Game People Calling: The Girl with Paper in Her Hair

Game People Calling: The Girl with Paper in Her Hair

Game People Calling showcases some of Lottie Rose's haiku reviews.

Read Full Article

That's the coolest way to review a game!

Hey wait - wasn't this already done by domble?

That is just awesome.

beautiful colors, and the po'ms can be funny. I'll be back for more!

Creative to say the least.
Very nice Paper Folding and Poems.
Should try bigger games though (but i guess a haiku for something like Gears would be difficult)

So awesome that they used lucky stars for the Super Mario Galaxy review. I often mindlessly make those paper stars when waiting for loading screens. :D

Looking forward to other such reviews!

That's a new way of review's plus it's short sweet and to the point

Creative! If every "Game People Calling" is gonna be as good as this one then I'll definitely be a regular reader!

Very creative way to review a game! If nothing else it gives a (very) quick snapshot of what the game's about and gets me interested in finding out more.

Strange but a rather interesting way to review a game.

It's clever, but it's the kind of thing that would be done like a one panel comic. Short, sweet, and constantly done. It would be a nice thing to see every day, but it would have to be done every single day to be noticeable.

Darth Caelum:
Should try bigger games though (but i guess a haiku for something like Gears would be difficult)

I'd love to see Lottie tackle something like Gears. A massive paper Brumak might take a year to make but be frickin' awesome.

Didn't Game People also give us the incomparable Rebecca Mayes?

Gotta love seeing how people with actual artistic sensibilities share our passion for gaming, and sometimes even have their work inspired by it.

Hey can we post our own?

What makes me a good
Demoman? Pyro? Heavy?
Lots and lots of SPAM

Darth Caelum:

The haiku would be the easy part

Marcus turns to Cole
Welling tears, full of longing
Asks him "Where's my wife??"

feather240:
It's clever, but it's the kind of thing that would be done like a one panel comic. Short, sweet, and constantly done. It would be a nice thing to see every day, but it would have to be done every single day to be noticeable.

This

It's a sweet idea, and certainly relatively unique, but I worry about how much of a point you can get across in the space of of 17 syllables, assuming you only do one poem per game. It would be a nice little extra inclusion to read each day, but I don't think it can be comparable to a traditional review of a game.

Incidentally, is it just me, or does "Ticky tacky game play" only have 6 syllables?

whaleswiththumbs:
That is just awesome.

I have to admit, I do like the articles.

Plus, since British based, they have some nice local stuff too

this is really refreshing. i like it

Nice to see others,
Using the 5 7 5,
Beauty of Haiku.

What a fantastic way to get a review across in a quick but perfectly formed statement. Wonderful.

Darth Caelum:

have a go and find out!

Really clever way of writing a review with a twist. I like it :)
Love to see an epic RPG like Dragon Age: Origins or Mass Effect 2 to be reviewed in that style, but guessing it'd be rather awkward!

300lb. Samoan:
Hey can we post our own?

What makes me a good
Demoman? Pyro? Heavy?
Lots and lots of SPAM

Fold an origami flamethrower and you win the prize!

I'm loving these! I just checked out the Game People site and they seem to be offering some interesting content generally, but these are definitely the most imaginative reviews I've seen. I especially love the way the restrictions of the haiku format make them seem quite philosophical - less is definitely more sometimes.

That takes time and talent to do. Bravo to them

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here