LoadingReadyRun: iPotato

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

iPotato

Apple announces the latest in vegetative technology.

Watch Video

funny but this sounds like the senior prank we pulled at my high school. We took a potato and called it the ispud and hooked up bad headphones to protest against the electronic ban they put up. also potatoes are banned to. All this cause we wanted to listen to music in school.

iPotato?! MUST...OWN....i....PRODUCTS!

Damn Jobs and his brainwashing camps.

kinda reminds me of that collegehumour skit where 'Steve Jobs' reveals the i, a big ball with an on button but that doesn't actually do anything, a fact disguised by all the buzz words he chucks out :P

Also, you should totally have made Apple produced cameras or glasses and called them the iEye

This sketch does not have my seal of approval. *wink*

"Tablet?"
Honestly, I wish the real event had gone that way. :)

Only thing that would have made this more Applicious - when GrahamJobs demonstrates halving the potato, actually have the potato split into two parts.

Funny and true but not my favourite of LRR.
I laughed at the bit after the credits.

Once a week is too little, everything you've made for The Escapist is so good I want it pumped directly into my brain 24/7.

So yes, I liked it.

EDIT: Also, Paul is looking even sexier than usual in this episode.

"You get more than more potato."
XDDD

It certainly feels that way...

I never owned a single Apple product.

And I'm proud of that.

Now... how much does the iPotato cost? And will you need a specialized technician with proprietary tools to add butter?

You forgot to mention how much more expensive it is than a regular potato!

So... where can I purchase one, simply to say that I own an iPotato

This product actually looks MORE practical than the iPad.

It's sold by Apple, so you know the masses will flock to it.

Meh, it was funny, but it ran a little too long in my opinion. Considering the jokes centered around a potato, it got a little stale quickly.

Good job regardless. I know this one had to be done in less than a week (I think) so that it was still on-course with the rest of the Internet at making humor at Apple's expense.

Great sketch! Loved it.
And now to the store. I certainly need an i-potato. My regoular potato suddenly is not enough...

since when is a potato a legume?

I'm hungry now... I need to learn how to make mash potatoes.

Now to countdown to someone asking what poutine is.

See what you get for believing in all the hype and rumors? Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go and purchase my Zune-Pie. It may not be as tasty as the iCake, but it lasts longer.

A lovely episode. It got off at a slow start but that image of the iPotato in the store was pure gold. And this begs the question:

Is a potato a legume?

It was okay. But I'm not fond of regular potatoes.

Give me iChips and you win. Chips as in fries, of course.

Haha, good one. Although I think it would have been funnier if you hadn't actually referenced the iPad... until you did, I thought the joke was that the iPotato is to a Potato what the iPad is to the iPod, but now I'm not so sure D:

The theme music, at the beginning and end, kicks ass!

Ninja Tank:
funny but this sounds like the senior prank we pulled at my high school. We took a potato and called it the ispud and hooked up bad headphones to protest against the electronic ban they put up. also potatoes are banned to. All this cause we wanted to listen to music in school.

Funny as usual. Leave it to Apple to feel they have to "redefine" a perfectly good product. I would've so picked up an iSpud had it hit the market in time....

I don't get it.

Sounds iDelicious! Very funny and nutritious.

ahh the intro/outro theme is really growing on me :D.. anyone know the author name?..
and loved the episode xP.. ENN was about iPhonemenon LRR was iPotato can't wait to find whats the UnSkip be about harhar..

Even though I like the look of the iPad since I'm an avid reader with limited shelf space, and magazines just don't work right on e-ink technology, I loved this so much. Then again, I'm also a sane human being who can be excited for a product while still cutting through the crap claims of redefining a neich market.

Also, POUTINE! Better known as "Heart attack to go."

meh, ill wait and see what other niche companies come up with, i dont want to buy an ipotato just for the brand name you know?

Well, this video certainly isn't a metaphor for any recent announcements by apple. That would just be crazy!

Great video guys!

Wow, great new interpretations of the classic "standing almost out of shot, staring slightly upwards" role by Paul and James!

Oh, and I suppose the sketch was funny, too.

Okay, I shall summarize..

OMG PAUL'S GROWING A BEARD BACK WOO! \o/

Ahem.. What I mean to say is.. Why WOULD you need a tablet when you have the iPotato? The uses are endless! Thin chips (french fries), crisps (packets of chips), roasted, stuffed with nacho-like goodness? ENDLESS!

However, potatoes simply MUST have internet access! I demand it!

And to finish, that final wink is GOLDEN! Excellent composure, Graham. =D

ThrashJazzAssassin:
Wow, great new interpretations of the classic "standing almost out of shot, staring slightly upwards" role by Paul and James!

Oh, and I suppose the sketch was funny, too.

Wait.. James? Where'd he come from? It was Paul, Tim and Kathleen o.o

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or