Reliable Source: Revenge, Sex on the Battlefield 2

Pages PREV 1 2

Shit, maaan. Well that's what happens when one side tries to fulfill theirs dreams through someone else. Still, leaving her in the parking lot after boning her? Dang, it's hard not to put this "b" between "//".

This was a more sober affair than usual. You paint a good picture.

Wow

This is like an actually believable and non-cheesy version of the "Be Yourself" stories

Wow

Just...just Wow

What a B, though!

That was an interesting read.

Personally I prefer to live an uneventful and boring life - working 8 to 4, loving my girlfriend, doing chores, meeting friends on a regular basis and going to see relatives on a semi-regular basis. I'm very...comfortable...

Before marriage:

drugs, gaming, "nerdery" etc.

After marriage:

no drugs, no games, no "nerdery"

What kind of a person changes like that? >.<

edit: On second thought, ma-aybe, just maybe, the aforementioned ex-wife and harpy was simply missing the romp with you so badly that she just had to errr, make your life miserable once more but get her way with it.

I'd be very amused if we get some sort of a reply from her in this thread, mind you, not from some imposter, attention wannabe, but from the real person :D

Telperion:

Personally I prefer to live an uneventful and boring life - working 8 to 4, loving my girlfriend, doing chores, meeting friends on a regular basis and going to see relatives on a semi-regular basis. I'm very...comfortable...

You fricking tool!

That's nice.

Nickolai77:

hURR dURR dERP:
I always get jealous when people have a more interesting life than me.

...I tend to get jealous a lot.

People who have interesting lives usually have a significant love interest involved. When i had a significant love interest, that part of my life would be biographers dream, now i don't, and hell my life is pretty uninteresting right now. It goes something along the lines off

1)wake up,
2)procrastinate on the Escapist
3)do work
4)procranstinate on the Escapist, eat lunch
4)eat dinner
5)watch movie or go out with friends.

...and Insert random moment of depression infrequently between these points.

I thought the article was a great read, in my opinion Marion should not have driven off on his ex-wife, nor ignored her calls. On the other hand, the wife should have been more tolerant towards Marions gaming habits...so in a way, both are in the wrong, altough i think Marion wasted a damn good opitunity to salvige the relationship by driving away...but i think he knows it.

Me too...

OT: Nice story, although I do kind of miss the report style articles from before.

I only wish I could write like that. Excellent story telling. Sad tale, but thanks for telling it so adeptly.

Yeah, I've made the kindness mistake before.

rynocerator:
Leaving her there was kinda messed up. Am I the only person who finds that to be a very inappropriate reaction?

I am in agreement that that sort of reaction might have been a little bit crazy. Seems like she would likely not be too down with that. Then again this whole story has seemed pretty messed up to me. Still very intriguing though...

Excellent story, my first post back in the legal escapist world... after 3 days.

Marion..this is probably the best one you've written yet!
I seriously lol'd when I read the Peter M. joke. That was perfect.
Only criticism I have is you need another lead in besides "let me explain", or the related phrases. Kinda throws it off for me.

And to all of you who are newish to these articles... you really think he wouldn't be in jail if it was true?

feather240:

Telperion:

You fricking tool!

That's nice.

Nickolai77:

hURR dURR dERP:
I always get jealous when people have a more interesting life than me.

...I tend to get jealous a lot.

People who have interesting lives usually have a significant love interest involved. When i had a significant love interest, that part of my life would be biographers dream, now i don't, and hell my life is pretty uninteresting right now. It goes something along the lines off

1)wake up,
2)procrastinate on the Escapist
3)do work
4)procranstinate on the Escapist, eat lunch
4)eat dinner
5)watch movie or go out with friends.

...and Insert random moment of depression infrequently between these points.

I thought the article was a great read, in my opinion Marion should not have driven off on his ex-wife, nor ignored her calls. On the other hand, the wife should have been more tolerant towards Marions gaming habits...so in a way, both are in the wrong, altough i think Marion wasted a damn good opitunity to salvige the relationship by driving away...but i think he knows it.

Me too...

OT: Nice story, although I do kind of miss the report style articles from before.

Well, we do have ENN now. Kind of like an audio/visual version pf the old one.

Marion, you are a hero, and a true man, having broken away from the usual emotional manipulations of useless women who can't offer an ounce of respect to anything a man does on his own time. Though you should have driven away while she was walking up for maximum public effect. With a middle finger out the window.

Hope she didn't get pregnant, so the crocodile tear-crying 'B' can't try to collect child support and such.

If she does come to you with that sort of threat, make sure you get a paternity test. She's probably played this game with other men. And she WILL try to get you back. Chicks dig jerks.

Epoetker:

If she does come to you with that sort of threat, make sure you get a paternity test. She's probably played this game with other men. And she WILL try to get you back. Chicks dig jerks.

Who's the jerk in this scenario?

I'm hoping this was at least embellished a bit.

Welp, now I'm depressed. Gonna go brood over my own failure of a love life.

Ok, you both are FUCKING CRAZY! You and your ex!

But i did get a laugh out of the story at least, so kudos for that.

Am I supposed to sympathize with you? Your ex? I sympathize with no one in this story, you are both morally reprehensible douchebags. Your ex is a psycho bitch, but she's right, you are painfully immature.

