Reliable Source: Revenge, Sex on the Battlefield 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reliable Source: Revenge, Sex on the Battlefield 2

Which would you choose: objective-based squad combat or your wife?

Read Full Article

Jesus, what a quite sad story. Can't believe she went that mad over a video game.

I would buy the book with the full story of your life. seems quite amazing!

I always get jealous when people have a more interesting life than me.

...I tend to get jealous a lot.

Is any of this strictly true?

hURR dURR dERP:
I always get jealous when people have a more interesting life than me.

...I tend to get jealous a lot.

People who have interesting lives usually have a significant love interest involved. When i had a significant love interest, that part of my life would be biographers dream, now i don't, and hell my life is pretty uninteresting right now. It goes something along the lines off

1)wake up,
2)procrastinate on the Escapist
3)do work
4)procranstinate on the Escapist, eat lunch
4)eat dinner
5)watch movie or go out with friends.

...and Insert random moment of depression infrequently between these points.

I thought the article was a great read, in my opinion Marion should not have driven off on his ex-wife, nor ignored her calls. On the other hand, the wife should have been more tolerant towards Marions gaming habits...so in a way, both are in the wrong, altough i think Marion wasted a damn good opitunity to salvige the relationship by driving away...but i think he knows it.

BF2 was a bitchin game, as was UT :) Cant blame the guy, she didnt love him for him, she just wanted to mould him into something he wasnt. Better to leave her in a strip mall than soend the rest of his days as an immasculated castrated version of himself.

Thank god I'm not married, I've fallen in love with Bad Company 2 already. ;)

Very touching. Nice deviation from regular... irregularity.

I loled I cried , It was a pretty good story.

So this is the story of a man ready to give up his personality to satisfy the woman he loved? When it is eventually revealed that he didn't give up his entire personality, she goes into a fit of rage, he ditches her to play the computer game the argument started over and they barely seem to try and work it out? Then, many years later he eventually grows at least enough of a spine to stand her up when they are about to make the same mistake again and she's looking away.

I am not entirely sure what the point with this entire story was. I can't find any message or moral in this story and it seems to be more about dysfunctional relationships than about nerdiness or games. If someone found a moral with it, please tell me.

Okay, this may or may not be a humorous article, but I have to admit: with the exception of the part about the angry girlfriend/wife, I've pretty much been living my life like this for the past few years. It is amazing.

I think everyone should try this at least once. Think of it as a religious pilgrimage. Towards geekdom.

Marion Cox:
Fuck me once, shame on you; fuck me twice, yeah, well, not this time.

This is now my new favorite quote.

Leaving her there was kinda messed up. Am I the only person who finds that to be a very inappropriate reaction?

Leaving her may not have been the best thing to do, but oddly enough I think I understand. I hope you find (or already have found) someone better.

This is hilarious. You had sex with her then left her in a parking lot. That is epic.

rynocerator:
Leaving her there was kinda messed up. Am I the only person who finds that to be a very inappropriate reaction?

Yeah, reading that was heartbreaking for me, thinking of how she must have felt, but I do realise how in situations like those, you kind of go insane. :/

rynocerator:

Very.

If I could keep my sanity in a heartbreakingly insane moment, he could have too.

That was....interesting.

It points out a flaw I too often see in people, especially women (not meaning to be sexist)

They think people can change, if they try hard enough.

But the truth is, people don't really change unless "they" want to. There isn't a way to force it. The story was a sad one, with not really a good way to see it end. I was actually kind of happy with how it ended. While it wasn't the most "adult" thing to do, it was something that needed to be done. Because once again, people don't change unless they want to. Chances are she had not changed at all, and he did not change either.

Wow, the more I read myself, the more I sound like a cold hearted bastard.

I guess I'll end with my choice. The Objective based squad combat. It is what I like to do, and nobody should issue me an ultimatum to have to change from doing what I like. No one but me.

I'd really like confirmation from the author on whether this story is really true! I don't think he has claimed anywhere so far that this is actually the сase...

Also, I like how real life stories are often the most interesting stories, but often don't seem to have any kind of obvious moral or lesson at the end :D

That was obviously a trap. She will get pregnant now.
Dear Mr. Cox, you've just sexed your way into slavery.

Gethsemani:
So this is the story of a man ready to give up his personality to satisfy the woman he loved? When it is eventually revealed that he didn't give up his entire personality, she goes into a fit of rage, he ditches her to play the computer game the argument started over and they barely seem to try and work it out? Then, many years later he eventually grows at least enough of a spine to stand her up when they are about to make the same mistake again and she's looking away.

I am not entirely sure what the point with this entire story was. I can't find any message or moral in this story and it seems to be more about dysfunctional relationships than about nerdiness or games. If someone found a moral with it, please tell me.

The moral of the story is Bitches Be Crazy.

That was an absolute joy to read. Why do I get the feeling he hasn't seen the last of that "B" yet? ^^

Always a joy to read, always a burden to empathize with.

honestly... if she was trying to change you into something you were not and something she was as well for appearances... then she couldn't have been that great,
my condolences

R.I.P
Molyneux

Jonatron:
Very touching. Nice deviation from regular... irregularity.

I think thats the only words I could have used too XD

Cryo84R:

Gethsemani:

The moral of the story is Bitches Be Crazy.

That was pretty funny considering I was looking for an actual moral response... :D

Gethsemani:

Well, it's about dysfunctional relationships in terms that nerds and gamers can relate to, isn't it?

In this case, if you want to get something out of it, stop looking for the moral and just observe.

-- Alex

Marion Cox, you are a genius, and if anything you have said here is true, a very very very unlucky genius.

I just remembered my initial thought on the title.
"Can love bloom on the battlefield?"

I know there is a video game in this story...
But why is this on the escapist?

Go whine and write a book like normal divorcees.

being new here i have to ask... was that a metaphor?

AvauntVanguard:
I know there is a video game in this story...
But why is this on the escapist?

Go whine and write a book like normal divorcees.

Shut up. Yeah, i said it beezy.

This was an incredibly interesting story first of all, and the main plot took place because of a videogame. Happy?

Loved the story! My husband is currently obsessed with MAG and well...I wouldn't push my luck, I know I would be replaced ;)
I'm also a HUGE gamer myself, so he's not worried about having to choose. I kind of felt sorry for her at the end of the story, but you know what...B MADE YOU THROW OUT COMICS MAN!!! She SOOO deserved that! COMICS!!

*gasp gasp* ok I'm calm now...

Great story, now let's not have that happen to other nerd collections, we must think of the collections :S

Excellent. I actually like this one in comparison to the other articles you wrote. Much more interesting.

I wonder how much, if any of it, is true.

oooh crap... that cerainly didn't give me a good impression of marriage. She really threw away all your games, miniatures and nerd-stuff?

I'm starting to think of that last line of Yahtzee's review of Sims 3, beginning: "All women are evil"...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here