239: Journey Into Darkness

Pages PREV 1 2 3

This is one of my favorite shooters, right up there with Half-Life and Bioshock in terms of engrossing story. Having more detailed environments kept it from being a stellar technical shooter, but it's still worth playing just for the narrative. Thanks to Logan for recognizing greatness!

The story may have been nice,but the game was so bad.You died in a snap,most of your little companions were useless,and a helicopter was indestructible!I hated that game

3 pages and no mention of Steven segal films I am sad panda...

The darkness is a masterpiece ,broken perhaps but damn good, Its so bad so good factor is up there with Infernal and Dark sector!

I must say this.. that the Article was just Beautiful. By all means, this Article reached out to me because I was a fan of The Darkness. It was a game like I never played before. Sure, it seriously had its flaws but the gameplay and campaign really spoke out to me. Especially because it was focused on balance of power- you and your inner power.

How many games have that? Where you're actually being used by your own power, that it's another character rather then just being part of your own being period. I give this Article a 10/10 straight up. Amazing, full of detail, hit everything on the nail, and loved how it explains that Jackie's love was the true signifigance of his being.

This makes me want to play The Darkness all over again. I wish they made a sequel to The Darkness but honestly that might just ruin it's reputation for all I know. I felt utterly love this Article, the first that actually made me re-read all three pages. Plus the picture branded was wicked nice. Great review!! Oh and my favorite part of this was that the demonic force wasn't just a tool at the end of the game nor some supernatural rip off, but that it was it's unique original game where you actually were fighting your power, when it was corrupted and even tries to make you suffer. That's excellent story telling.

Boy do you have a way with words Logan. An excellent article.

Indeed this hypes me for the next installment of The Darkness.

Great write up. I absolutely love this game. One of the few shooters I even like. The storytelling was on an extremely high level and was one of the emotive games out there. It's great there's a sequel coming out after so long. I thought it would never happen. I just hope so much that the quality remains from the change of studio. It's going to be very very hard to top the first game.

The Darkness still stands out as one of my favorite FPS games of all time. not because of the action which is fun even though you'll be spending most of it shooting out lights and using the creeping horror, but because of the story. The scene with Jenny is still one of the only turely romantic scenes i've ever encountered in a video game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here