Escapist News Network: iPhonomenon

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

iPhonomenon

The iPhone becomes the next big thing in portable gaming.
Become a fan on Facebook!

Watch Video

You know what was the biggest name is gaming before IPhones? TI-84 calculators. Man everyone had one and played tetris or breakout. I still don't see how i-phones are the bext big anything in portable gaming. Most phones play games of some kind and have for years. My droid plays them just like the iphone. I don't get why the iPhone is everything. Like we forget anything else exists or is rather popular.

Objective-C needs to die in a fire anyway. What a load of dreck.

The iPhone has actually become a serious gaming system. Somehow.

It still boggles my mind.

Yep, the iPhone is the next portable game system.

I wonder how crazy people will go for the next Apple invention, the iTablet?

I noticed the return of 'cinematic' and 'compelling'...
Heh.
Still, I suppose it is surprising how well the iPhone is doing as a portable gaming platform...

"You won't, be able, to resist. Join us..."

Another hilarious episode of ENN. Good job guys and girls.

[Two thumbs up]

Great episode guys.

Join us...
I can see he could barely hold in his laughs at that time

And thus, nothing is ever heard of from the LRR team ever again, save "bloops" and "beeps" from their hypnotic iPhones...

Funny stuff! I never realised Apple spokes people had been replaced with ROJO...

I lol'd at the Doom on the microwave.
I see what they mean about the iPhone, last week i had a go at some of my friends games on there and now whenever i see him i demand his phone just so i can play some thing thats crap. Its amazing! D:

Peggle noises!
That's all I need to boot it up again.

Ha. Awesome episode. Key moments for me:
- Actiblizzion
- Doom Microwave
- iPhone hypnosis

It can be rather addictive. The whole reason I bought an iTouch was because I need something to do while I poop...and I can't carry a book around at work.

Wait, what was that reference they used during the Heavy Rain segment? It sounds so familiar... Also, that dog at the end is adorable!

Join Us

Melancholy_Ocelot:
It can be rather addictive. The whole reason I bought an iTouch was because I need something to do while I poop...and I can't carry a book around at work.

Thats exactly what I use my iPhone for these days...
Although I have been getting into alot of trouble at work for the length of my toilet breaks.

I was actually a little disappointed that the pre-lights intro segment wasn't paid off at the end. But then, given Graham's reaction, maybe I should be okay with that.

Halfway through this review i picked up my i-phone and started playing Bejewelled 2 i did not realise the irony until i heard them playing it at the end

Totally true :D

Stark is pretty good at Peggle, by the sounds of things :3

and this is why i do not have an iPhone
i will not join you!

Tharticus:
Yep, the iPhone is the next portable game system.

I wonder how crazy people will go for the next Apple invention, the iTablet?

You know how crazy people go for sales on Black Friday?

I like myself some Macs, but the iPhone never really caught my interest as a gaming platform.

Kevin Biersack, im shaking my fist in your general direction!

Jannycats:
Wait, what was that reference they used during the Heavy Rain segment? It sounds so familiar...

Reminds me of a Soulja Boy review.

Go on, click the link. You know you want to.

Jannycats:
Also, that dog at the end is adorable!

I'm more of a cat person, but I still totally agree with you.

... That just sent a shiver down my spine. People who play iPhones make me nervous. And so help me, I will not be held responsible for what happens when I'm nervous.... Like stabbing out the eyes of said player with a ice pick while screaming something about trying to suck out my soul.

"Join us" lol

I can imagine it written into the sky

D4zZ:
Peggle noises!
That's all I need to boot it up again.

I noticed that too! YAY FOR PEGGLE! :)

(I also own an iPhone)

join us

Wooo, Nathan! A compelling performance.

I really liked the credits sequence; I was expecting a punchline, but I actually found the way the iPhone's addictiveness overrode the usual format even funnier.

I'm sorry, but that dog was the best part of the whole video. Hands-down.

Great episode! Loved the ending.

Is there a reason why one of the tags for this video is iphoe?

Loved the "Also Contains Violent, Sexual Drug Use"

Okay,which one of them was playing Peggle?
I heard it.

good ep as usual :D..
and too bad i had already joined the cult with my new itouch 3g..aha..
escapists really need to make a mobile version of the site :D..
so we can view it with safari :D

Lost me when they tried to say that Nintendo only just learned that you can sell shit, If that where true the Wii would not cost two hundred dollers. Nintendo has known for a long time that it is not quality but nostalgia and gimmicks. Sony and Microsoft are just learning this now.

The whole thing about people being zombified and sucked into the apple mind control has something I have seen for years even before the existence of the I-phone and I appreciate that you took the time to showcase it. Also the Dog was a really good addition to the episode. If that was some one from the LRRs dog it should show back up randomly in other episodes.

Put down your iPhones, I want to know what was so disgusting.

Hmm I found this episode a little week; funny in places but normal high standard

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here