From my perspective, a psycho bitch married an immature douchebag. You guys deserved each other. Somewhere along the way somebody, anybody somewhere should have thought better. Epic fail.

This has probably been said before but, you put me in mind of Hunter S. Thompson.
I look forward to more 'Brash and Callow on a Gamers Trail'.

Ugh, what a rough relationship. I'm getting married in March, and I know that my fiancee would never do that to me because she's a nerdy gamer too! :)

Epitome:
BF2 was a bitchin game.

It wasn't a bitchin' game. It still is a bitchin' game. Much like Battlefield 1942 before it.

I just wish Dice would make me a legitmate Battlefield 3. You know, PC only and full of awesome.

jjcobra:

Epitome:
BF2 was a bitchin game.

It wasn't a bitchin' game. It still is a bitchin' game. Much like Battlefield 1942 before it.

I just wish Dice would make me a legitmate Battlefield 3. You know, PC only and full of awesome.

I use the past tense because I'm a Bad Company man nowadays :) yeah a PC only version....hahahahaha not gonna happen I'm afraid. Even if they did make it there would be no dedicated servers, or modding tools etc etc. Hate to break it to you but its consoles first, PC's afterthought in the FPS market these days. How does it feel to have the genre you built turn around and snub you? :)

she loved you, she didn't want those comics and games to be your whole life, i understand that, how can you just move out to play some more games over trying to settle things down with your own wife, she wouldn't treat the whole thing so seriously if you had a looser connection to your inner nerd, like any normal person, any of this wouldn't happen if you have the balls to set things straight from the beginning, instead you curl in a corner and then blame ev'rything on her, you didn't have a slight idea of what she was going through, how can you call her a bitch

people grow up, they keep interest in their old hobbies, but you can't be a 7 year old your whole life

I really think that the only thing I would've done differently was leave a sticky note where the car was originally parked saying "I'm going out for a pack of smokes" to get a sense of irony.

Freemon:
I would buy the book with the full story of your life. seems quite amazing!

"Who's the jerk in this scenario?"

Marion, of course. But I'm willing to forgive male jerkitude far more than I'm willing to forgive women playing manipulative games with a marriage. Walking out was exactly the right response...AND IT WORKED, insofar as it motivated the woman to try to get him back.

It is women, after all, who file for around 70% of all divorces-mostly from boredom and lack of social pressure to keep their vows:

http://theoccidentalquarterly.com/archives/vol7no2/v7no2_Devlin.pdf

Her strategy would have been "Pursue and discard until I find Mr. Right" anyway. The fact that she didn't produce any children is evidence of her immaturity and unsuitability for any long term relationship. Let her sorry trifling self talk about being adult when she's willing to accept adult responsibilities!

I will say that Marion was a wee bit immature-he should have simply laughed in her face when she first tried to make a big deal out of having Battlefield 2. Or when she suggested throwing out everything nerd-related, but you live, you learn. Congratulations on the realization of what's really important and breaking away from one who would have done everything in her power to turn you into a slave.

The dating and marriage scene is messed up because of female fantasies, not male ones. It is females who have too much corrupting power in marriages, not males. And the ones least likely to listen to reason in relationship discussions and revert to emotional or sexual gamesmanship at the first sign of losing the argument are females, not males.

That was a really depressing story, largely because it doesn't seem finished yet. YOUR biggest mistake was boning her in the back of the car- what the hell were you thinking? Any man who has sex with girls who he REALLY knows he shouldn't, even crying women who you've slept with countless times before, is an idiot. I don't accept that men aren't responsible for doing what their dick tells them. But otherwise, you didn't do TOO badly, apart from panicking and running after sex.

If any girl told me to choose between my collection of geek-related property and her, I'd turn around and walk away without another word because she clearly doesn't know the FIRST thing about me. I can live without sex, quite easily, and even without a girlfriend brothels are legal in Australia. I can NOT live without my collection of games, anime and other assorted geekdoms because these really are the only things that interest me. Asking me to give those up would be like asking me to get a full-frontal lobotomy; there simply wouldn't be any "me" left. I HAVE to get a geek girlfriend, because there is simply no other woman with whom I could have any kind of relationship- not even a platonic friendship.

I simply cannot believe all this happened over a copy of battlefield 2.

...battlefield 1942 however, would have made it totally understandable.

Damn like looking in a mirror. My first wife and I split up literally over Phantasy Star Online and Shenmue. Thank god I met my current wife playing Counter-strike(we were in the same clan). Note I'm currently banned from buying steam games. I don't have much defense though. I own 136 games on steam, I've beaten maybe 20 now, and I'm still playing more counter-strike than anything else.

I salute you sir & share your pain.

this has to be a joke. it can not be true. your wife went nuts over games, you helped your stoner buddy out of depression, and you then had sex with your ex-wife. this is madness.

CloggedDonkey:
this has to be a joke.

Don't worry, it's fiction.

-- Alex

Alex_P:

CloggedDonkey:
this has to be a joke.

Don't worry, it's fiction.

-- Alex

well, that's a load of my mind, but I was expecting

2 years without sex and she wanted kids ?

Well, That gave me insanly huge oppifiany.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here