Game Dogs was animated before a live studio audience" thing before it starts wearing out it's welcome? I get the joke, but I just know that it's going to start grating sooner or later :)

I politely request my six minutes and thirty four seconds back. Sorry Escapist, you got goood shit, but this ain't it. Drop the animation division like its hot.

It was....meh

I mean it's cute and all with the dogs, but I'm just not feeling it...It's pretty new so I'm sure (hopefully) there will be some good moments later down the road...

Hmmm... That was interesting.
It sets the foundations for what could be a very good series.

All the series on this site tend to start off slow but always build up and become great. this one has quiet a bit of potential.

stopped watching half way trough.
wasn't funny the first time, I doubt ever will become funny.

edit, watched the other half.
still isn't funny.
Producers, ask yourself:
"Which part makes me laugh?"

this is still on? id prefer unforgotten realms coming back.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here