Stolen Pixels #165: The Next Big Thing from Apple!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Scrythe:
I never thought of it like that. Maybe that's the real reason why I could never get into the DS. Those tiny little buttons and that tiny little stylus cramp up my gigantic John Bonham hands.

Then you might want to consider the DSi LL/XL. It's what I'm getting to replace my original DS eventually.

I say they'll go 3D.

iCube. And Simpsons did it, I know.

gee that was great , it made my day

I predict after that will be the new iLife! a new app that allows you to do everything in your life on it. :P

thrubeingcool13:
What would that monstrosity be called?

Apple's iT.V. maybe?
OT: It sad but that may just very be true.

That really brightened up my day up Shamus. I was kind of hoping you would continue until it was the size of a planet though XD.

thrubeingcool13:

Not as good as some of the other ideas posted, but a few that crossed my mind:

iPosterboard

iSheetrock

iMural

iGarageDoor

If they could make it flexible:

iQuilt or iThrowRug

If the backlighting is powerful enough:

iTanningBed

My MP3 player was purchased because it would power my fullsize studio headphones. I HATE ear-buds. It plays MP3-CDs.

I use my mobile phone for... eh.. calling people? It has a camera or something built in to it I think. Think I've sent (that is, replied to) five SMS's over the last few years. I don't need "productivity" in my phone; I have a life.

You forgot to correct the shadow on his shirt in frame 3.

iPaid-far-too-much.

thrubeingcool13:

itable

Also I still have a phone that plugs into the wall!

Its my ONLY phone...

thrubeingcool13:

iWillBeBoughtAnyway

Seriously, what's with the current Apple lashing in The Escapist? O.o

thrubeingcool13:

iWall is a great name and here are my ideas;

The iCalander, The iPoster, The iMirror, The iWindow, iTable.

2020 iHouse?!

2014: The iPlank?

So little effort in this comic. You didnt even get individual app icons. Seriously this was a rush job by a douche who never shuts up about how bad DRM is and whose comics haven't been good since before Left4Dumb

lmao that was brilliant, i wanna own the last one!!

R4di4ti0n.:
So little effort in this comic. You didnt even get individual app icons. Seriously this was a rush job by a douche who never shuts up about how bad DRM is and whose comics haven't been good since before Left4Dumb

Wow, that seems like quite an inappropriately hostile response. If you don't like his comics, then don't read them. No need to call people names. It's not like you paid for admission or something...I hope. With a comment that critical, you must know a thing or two about making webcomics and have your own smarter, funnier comic to share. If not, then you should probably shut up because you really don't have the right to be judging others so harshly if you can't do a better job, yourself.

its funny now...but just you wait until 2012 comes around...this is scary realistic of whats to come...

thrubeingcool13:

iAmrunningoutofideas

I've already got a name for it: The iPoster! Really though, you can spend your money better on a netbook or a macbook if it's got to be from Apple.

I find it kind of hilarious that back before they pulled this crap on us, we were joking about all the Apple Products would eventually get smaller.

Now the joke seems to be that they're in fact going for the opposite...

Can't fault them for going against expectations I guess...

I am printing this and mounting it on my wall above my computer. Absolutely hilarious, and so true.

Well done sir. Well done indeed.

I lol'd.

Don't get an iPad, it doesn't support Flash. Which is probably the only reason I'd use it. I don't have a tablet and using a mouse to animate is hard. That's why I usually stick to spriting.

The iCoffeeTable! It will revolutionize furniture!

Very punny, I must say

In the immortal words of G&P: "I have nothing to add to this." :D

Dang, that was pretty damn funny.

We've had the iPod and the iPod Nano, and it seems you agree with the me that the next in line will be the iPod mega, which you have to carry round in a rucksack and stores ten trillion songs

dnadns:
On a slightly serious note, if they manage to bring it out in a size that could be used on a table or desk (of course, highly scratch ..etc. resistant), I might even consider getting something like that.

Imagine having a table that you can use for board games, throw up some news, tv (hopefully iTable supports Flash). Of course it would have to allow several windows which each user may orient to their liking.

The Microsoft D&D table demo looked quite nice, but I dislike the idea of having a seperate computer around to feed information to that thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrr7AZ9nCY&feature=related

Microsoft Surface. It's a big ass table.

I laughed heartily at that last panel. In all seriousness, the iPad would actually be a good idea- if they'd made it so it did something that the iPhone didn't already do. Well, besides being big enough to beat someone to death with. I mean, honestly, something that big doesn't have Flash, but the iPhone does? Does not compute.

Doug:
I prefer the iPotato to the iPad.

HAHAHAHA!!

i love using less potatoes with the iPotato

and i could not help but laugh so hard
which is a bit awkward because i am surrounded by others

Teh Blasta:

thrubeingcool13:

iWall

you beat me to it...

oh well funny and (hopefully) not true
edit: what would the iwall's sucessor be? the ibuilding?

I'm a bit more anti-apple than Shamus is, but I GOT the iPod. It made sense. I even own one because of two things: Capacity (I'm a music junkie and there were no comparably sized MP3 players at the time) and convenience (the number of accessories I could get that would fit well, like docking stations and cases).

I GOT the iPhone, too. I don't own one, and in fact, I'm nonplussed by my current phone lacking a keypad. But I get the iPhone and I get the following.

iPad? Not so much. Though I've got to admit, the idea of something larger does appeal to me on several levels, in no small part for the same reason of the DS example.

I could see this coming true, like others. Video Games aren't the only thing suffering from sequelitis.

I chuckled quite a bit. Good one, Shamus.

thrubeingcool13:

It's gonna be called the iSlab.

You pose a good question, Shamus, how large can a device get and still be called "Portable" or "mobile"?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here