Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 2

Lulzy meets Amdir the brave, wise and deeply intelligent.

Read Full Article

Excellent, I'm really enjoying this LOTR Online strip and I hope that the rest of the series is just as funny

I am entertained.

That song was hilarious. Hilarious I say.

Dangit, you made me pick up this game, and it's more addictive than cocaine!

I am a lvl 62 Hunter on [EN] Eldar, if anyone wants some help or advice PM me, My name is Eloros :D

also its good to see that LOTRO is finnaly getting the attention it is owed!

The song at the end was brilliant.
What server are you on?

Kill100577:

Amen to that.
EDIT: And I'm a 64 Captain on Nimrodel, PM me (Corpuswulf) if you need anything.

I'm loving these, keep them coming they give me a reason to check back every Wednesday on the Escapist.

Kill100577:

I'd give it attention if it didn't want me to pay monthly. =P

I look forward to another tale from the Lulzy bard.

Oh Shamus! You're making me laugh out loud at work!

Damn you! (grin)

Leslee

That looked like the most Un-besieged town in the history of warfare, towns and anything else ever

Seriously, I've seen worse-off places that were completley and utterly liberated...like Cheltenham, for example

Oh he's much denser than that.

The Elves! Oh great we are all saved! lol

I'm loving this. Wasn't too sure about it at first but it is hilarious.

And you continue to impress us Shamus.

This series is shaping up to be amazing. Keep it up!

I love how easily you spot the illogical things in games and make hearty fun at them :)

Shouldn't the Nazguls be brandishing scythes, by the way?

lol, got to say I'm enjoying the adventures of lulzy.
How will her quest ends? :O

Btw, the song was great.

A hat of to you good Sir, as a veteran of MMOs (and gaming in general) I think you make an excellent point considering storytelling/writing in genral. When the heart of the saga (story and immersion) is forced to take the backseat, one have to ask himself, does the gameplay/community/whatever reason make up for the blatent misstakes of this particular aspect of the game.

Very valid points presented in a highly enjoyable format,thought provoking and 'light' reading at the same time.

Bonus points for sticking it to the elves.

...will be following this one...

EDIT:Spelling

Galad:
I love how easily you spot the illogical things in games and make hearty fun at them :)

Shouldn't the Nazguls be brandishing scythes, by the way?

Shamus has a talent for finding the things in a game(or movie) that you didn't think about at the time, but then realized how ridiculous they were once he pointed them out. His best example of this is http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=945

Even better than the first part. :) Since everyone else is giving out their character info..
main amongst my army of alts is Lexalea Lilypetals, Level 65 Guardian on the Landroval server.

...gunna need that song at the end on mp3, =P

haha so your only playing an hour a week?
pah, it must not be that good then

That is a pretty nice-looking town. If I had to be besieged somewhere...

Another great installment! Looking forward to the rest; it's always good to see my favorite game be the source of a few jokes.

And since everyone's giving their character info: Turnholm Twofoot, 65 Hobbit Minstrel, on Firefoot.

Ah, but that was clever.

"I'm sorry, but my eyes are foggy and my mind confused" would be my favorite part. :)

ah i wonder how empty that place is now <.<

Because of this series, I actually got the 10 day trial. I started a female hobbit (I figured, Shamus is doing it, why not?) Hunter, which is actually a fairly badass class, as it turns out. I named my character Orannia. After your name troubles, I felt clever about that.

Anyway, I got to the end of the whole Archet area thing, but it says I must download the full game to go further, and my computer is downloading at a speed of about 1 kilabyte a second, and I haven't payed for anything so I don't really care enough to do it.

I'm really enjoying this Let's Play, even more so than LP: Champions Online.

I'm linking them on my server's forum to spread the word! You fellow LOTRO players should do the same.

Here's a link to my original post: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?p=4345055#post4345055

I think the Escapist needs its own Let's Play section. Can we start that please? I'll start writing one for one of my old Xbox games soon.

GRoXERs:
I think the Escapist needs its own Let's Play section. Can we start that please? I'll start writing one for one of my old Xbox games soon.

I would so contribute to that. I don't know why I haven't made a Let's Play anyway, I really should.

GRoXERs:

orannis62:

GRoXERs:

I would so contribute to that. I don't know why I haven't made a Let's Play anyway, I really should.

THIS, I would love to see the Escapist take to more LPs.

And thus, with sarcasm dripping, you point out the only real problem I had with this game... which is ironically also meant to be its selling point; its Middle Earth. If this were any other place I'd be happy to serve my apprenticeship killing rats in the tavern basement, blissfully unaware of The Dark Lord (tm) looming on my horizon, about 45 levels away. But in Middle Earth I already know that the Nazgul's horse should be able to kick my arse without breaking a sweat or unduly joslting its rider, which makes me feel irrelevant. And at the same time I want to skip all this lowby shite and go see how Saruman turned out - an instant invitation to an excruciatingly painful death.

When I did the 10-day trial I spent half of it trying to get to Rivendell at level notmuch instead of following the quest chains I was supposed to be doing.

orannis62:
Because of this series, I actually got the 10 day trial. I started a female hobbit (I figured, Shamus is doing it, why not?) Hunter, which is actually a fairly badass class, as it turns out. I named my character Orannia. After your name troubles, I felt clever about that.

Anyway, I got to the end of the whole Archet area thing, but it says I must download the full game to go further, and my computer is downloading at a speed of about 1 kilabyte a second, and I haven't payed for anything so I don't really care enough to do it.

Sounds like you're using the Turbine Download Manager? Sadly, it's not the greatest piece of software. You can try closing the program and then resuming the download, that might get the download speed back up to something actually measurable.

StriderShinryu:

orannis62:

Sounds like you're using the Turbine Download Manager? Sadly, it's not the greatest piece of software. You can try closing the program and then resuming the download, that might get the download speed back up to something actually measurable.

Yeah. I tried opening and closing it several times, is there some other piece of software other than Turbine Download Manager I can use, or is that it?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here