Unskippable: Sonic Unleashed

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Great episode, loved the flash reference.

One of the best Unskippables of recent times. Seriously, it seems to be back on it's feet. The power rangers reference made me laugh a lot. And I mean a lot.

Damn that's a good opening to an awful game. I think they spent all their time on the cinematics, and forgot to leave time to make the actual game.

For anyone wondering; despite how nice it looks, yes, the game IS terrible.
And I'm a Sonic fan. We cannot deny they've been bad since Heroes.

OK, even if this game is horrible, that intro is kind of epic.

how was there any sound out in space its a vacuum

and I also wanna know how they expect us to believe that sonic fixes the giant cracks in the earth

Never, EVER try to sing the Sonic SatAM theme again. EVER.

Also, FYI about Eggman: His name is officially Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, so both name's work. The reason for the change in North America/Europe pre-Adventure is because of a little band called "The Beatles". Also, "Eggman" is more descriptive. He's shaped like a fucking egg.

Awesome video today guys. Thank you for not going "Why are we watching this? It's SONIC." at the beginning like everyone else would.

I find it interesting that they render the robots, spaceships and explosions in such high quality and then turn around and look at Sonic and think "...nah, let's keep him bland. Everyone likes it that way. Let's be true to his fansOHWAITASECOND"

But how does Eggman survive the pressure of space?

I'm with Yahtzee on this one, take Sonic behind the barn and put two shells in his tear-filled face.

I'd never even heard the character referred to as Eggman before. Ugh. Of course, I haven't played any Sonic games since back when they were actually good, either.

"Take a screenshot and try to tell me what game this is."
"Onimusha 3?"

Patrick_and_the_ricks:
Somehow I just new you guys were going to make a referrence to the old cartoon opening.

Hehe, I was thinking same thing.

Some of the jokes in there are great classics =D

I also thought Sonicteam had ripped off Star Wars in the opening 3 seconds when I first played this game. More hilarious stuff guys.

"Deploy the giant tampon applicator!"

If we could have signatures, I'd totally quote that.

I thought the big gun looked like a giant monky

Great job again guys. The Rita Repulsa quote got me laughing.

How do I still remember that name!?

Eggman land... needs a better name

I was feeling Star Wars even before he said a long time ago.

It was kinda creepy.

How dare they release Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within! Now we are all doomed!

Worth every e-penny.

It is Robotnik. End of story.

"Damn it, Robotnik. Everyone knows that excessive electricity turns you into a werewolf!"
"Werehog?"
"Hogwolf?"
"Hogwere?"
"Werewere?"

That was awesome.

Wow. I mean, usually the I'm inspired to not play a game unskippable does, just because the intro video is so retarded (at least they make it funny). But seriously, the intro sequence to Sonic Unleashed was AMAZINGLY bad. It honestly made me proud that I have never been a Sonic fan (and slightly ashamed that I liked him briefly while playing SSBB).

Wow. What an odd game.
And seriously, he should invest in a flagship that doesn't explode because a few blast-doors covering his escape get busted.
and has more than 3mm of low-grade steel as armour.
Well, that was a good one, even if the space fleet sucked.

Man I love you guys

That was amazing, keep it up

Pretty good episode. I actually thought it was a pretty good cut scene. I don't understand why everyone hates the game, I've had loads of fun with it. Speed levels are awesome, and the were-hog levels are tolerable, if only because they're mostly platforming.

Egg... man? EGG? MAN? What. The. Frak. At least "Dr. Robotnik" has a campy sort of charm to it.

Presumedly if he runs really fast he'll be able to reserve the spin of the planet and make time go backwards and fix everything? That's totally solid physics, right?

darian Nenith:
Pretty good episode. I actually thought it was a pretty good cut scene. I don't understand why everyone hates the game, I've had loads of fun with it. Speed levels are awesome, and the were-hog levels are tolerable, if only because they're mostly platforming.

That's because they blindly believe everything that Yahtzee says.

Man... that voice sounds so familiar...

Dr. Robotnic: Gentlemen! I have genetically spliced the double-helix of a hedgehog with that of my roommate, Randall!

Onyx Oblivion:

Random Wanderer:
Egg... man? EGG? MAN? What. The. Frak. At least "Dr. Robotnik" has a campy sort of charm to it.

I can't believe there are still people angry about this. Seriously, his name is Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik since 1999. In Japan he was always called Eggman.

What's wrong with these villians? Why they always want to destroy the world? I'm curious
P.S.
Robotnik's Red Spaceship looks like a funfair... for Sonic :P

Wow, Sonic can breathe in space... like Batman!

Darkstar370:

Onyx Oblivion:

Random Wanderer:

I can't believe there are still people angry about this. Seriously, his name is Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik since 1999. In Japan he was always called Eggman.

Yes, well. Eggman sounds stupid. Is he attacking people with eggs or robots...or ROBOT EGGS?!

It's quite overwhelming how many things they ripped off.

Onyx Oblivion:

Darkstar370:

Onyx Oblivion:

Random Wanderer:

Yes, well. Eggman sounds stupid. Is he attacking people with eggs or robots...or ROBOT EGGS?!

"Ivo" is the reverse of "ovi" which is the combining form of "ovum" meaning simply, egg.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here