Indie Developer Showcase, Day Two: VVVVVV

Indie Developer Showcase, Day Two: VVVVVV

If Portal came out for the NES, it might look a little something like this.

Read Full Article

i tried the demo for VVVVVV and it was interesting but a little to hard for me to enjoy it, but i love the fact that you are focusing more on indie titles lately(you being the escapist).

Lovely to see this featured here! I stumbled upon VVVVVV (literally, via StumbleUpon) a couple of days ago - the demo is great, I'll be picking up the full game as soon as I can stump up the money.

Get ready to bounce...

What are you doing to my brain! It's melting!!!

I love that game! The sheer crazyness of it is brilliant.

Oh man, this game. I can't believe how much I keep playing it, even after beating it so many times.

I especially like that there are very few "cheap tricks" in this game, you almost always get a chance to see what's coming. Then, even on the rare occasions something particularly unfair happens, it's usually just one room and there's a checkpoint there. This is how to make a game hard without making it punishing or too frustrating. Not to mention how amazing the music feels with every section, especially (in my opinion) the tower section. That song in there is just perfect.

SUPER GRAVITRON!

This is pretty snazy! Nice work to the developer!

I played the demo a few days ago, I saw (and played) "Don't look back" browsing trough Alt + Escape and I found a video of vvvvvv at the "developers site" link.

VERY creative game indeed, when you strip a game to the bare basics like these examples, the gameplay shines or tanks the entire game. And these games certainly shine.

Demo was great and I thought about buying the whole thing, but $15 seems like a bit much.

A very good idea Team Escapist, a feature I will most definitly enjoy.
Unlike "Gamedogs"

Keep stuff like this up!

It kills a few minutes until I got bored of it so I suppose it is okay if you like that sort of thing.

Well, I liked it. Good idea I say!
Not to mention I enjoy hearing about/playing indie games.

This game, is perfect!

It has one of the simplest stories in gaming (I.E. your ship is attacked, your crew mates are lost, go look for crew mates) and it has unique portal like puzzles. If I can get the money I will buy it.

5/5

I played VVVVVV over at Newgrounds less than a week ago.. And i liked it! THE MUSIC IS EPIC! I do not however believe it is worth 15$.. maybe 8$ but even then i would consider it..

thecaptainof:
Lovely to see this featured here! I stumbled upon VVVVVV (literally, via StumbleUpon) a couple of days ago - the demo is great, I'll be picking up the full game as soon as I can stump up the money.

same i found it on newgrounds

I love how the game's story is consistent with itself but on the game itself you're dodging ghosts and jumping stop signs.

It's a great game, but I don't think I'm hardcore enough to play it :-P I'll buy it if they do one of those anniversay sales all the cool kids are doing nowadays.

Wow played this for 5 minutes and I'm addicted...its mind boggling

Doesn't get much more retro then this. Great fun.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here